Muscle Cars

Not really big into cars but I absolutely love muscle cars so I thought I'd have a thread dedicated to other user's favorites. Starting to think I should keep my eye out for my dream car in the future, but I imagine a good first step would be to make sure I know what my dream car is.
So far my #1 choice is a Trans-Am, but I want to know why other anons think it's a shit car and why their favorites are better. Plus, I imagine it'd be a good way to see the best of the best from others eyes

Extra note: I don't intent to get a muscle car as a daily drive, I'll still use my Explorer for that

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadillac_CTS-V
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

muscle cars are inherently shit

but since they made Firebirds for over 30 years you need to clarify which one you want if you want a proper roasting

but fuck you this is best muscle because I like it the most

>muscle cars are inherently shit
you are just driving the wrong ones desu fampai

the only good muscle comes/came from Germany

>cucknaziland
lel NO

That would be America mate

cant think of a single good American muscle car

they simply do not exist

AMC AMX. The only American car that could even remotely compete with the sportiness of the Corvette at the time. The rest of them were all go-straight barges in comparison, even the Mustang and Camaro.

On second thought, just buy a Corvette.

>Merkels face when
>Vette
Meh it looks nice but its not really a muscle car its more of a modern hyper car thats channeling a muscle car.

Cadillac is more my speed

Cadillac never produced muscle cars.

>claims AMGs are muscle cars
>V Cadillacs a-aren't muscle cars t-though

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadillac_CTS-V
You are dumb goodnight sir

This.

goddamn krautcucks

>Cadillac
>muscle

all of my fucking keks

The big block cars were really the muscle cars that didn't handle for shit and plowed threw corners. The small block cars were much better handling and much better drivers. Look at vintage trans am racing for that.

>mfw retards here think a modern all alum ls 350-400 stroker is 'heavy'
keeeeeeeeeeeeeek

>modern cars
>muscle
Nah, enjoy your electronic bibblydoos that are impossible to work on at home.

>people think they handled good because they were used on a track

lol

Semi modern 15 year old bibblydoo here

ls1 absolutely no problems cars simple as fuck desu

>being old and not wrapping your head around basic electronics
Go to bed boomer

Ahem, I was referring to the 60-70s iron block big blocks. Not modern strokers.

Who the fuck goes to a track with corners with a iron bigblock v8?

exluding classic series ofc

>AMC AMX. The only American car that could even remotely compete with the sportiness of the Corvette at the time.

Holy shit really? what gave this car its edge? AMC seems like they were trying to do all kinds of crazy shit (rotary powered pacers).

I think any of the 2nd generation ones, they look the best to me

Short wheelbase, low weight, small lightweight engine with good specific power output.

it was made to compete with the Corvette for a shit ton less money

it had a pretty damn stiff setup for the time with sway bars and powered disc brakes up front

its not muscle though since its a sports car

it couldnt really compete with the higher trim of Vettes but when youre saving $1000 with an AMX who cares

early to mid-late 70s is alright/last of the muscle cars and take almost nothing to get going quick

1979-1981 are complete shit

if all you want is a cruiser then it doesnt even matter

Everywhere I go I see nice muscle cars driving like 10 mph below the speed limit constantly. Are they being driven by old white people?
What's the point of owning muscles if you don't flex em?

Alright, glad I decided to strike up a conversation on the subject

>Are they being driven by old white people?
Yes.

I love Trans ams too but they're all ancient

Old white people are usually the only ones that can afford the top tier shit

>Not really big into cars but I absolutely love muscle cars

The epitome of "muscle car" owners
You should get one

I own a '78 TA. I put a little work into it, got most of the stuff fixed up well enough, and it runs pretty well. Only thing about it is that it's a fairly heavy car relatively and with less horsepower, so it's not really fast at all. I would only recommend it for flash unless you want to put a lot of work into it to speed it up.

That said, the firechicken is awesome, but it's about to lose a little bit of the novelty value with remakes suppose to be hitting the street soon.

Absolute all time favorite is 1967 Camaro RS/SS

Rate my dream car

Also posting ass.

I'm surprised and slightly saddened that I don't see more muscle threads on Veeky Forums.

Bumping

>fwd

>V8

meh/10, everyone and their dog wants a first gen
That's a '69, you can tell because of the squared off wheel wells (67 and 68 had round wheel wells), the taillights (67 and 68 are more rectangular), side markers were added in 68, and vent windows were only on 67s.

>everyone wants one
O-ok. I want one because my dads dream was always to get another one since it was his first car, and I inherited that dream.
>mixed up the images
Fugg, I forgot. I'm sorry fellow user. Have another.

Early 2nd gen >>>>>st gen

He's joking right?
Guys?

>dat one on the right tho

I would gladly go into massive unmanageable debt if Chevy made a new camaro based on the early 2nd gen.

You have good taste bro. I just sold my cherry red 77 TA 400 ram air with 49k original miles last month. Ran out of room in the garage. The thing was heavy and it took a lot of edelbrock to get it in the low 13-s but the curves of the body, the golden firebird on the hood, and the rumble of that engine always made it a head turner. I hope you get to follow your dream too!

>not American
>muscle

Pick one eurofag

No he's just shitposting

Hate to break it to you, but the catfish was inspired by the early second gen.

>tfw no Rocket powered Camaro killer

Dammit GM, why did you have to kill everything good for fear of MUH VETTES and MUH CHEBBIES?

also
>no red inner fenders
fukken repros

except that thing was an abomination because they tried to make it arrow dynamic.

Im talking a straight up retro design similar to what dodge did with the challenger.

I can't go over 55 or my engine has trouble ;_;

The fact that many people hate this style of fbody is one of the reasons i love it. More for me.

I don't mind thoes way better looking than the new ones.

>newer ones
I guess you mean these? Cause i like them to. And from what i can see im diggin dat fox body.

>they tried to make it arrow dynamic.
And that's why these things are standing mile beasts when they're built up. They're slipper as all hell.

>muscle car
>arrow dynamic
pick one faggot

what up

Nice rims are those 4 lug or did you swap to 5 lug?

>I WANT MY MUSCLE CAR TO GO FAST IN A STRAIGHT LINE LIKE A MUSCLE CAR IS ONLY GOOD FOR
>I DON'T WANT IT TO BE AERODYNAMIC WHICH MAKES IT FAST IN A STRAIGHT LINE BECAUSE MUSCLE CARS CAN ONLY BE BRICKY LAND BARGES

I really don't want them to because they would ruin it.

Source? It looks nothing like an early 2nd gen. Late 2nd gen maybe

The source is some book back home on the Camaro throughout it's life span. One of the lead designers for the refresh mentioned wanting to modernize the 2nd generation design, and you can see cues of it in the front fascia. The way the hood lines lead to the headlights, he point right in the middle of the front, the open grille between the headlights (although that was partially inspired by Ferrari too).

A bit in the 70's but much more the 80's and 90's, American muscle suffered from cucked engines due to emissions standards and shitty styling. Arguably this shit styling continues.

However a '77 special edition (the left most in your pic OP) is my dream car. I just need to figure out how to un-cuck the engine when I finally get my hands on one. Honestly I don't hate the other classic muscle cars, I simply don't like the styling as much. Also I would say my distaste for modern mustangs has made the classic ones strike me as more mediocre.

wut? Do you mean that one company in florida that is taking camaros and slapping a body kit and "firebird" decal on them? They've been around a while.

Thanks and Nope still 4 my frend goes to the strip with drag radials often and hasn't had a problem with them and his has spray its probably toping out at 600bhp and hasn't broken them yet so no sense in spending money in an area that dosent need it

my personal favorite is Chevy Nova II from 1968-1972 and in close second comes Pontiac GTO "Judge"

>headers
>aggressive cam
>Swap the heads on it for a set of #13, 16 or 48 Pontiac heads
>run heads gaskets with a thinner crush thickness
>Jet the Qjet to piss more fuel
>Remove the EGR and block the heat risers
>throw a bit more timing at it and run it on 93

Engine is now uncucked and probably only a cut below some of the baddest Pontiacs of the day.