/acg/ - Armored Core General: Hacking Last Raven Portable Edition

Holy happening this is gonna be sweet,

For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin: pastebin.com/Ek3kMtZW
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially approved recommendation list:
pastebin.com/WSq32Amg (updated february 28th)

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>There's a king on a throne with his eyes torn out

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>There's a blind man looking for a shadow of doubt

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>There's a rich man sleeping on a golden bed

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI

Understanding Last Raven technical stuff.
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zrRulzNwpe4
pixiv.net/whitecube/user/2438336/illust/19525697
pastebin.com/Vv6B4wQi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Aaliyah-chan

Second for not!Aaliyah-chan!

youtube.com/watch?v=zrRulzNwpe4

Repost of the video from the last thread.

Third fot Aaliyah.

Noblesse-kun is cool. Cool!

PLEASE DO NOT BULLY THE SNIPERS

I CANT BEAT ZINAIDA SHES TOO FAST

Sorry Noblesse, but your little brother is way cooler.

PLEASE HELP

bump.

I actually don't know who that is

>look on pixiv for AC, because I've somehow never done it before
>come across pixiv.net/whitecube/user/2438336/illust/19525697
Shit, I think this fucker kicked my ass in FA a couple times, or at least people copying his emblems very well.

Guys do you have any tips?

Break her legs. The goal is to basically circle around so that she chases you the entire time.

You can actually sort of "cheese" Zinaida using dual rifles with handguns and the Gaea EO core. Pop the EOs when she gets too close, burst fire the rifles when she's chasing you. Eventually her legs will break and you can then just out-turn her.

The trick is to focus entirely on turning speed and bunny hopping. High output gen, don't worry about overheating (none of her weapons really produce a lot of heat, the railgun is easy to dodge).

As long as she doesn't pull out her pulse cannon, most of her weapons are actually not that deadly.

Things to practice:

1. Bunnyhopping backwards in a circle.
2. Moving your lock box up and down as you move to follow her rise and fall.
3. Popping EOs and letting them take care of the damage for you
4. Timing your trigger holding so that your weapons are ready to fire when she ENTERS your lockbox. When you press the fire button for the first time, there's delay as your arm moves upward to aim, so hit the button before she enters the lockbox.
5. Aim for her legs. 80% of winning is just breaking her legs so he can't turn as fast as you.

I recommend an underweighted Cougar2 (450mph with TP or Gull boosters) with RA2 and R3 rifles, then dual HP handguns in storage. GAEA EO core and LORIS arms. Throw on the smallest rockets for taking down the turrets. Don't worry about running out of ammo, the EO will recharge while it's not active.

Also, you HAVE to take almost no damage before entering the mission. Otherwise your legs will break before hers do, and that means you die. Make sure to equip the high turning extension.

Dual HP handguns OR Gaea EO core I mean. If you go with a storage core, make sure you bring some extra ammo (maybe RM3 + Magoraga missiles).

Another way to do it is to spam RM3+Magoraga at the start of the fight, then purge them and go back to rifles + EO. That can be a good way to bust her legs if you time it right.

>Break her legs
I can recommend the mines dispenser on the shoulders, those things do huge damage on legs and can help a lot when aiming for that.

Thanks guys, I'll take these into account next time I start playing again.

Any way to pirate this game?

which one

You can pirate every game except the PS3/360 ones. (AC4, FA, ACV, and VD)

The PSP versions require a cheat to run in an emulator, so you have to install the cheat yourself or use Irregular Raven's PPSSPP package, which has it installed already

How exactly big are the mechs?

If you're talking about the AC's, I think they're officially around 8-10 meters tall in the first game all the way through 4A. It doesn't look like it because FROM never really bothered keeping things to scale. The ones in the V generation are five meters tall.

Depends on the game, scale can be wonky.

Canon says that ACV mechs are 5m tall, AC4 Mechs are 15m tall, and AC1-LR mechs are 7-10 meters tall.

However, some missions might feature cars or vehicles or buildings that are absurdly small, making it appear like you're 50m tall.

Congrats on our first 750 post thread in a while. Let's celebrate by doing it again.

F

are you paying respects or something

>dying again

It's a bit of a jinx. Every time we hit bump limit, the next few threads die fast.

Oh yeah, forgot to bring this up, but I think I might have doomed my Chromestrike players.
After I typed this up it ended up being, like, four posts long. So screw that, here's a pastebin:
pastebin.com/Vv6B4wQi
Anyway, a few days later one of the players catches me at lunch and tells me that a smell very similar to what I described has been coming and going around their hall.
>tfw skinwalkers are going to kill and eat your friends

Never heard about Chromestrike before, seems interesting

Spooky

I need desktop backgrounds for unexplained reasons. If you guys could provide me a few, I would appreciate it.

a reason other than the obvious?

Changed the AP value of a head and had it work in gameplay. Last the left now is to figure out what I missed so that the new AP value shows up in the garage.

Fixed the problem.

It's taken me about 72 hours, but now I'm at a point where I can start editing the stats, it's just bruteforce and data entry from here on.

I asked about the choice of buying FA or VD in the last thread, to which most suggested FA. Turns out that trying to buy an 8 year old game is a bigger pain than I expected it to be. So, I haven't a choice but to go for VD.

Before I make my purchase, I'd like to know what I'm in for. How extensive is VD's single player campaign? I should be fine if there's at least 50 missions, Hardcore mode nonwithstanding.

Since it's more online focused, I also want to know how active it is. The copy I'm getting is Asian region. I see that there are Saturday Afternoon Verdict Days here, so I assume I should go online during that time?

Bump.

VD has 10 short "main story" missions that are basically just boss fights or gimmick missions. Then there's a ton of basic generic missions and an arena-ish string of AC duel side missions. In addition to that, you gain an AI bro called a UNAC that you can program and customize and you can use it for coop on every mission (and also to fill in for team members in PVP matches), so if you have extreme autism beyond the standard AC customization you'll have a lot of fun tweaking your UNAC on the side.

There's not a LOT of singleplayer content (at least not much worth replaying a lot) compared to other games, but it's still okay. I wouldn't call VD a bad game for singleplayer, just not a particularly great one. It's average all around due to extreme positives and extreme negatives.

The actual ACV game actually has really long single player missions that last 15+ minutes, though it's lacking in features and fixes that VD has. Still a fun run through if you want to pick that up too, it should be cheap.

Generic side missions are fine too. Could you give me a rough estimate of how many there are? As long as there's a good variety of them, it should be fine.

But the AI bro is something I didn't know about. I had a lot of fun messing around in Formula Front and Carnage Heart EXA, so programming a UNAC might take up lots of my time. One thing I didn't especially like going through Last Raven was how I felt so lonely doing everything as all the Ravens died one by one, so having a buddy, AI or not, could make things feel less hollow.

emergency bump.

it basically a curse at this point

What is this skinwalker thing? I only find Navajo legends about it.

This is currently mine.

V long Story missions could have been much better if giving a varity of objectives and situations.

bump.

>But the AI bro is something I didn't know about. I had a lot of fun messing around in Formula Front and Carnage Heart EXA, so programming a UNAC might take up lots of my time

boy do I have good news for you

How active is the multiplayer scene on the PS3 for ACV and VD? Not sure to get it for my old 360 or PS3. I'm also not inclined to subscribe to XBL again but I'm also not too fond of getting it for the playstation since my controller is fucked up and I can't really justify getting a new one just for one game.

Xbox is dead
PS3 is far from active but you can usually find a couple matches

>How active is the multiplayer scene on the PS3
I wouldn't know because I'm /acg/'s token 360 guy. But from what I gather the PS3 playerbase here is still pretty active and plays often enough. The only reason I can rec the 360 versions at all is the fact that they don't suffer from the performance issues and FPS drop as much.

ACV's servers are down entirely on both consoles so it's irrelevant for multiplayer. VD is still up though.

>you will never go core-deep inside of Aaliyah-chan and synchronize with her at extremely high AMS capacity and engage in corporate warfare with her

VD has a longer campaign than FA, but it's a lot more boring.

It also has a more extensive hard mode with different options. For FA, "hard mode" is the actual game and "normal mode" is a watered down version. (there's a lot of enemies that only show up in hard mode).

You can also just emulate the older PS2 games on PC.

If you have a JP copy of the game and you're on PS3, you can probably find matches whenever (it's fairly active). Most people here are on the international (non-JP) server, which is much less active. To play with us you'll need a european or US copy of the disc and PSN.

The UNAC system could have been it's own game and I still would have bought it. It's fuckin' great and fun.

HOLY SHIT GUYS I FINALLY BEAT HER

I ended up doing it with a tank build with the GAEA core, back big plasma cannon, left arm KRSW, right arm pulse rifle, JIREN extension and a HOHSHI ecm maker inside part.

I tried a lightweight setup and I almost killed her, I could go over 400 sonics, but I really wanted to kill her with a tank AC. I know it was not the best course of action, but it was a matter of raven pride! Thank you guys that suggested builds for me

(Small correction that no one cares about. It was actually the SELENA core)

I CARE

SELENA is such an underrated core. It basically gives you an extra, auto-tracking karasawa on your back.

i miss the original..

The original... thread?

The original game?

Bump.

Bump

The original... Recipe?
The original.. gangster?
The original ...sin?

She's a tall girl.

We seriously need an AC game where you start out as a lowly MT pilot.

You fuck around for the first 10 missions in your MT as a hired merc doing shitty security details and fighting other MTs, and then suddenly OH SHIT and AC shows up in a mission, and you end up taking him down and being the only survivor.

Then you claim the bounty that was on his head and use it to buy a basic AC from a company of your choice.

>the real game starts here

Can't unsee that now

One of the coolest parts of the 3rd era was the MT pilots you could hire for help become AC pilots themselves.

VD should have done this. After defeating Black Glint, you get a NEXT of your own and get to really start fucking shit up.

And some of them are pretty damn good, too.

The heavyweight AC from SL Was bro-tier., and so was his MT.

Since games that just need the player to choose units to fight and do nothing afterwards exist (specially on phone/tablet) I can imagine a game were you have to program (with the UNAC deep) a small team and let them go wild.

>orange
>holding weapon with both hands like a normal rifle

Now I cant unseen Aldnoah zero.

I think the cool new word is fleshgait. Few years ago everybody called them skinwalkers.
The skinny of it is that they're almost-human monsters that usually live in woods and other such uninhabited areas. When people come by, they stalk the people, learn to mimic their voices, then eventually kill the people and wear their skin in order to pretend to be them.
And tall girls are CUTE!
It's pretty dope, but once you start playing it it's pretty clearly unfinished and likely to never be finished because the guy working on it hopped on the Towergirls train and rough with the non-mecha parts. Still, it's not bad if you improvise the rest of it.
I love that core. Shame about the reload time, but I paired it with the dual back orbit cannons and they do some work together.
Get the PS3 version so you can join our team. We could use somebody else who plays more often than me.
You can also get mission help from whoever might be online.

Wait, that's NOT Aldnoah Zero?

...shit.

I just want to clarify that I missed this week's SNFA because I just started a new job.

Yes I am turning into Penny.

Game plan tonight is to modify COUGAR2 with new weight, load cap, defense, etc. stats.

And i missed it because i slept.

Goddamn, that's 4 times in a row.

Armored Core is a series I hold pretty close to my heart, since I played it a lot in high school. , Armored Core 2 Another Age had been out for a bit when I picked up the series, and I started with 2, then moved onto the expansion. 3 and Silent Line were also games I spent an extremely long amount of time with. I missed a bunch of the other entries in the series (since I didn't have my own income at the time) and whgen I picked stuff up again, it was Nine Breaker on the PS2, which...wasn't a lot of fun,. IMO.

I let the series rest for a while after that. When I got into college, I got Formula Front on PSP, but the controls and framerate ensured I didn't spend a lot of time with it.

When AC4 came out on the Xbox 360, I was happy to pick it up...but I -hated- the changes made to the game. It didn't feel or control right, to me, and the changeup of the parts system fucked with me too (if I remember correctly). I got stuck in the campaign at some point and dropped it there and never really looked back.

I do have a question- IS it actually possible to build the title Zio Matrix AC in AC2 with the Karasawa -without- going Overweight? I never managed to do it when I was younger, and I currently don't have a PC good enough to emulate it right now.

Leos Klein's AC is overweight. But the Zio Matrix AC uses different parts.

The main Zio AC in the intro video uses a multi missile and a plasma cannon, I think, with anti-missile extensions. I think that might be overweight too, but not confirmed.

But there is also another Zio AC next to it that has a pulse cannon.

I know it's possible to recreate it in Last Raven Portable without going overweight.

They fixed the garage system (AC4 had the weight "schemeatics") for the 3 games after AC4. But it wasn't until Verdict Day that they got one that felt similar to the original. (V was a lot slower and weighty).

In both cases, the big difference between PS2 and PS3 AC is that PS3 AC is all about twitchy reaction time and desolate apocalyptic scenarios. PS2 AC was about smooth sliding around and technological dystopias.

The shift came because From Software almost went bankrupt (which is why it's called "Last" raven) and couldnt get a Dev kit for the PS3. By the time they were able to develop a new AC game for Sega (who wanted a mech/twitch shooter for the US market) most of the original team was gone and Hidetaka Miyazaki was directing the games. It was a huge company shift that they have not returned back from.

Most people who played AC4 for the first time loved it more, but it really turned a lot of fans away.

Basically, Miyazaki wanted a gundam like "barren world" dystopia epic built around atmosphere, Sega wanted a fast twitchy mech shooter that would be easy to play. The two together resulted in AC4 being dramatically different than ACLR.

ACFA had to be based on AC4's engine, so they just turned things up to 11 to try and balance PvP and make it more of an online game.

ACV was the first chance they had to "return to form" but by then Dark Souls had gotten popular and their new publisher, Bandai Namco, wanted ACV to be more of an online game that felt like Dark Souls. So we got a REALLY rushed, buggy, laggy, poorly designed game. ACV was rushed out between Dark Souls 1 and Dark Souls 2. Consider that ACV was released only months after Dark Souls 1, meaning a huge portion of their best devs weren't even working on the game.

Verdict Day is the first armored core since Last Raven that wasn't subject to extremely rushed deadlines and huge compromises from the publishers, and it shows.

Since I returned the PS3,, SNFA has gone to hell, I think that was a signal for me.

wanna do some coop?

My internet is fucked right now, I might be able to next month though.

Highlight your text and hit ctrl+s, it does the spoilers for you.

How has it gone to hell? I hope you don't mean low attendance rates, because that's always been the case.