QTDDTOT : Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Google Before Asking Here Edition

>Ask Veeky Forums questions that are either sensible or stupid here.
>Also answer to questions if you know them.

Last QTDDTOT soon to reach bump limit and get archived.

Other urls found in this thread:

walmart.com/ip/Great-Value-Foaming-Carpet-Cleaner-22-Oz/12335095
walgreens.com/store/c/woolite-heavy-carpet-rug-&-upholstery-cleaner/ID=prod4323-product
cvs.com/shop/household/cleaning-supplies/carpet-floor-cleaners/total-home-by-cvs-foaming-carpet-cleaner-prodid-145045
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Can i take my car to an auto upholstery place to get a dash made or will I have to lurk junkyards to see if one comes up?

>Does seat ventilation removes farts?
If it keeps smelling, it's not farts in your seat.
They don't wipe their butt properly. Their underwear is stained with poop and some has soaked into your seat. Don't let shitty people sit in your car

You'll have to use one of those portable handheld rug shampooers if you have one. That's the best for removing obnoxious stuff in your fabric and slightly soaked into the padding underneath. Never wet and scrub the surface as that drives the yuck deeper in.

If you don't have a spot cleaning machine, but have a wet/dry vac, you can use that. Empty out the vac and clean it of dust and debris in the chamber since you are going to get some liquid in there. As you spray gentle cleaning agent onto the spot such as windex, suck up the liquid. Alternate spraying and sucking actions for five to 10 times. Now spray some water on it and suck up several times to rinse out any windex residue. Sniff. If it still smells dirty, then some is in the padding underneath and will need spraying with windex and a very brief rub followed quickly by vacuuming. Press the vac nozzle somewhat firmly to be sure to suck out all liquid. Alternate the spray/rub and vaccuming several times followed by water rinse.

Least effective as it only cleans the surface fabric (and not the padding) is the spray foam used for carpet. That is the type that you spray lightly, rub gently into the nap of the carpet, let dry, then vaccuum out the dried foam which has also loosened up the grimy type dirt that a regular vac cannot remove. If it is a cleaner that doesn't include vacuum out dried foam, then that is probably not the right cleaner.

walmart.com/ip/Great-Value-Foaming-Carpet-Cleaner-22-Oz/12335095

walgreens.com/store/c/woolite-heavy-carpet-rug-&-upholstery-cleaner/ID=prod4323-product

cvs.com/shop/household/cleaning-supplies/carpet-floor-cleaners/total-home-by-cvs-foaming-carpet-cleaner-prodid-145045

Depends on car I guess, but assuming an amateur with only basic tools: what maintenance/mods are worth it to do yourself, and which should just be left for the mechanic?

Why do some drivers feel the need to compete with people trying to merge or switch lanes?
I swear florida is filled with suicidal maniacs who can't drive.

> because this lane is my line and I'll be damned if I let some homosexual in a foreign car get in front of me
> I'm in a hurry, I don't want anyone in front of me because I'm in a rush and God forbid I see brake lights
> my day is going horrible, so your day is going to be horrible and I know just how to make it horrible.
Simple things like that.

it's everywhere. i hate it.

What is the difference between inline and straight?

>Why do some drivers feel the need to compete with people trying to merge or switch lanes

There are lots of people who feel good at seeing you rage (or imagining you rage) when they stop you from getting what you want. It's very similar to how lots of americans laugh at seeing others have misfortune.

your mum

l need a new clutch kit and here's what my mechanic laid on me.

Order a Valeo kit for 450$. Or l could get something street friendly kit from ACT for about 560$.

Car is stock otherwise. l'm l paying for shit if l get the ACT clutch?

Miata or MR2 for 4.5k?
Both 90s

Miata

Thank me later

t. gondola

You don't need a fancy clutch if you have stock power levels. Spend money on a lighter flywheel.

My penis was inline and straightly position when I got it inside your mom last night.

How much trouble can I really get in for being a hostile driver?

Last night a kid in another car flipped me off unprovoked. So I sped around their car and almost smashed into them. Then I pulled in front of them and slammed on my breaks. then I drove side by side with them screaming at them from the oncoming lane of traffic. Then they turned, I did a u turn and followed them.

Another time I was merging onto the high way, a guy got into the merge lane from the high way and got in front of me. He passed me in the merging lane. So I cut through four or five cars and got in front of him and started honking my horn and screaming.

Someone tried passing me on that "right lane ends" street, and I won't let them. almost side swiped them. I'm banging on my door staring them in the eye, swerving all over the road.

I just have a lot of anger and I don't like when people test me.

What car produced most power from a very small engine?

Hopefully an aneurysm.

probably can get in shit if they get you on video and call you in to the cops

i drive a RHD car in a LHD country, where i am its illegal to eat, text, etc while driving. my girlfriend was in the passenger seat on her phone, someone blared their horn at me flipping me off and floored it past me. thought whatever

next day, constable called me that someone came to the police saying i was texting and driving, said its a RHD car and my girlfriend was in the passenger seat on her phone, whoever is dumb as fuck enough to see a phone but not a steering wheel shouldnt be driving. cops hung up and never heard back lol

i think that new Nissan engine that you can hold in your arms but makes a shitload of power

otherwise theres lots of built 1.3L twin turbo rotary engines making huge power

You guys got any voodoo magic tricks to remove a small dent? Some kids kicked a bike chained to the pole and it spun around and the handle bar hit my door. Its only visible from like one angle but its killing me.

Should I buy something like a 2007 Honda Jazz or a 2011 Fiat Panda, you know, something small and cheap with AC, now or should I just wait until I have saved up a bit more money to buy something a bit more powerful and nicer to drive on longer journeys and drive my old Twingo for another 3 or 4 months?

>tfw let go of the clutch too soon before shifting in the gear
This happened a few times before. How badly am I fucking up my drivetrain?

I've a gmc jimmy 01, for about 3 years, as a first car. It provides good utility, but is the absolute shittiest ride ever, and finding parts are a bitch, esp. because the previous owner didn't take care of shit, not to mention the engine is a labyrinth of delphi and wires.
For my next car (which I would like to be cheap af), what is something with good part availability and that is easy for a relative newbie to work on?

The odd time isn't going to fuck up anything. Doing that regularly will cause problems.

I have a 1998 Chevy Blazer with 128k and i have some vertical play in my distributor cap. Is that normal? Is it time to replace it? It's throwing out P0301 and I'm not sure what to do next.

Is it possible for a late second gen Tacoma to have the off-road package but not be a TRD? Seems strange to offer everything for off-roading and then skimp on the suspension.

What do you consider larger and more comfy?

Do you plan to have power upgrades?

No?

Then No.

Inline and straight are opposite of your sexual orientation.

One simply does not walk into an upholstery shop and ask for a dash.

Your cap is fucked. even if you replaced it, its fucked again.

how fucked is the engine?

Engine should be fine, unless for some reason the gear the distributor rides on is striped. But have a miss times spark generally doesn't hurt the engine.

What does an A/C compressor sound like? Car in question is 2008 highlander with the 2GR-FE, and the A/C has not blown anything but room temp air for years. Where do I even begin? Do I check fuses or do I check to see if the compressor is on its way out?

The compressor in my truck just makes a louder hum when it kicks on, it's nothing you'll be able to hear all the time.

Turn on the car and the a/c. Open the hood and listen for a click about every ten seconds, the click is the compressor clutch engaging and the engine rpm might go down slightly, the clutch should be engaged for about ten seconds and then disengage, you'll hear a click both ways.

If the compressor sounds right then your system probably doesn't have any Freon in it, depending on how long it's been empty the compressor could be damaged.

If the compressor doesn't sound right then it could be the compressor, the compressor clutch, or the relay/fuse to trigger the compressor.

Can i register a car under my name even if i dont have a drivers license and get updated plates and a year sticker tag?

Are there any series that race diesels?

Depending on if the dent is on a crease, you can try a toilet plunger or those pop a dent kits from vatozone. Takes a bit of patience but those things actually work.

important question that is formula 1 related

i remember in 2014, mercedes received a lot of bad press because they kept their good motor (split turbo) for themselves while selling a decent motor to everyone else

nowadays do they sell the split turbo motor to anyone else or is it still the motor with a single unit?

i've looked for a long time and can't find anything

If somebody is selling a car for $80k AU, can I realistically talk them down to $60k? I've seen similar models go for $60k.

Is anyone else here so retarded that they accidentally hot the accelerator instead of the break sometimes?

If the car you're looking at is really valued closer to 60 than 80, then the person selling it is either a clueless dreamer or owes 80 on a car thats only worth 60. In either case, the answer to your question is No.

I found an '06 IS350. 90k miles, 1 owner.

It's at a rich-cunt used dealership. Been there for over 5 months. They're asking $13k. I think more like $11k.

Is undercutting that far ridiculous? Would they negotiate or say "GTFO"?

Driving around shoot part of town
Cholo passes me speeding like a mad man, but gets stopped at light
Pull up to him
Car alarm is going off
Light turns green
Smoke screen was deployed

Lol, what? At first I thought the alarm was some weird trance music, but cholo don't listen to that stuff amd it didn't have a beat apart from the alarm. I figure it was stolen...

Straight and Inline are literally the same.
What you should be asking is what is the difference between flat and straight.
A quick Google search can answer you that.

Damn, that pic is so beautiful.

I have a mildly bent connecting rod in one of my cylinders.

If the cylinder walls look fine when I tear the engine down, how dumb would it be to replace all the pistons and connecting rods with nice shit instead of spending 500-1000 more for a used long block (hard to find the bottom ends by themselves)?

Is it necessary to pre-fill the oil filter?

Hey Veeky Forums I can't make any decisions for myself and don't know which of these 4 cars I should get
Help me pick between a..
2009 Lexus ES350
Accord (any year)
2014 Mazda6 i Touring
2011 BMW 328 i

What hood is this? Been looking for it for a while now.
It's not the ZOOM meter hood.

l am but probably won't get beyond 250HP

Renault clio 0.9 2013
Ford Fiesta 2013 1.5 (not the eco one)

which car is guder

It is recommended on turbos to prevent running the engine when dry.

For a naturally aspirated the harm usually isn't enough to justify.

In both cases there will still be residual oil that should somewhat be lubricating it.

what cars compare to the Mercedes GLA45?
i like the car but what is the closest other car makers have?

Should I import a R32 GTR for €15k or
wait until I have around €20k?

I don't want a heavily abused car.

How ineffective are a wankel motor compared to a piston engine? How much more money do you spend on gas?

Someone please help, as I am inept. My 02 mazda protoge keeps stalling out unexpectedly. I just changed spark plugs,some have recommended that I change the maf. It starts up immediately after, gives me a battery light and a check engine light. What do?

Call your local dmv

When you import a car from Japan to the US, do you get to see the car in detail by any source?

Battery is also new

diagnostics would answer that, do that instead of changing shit

Depends on who the seller is. Just make sure you ask for photos and or video of the car in detail and you should be fine.

Also is there a difference between shifter linkage bushings and shifter bracket bushings?

Now when you say this you mean what exactly? Pep boys wanted to charge 180 bucks for them to figure it out.

on board diagnostics, you plug in a cable, you check for DTCs, watch live data.

So nobody knows?

I bought a tarbu car and I use it to get to work and back daily which is a fairly short commute. I do let the engine idle before and after I drive it,the coolant gets to operating temp after about two km, but the oil doesnt get anywhere near the operating temp, Im trying not to rev it while cold. Would you suggest I make my first oil change at 5k km already? Normally I changed my oil at 10k on my previous N/A car. Just trying to baby the new car as much as I can before it gets broken in.

I'm looking at a 78 plymouth fury and am wondering about quality. Anything I should be wary of about that model? It has 69k miles and the guy wants 2900. The Craigslist ad only had 2 pictures and it doesn't show the front, rear, engine bay, interior or anything else. I'm gonna ask for more pictures before i arrange a meet up.

It sends a big red flag to me that he only posted 2 pictures. Hoping that he's just lazy and not that he's hiding something

MR2 yo

Best dash/rear cams?

I'm about to take a trip to Philadelphia from Texas.

I was just wondering if anyone is familiar with the routes and roads or a similar trip.

Are there any places worth detouring for?
Which of the 2 routes in pic related (not plane) is better for scenic/traffic reasons?

Any other info is greatly appreciated.

I'm pretty sure you spend more money on engine oil. I'm not sure about gas.

well both routes are going to be leading you straight through every metro center possible, try to avoid those.
Houston is congested as fuck, if you can skip Houston completely (or just get to it at a dead time) you'll be good, Louisiana is easy driving as long as you don't mind the 12 mile bridge.
After that you're on your own, imo the inland route would be faster as it goes through fewer large population centers, and the seaboard route doesn't really get worth going through until North Carolina area for scenic reasons.

I have $2-3k and want to learn to dorifto. Is this a realistic budget for car+mods+tires? What is my best bet for finding a car? I see some NA miatas in my price range locally but they're pretty ugly imo. Could I reasonably expect to haggle a 240sx or something down to my price range? Should I buy someone else's drift/project car so I don't have to mod as much myself?

i have a chip on the corner of my window and it is rusting. its smaller than the size of a quarter, but it drives me nuts because i can see it in my mirror. what do i do about it?

In SC you don't have to have a license to register a car.

However some states tie your registration to your license, and if you fail to register it, you can lose your license.

Audi runs Diesels in Lemans racing.

You'll probably have to hone down the cylinders anyways. But if it is scored badly and its a non sleevable block, you'll be looking at getting another block regardless.

I don't see a hood in that pic you silly yuropoor.

2-3k may get you a car and enough money for some power upgrades.

It won't be enough for wheels tires and suspension upgrades needed

Miata won't have enough power to stay in the drift, 240's are plentiful, but over priced, your best bet would be an E36 with a turbo M50.

In general I would never buy someone elses project unless I knew what all was wrong with it, and I wouldn't suggest doing it at all, if you know nothing about cars.

On the pillar or on the glass? If its rusting already its too late for touch up paint. Itll have to be sanded primed and repainted.

on the pillar. how much would it cost about? i dont want to have to repaint the whole door over it you know?

I want to make my car go 2HP faster. What is the best items to buy? I drive a RSX-S. No turbo.

Cold air intake.

What if I want to go faster?

has anyone ever used the general car insurance? I'm kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place, but I just need insurance of any kind at the moment for cheap. anyone had awful experiences with these types of places?

Got a code P0730 on my 2000 Honda Accord, how fucked am I?

what does your transmission fluid look like? Probably just go the honda dealer and buy some atf, disconnect the battery, replace the fluid, reconnect, fire it up and see what happens

I see a shitload of 2012-2014 Ford Focuses/Fiestas for under $10k. Under 100k miles. What gives? Is there some horrible thing wrong with them? I just need a second shitbox car for another 50-75k miles for my SO.

Hey, I'm just looking for a bit of advice

So, I've had this old Toyota Avalon for a while now, haven't done much to it other than destroy it. I work the ultimate meme job (pizza) so it takes a toll on my car, plus I've gotten into two accidents recently in the past two years I've been delivering (just bad luck? I don't know, I try my best but everyone always has some comment on my driving, maybe I'm a nervous person but that's another story). The car came completely fucked, the guy sold it to us for $2000 because muh blue book when really it was worth half that, but I think getting two years out of it has been good.

The question is simpler than the story, do you guys think I should repair the cosmetic damage, save for a new car, or just continue beating it? Honestly, I want to be a better driver before I get something nice. I mean two accidents in two years is awful, my dad had two accidents in his lifetime and my mother just got into her first. I just don't get it and I don't want to make any more mistakes. I figured you guys would be the best to ask, I wish I could get more into cars but I feel like all I'll do it wreck them

compressor switches on, but that's it. Passenger vents whisper, not blow, 2F-less-than-room-temperature air through, but all of this is nullified by the hot air coming from the driver's side vents. It gets so hot inside that standing outside the vehicle is a better idea.

How much would I be looking at if I took it to a shop to get it checked? On the other hand, how do I get over the fear of something more crucial breaking if the A/C does get fixed?

The only problem with my fiesta was trying to hug a saturn with it.

Hey guys, my mom has a 2014 Toyota Corolla Sports Ascent and she disconnected her battery before heading overseas now that she came back and re-connected it the main unit (which shows reverse camera, plays the radio etc) is not working. It says "Program Loading is necessary please insert SD card". Problem is, she bought the car off someone and she doesn't believe she got a SD card. Is there a solution to this?

Thanks in advance

Two of my flanges connecting to what I believe is my resonator are rusted out. It is causing my exhaust to sound like a low grumble. Muffler shop has quoted me $450 to fix the issue, but I really have no money right now.

How safe is it to drive?

Search online for the model of the unit itself.
Its probably made by eclipse, but idk.
They might offer downloads for whatever program data it needs.

probably lots of rental returns, they are common fleet cars.

450$ is rape check around for better.
the worst that might happen is it gets punctured and after a while may crack and rub on the ground

I want a car I can learn in and fix up but Im full in wageslave status and barely pull 500 a month, what are some cars to look at that are good for a complete newbie to learn how to fix and maintain?
I could just work in my current DD, a 96 ford contour gl, but I'm afraid I'll fuck it up and then not have a working car

>rythmic thumping from engine
anyone know what this could be? it cant be rod knock because it's intermittent, plus sometimes it's loud enough to be heard from the cabin yet other times i gotta have my ear on the valve cover

Is this going to be a good investment and a future classic?

does there exist a car, where it's built for performance but it won't draw attention?

Yes, the Chevrolet SS is built for it. It looks like a shit-econo-box but it turns into a monster once you step on the accelerator.
>6.2L V8 delivers 415 horsepower and 415 lb.-ft. of torque, taking you from 0 to 60 in just 4.7 seconds

G E O M E T R O
E
O
M
E
T
R
O