Daddy's Money Cars

So Veeky Forums, what is your consensus on people with cars their parents gave them? Does it even matter if the car was bought with daddy's money?

Spoiled brats who talk shit as if they earned it

I cannot say I care. Some people have better opportunities than others.

I get annoyed by the ones who rub that in other people's faces, but at the end of the day, I don't care. They don't pay my bills.

So it goes.

Who fucking cares? It's not as if it has any impact on my life whatsoever. It's not like I could've bought that car if they didn't have it, and them having a nice car doesn't make my car any less nice. If you get mad every time someone has a nicer thing than you, you're gonna spend a hell of a lot of time being mad.

daddys money confirmed

Spoiled little shit spotted

My shitbox is a hand me down since my pops keeps buying shitty cars and he doesn't have the time to drive em.
It's currently leaking power steering fluid.
Currently broke as fuck and working for a better shitbox.

I think there's a difference between inheriting your mothers corolla and being bought a brand new 'luxury' car off the lot

also poorfags jelous tears

I've been working 40 hour weeks since I was 18 and drive a 20 year old FWD shitbox with almost 200,000 miles, but stay salty if you want to.

this.
/thread

This
>dad handed them the old family Accord
Who fucking cares, he only saved $1,200 over buying it himself.
>dad gets him a charger
He's a lucky cunt but I still don't care. I have shitboxes to refurbish and a 2013 shoebox to keep running and I can't do either worrying about some car that ain't even mine.

Does the 2001 Chevy Malibu I got when I was 16 count as a daddy's money car?

I live with one of those.
She's got her head so far up her arse it just isn't funny.
The 08 cooper is a seriously neglected fashion accessory.
Probably shouldn't be on the road either, the way she drives.

My dad gave me his fucked old sv6 commodore when he bought a new clubsport, does that count?

Were you 16 in 2001?

Obviously he wasnt, no one that old would be on Veeky Forums

tfw im 20 and I own a car about 3 times more expensive than my friends/others my age and therefore constantly get falsely accused of daddys money
anyone else has had this such problem?
dumb cunts don't realize they must work hard for the nicer things in life

Poorfag here. Buying my car made me feel great, something richkidfags will never experience. But at the end of the day, that's really it. They have a Mercedes, I have a shitbox.

I got a camry for free because my grandma can't see well enough to drive anymore. It's a nice reliable dd and it let me spend my money on a more fun less, less practical car.

It had 120,000 miles on it when he gave it to me. It was a great first car.

I have this problem sometimes
>user how much did your parents pay for your 2015 car?
Fuck you mean bruh my name is the one on the contract
>yeah but how much did they put down to help you?
Nothing
>but you're only 23 how can you afford to finance a new car?
I have a decent paying job and I wanted it as a commuter

Some people's children. People also don't believe I have my own home. If you invest your money wisely opportunity comes knockin. Stay humble mates

Who gives a shit? I doubt no one ITT would turn down a free $20-30,000 car. And the ones that would are lying.

Yeah, except the vast majority of people on this board weren't handed 20-30k cars, most were probably handed down 0-8k dollar cars or paid for it themselves, you spoiled bitch

I get shit from people occasionally because my grandfather died last year and left quite a large inheritance, so I bought a 2015 model car and have a very large deposit for a house.

Like it is my fault that someone died. He even talked to me before he died and told me to disregard what anyone says and do with the money as I please.

Brother's fiancée spending it on horse riding and other stupid shit yet I'm the crazy one for buying a decent car when my old one that I bought with my own money was beyond reasonable fixing.

My mom got back 12$K from backed taxes when I was 18 and she tried to hand me 2$K to buy a car. Her excuse was she wanted to give me something nice since we were so poor. (Living on welfare in a trailer park) I promptly told her no and that I wanted to earn my own money to buy my own car. Not long after that I bought my first vehicle. My mom was so fucking proud of me. It felt good too. Every car I have owned I have bought myself. I have never been sponsored by mom or dad

at 20 i was handed a shitbox 78 firebird. Wouldnt pass smog due to a lot of engine leaks..

It now has a new rebuilt engine and susupension paid for by me. I get accused of inheriting this restored car.. FML

The difference between schnookums driving around daddy's money, and poor fag driving a shit box is that one will remain an idiot while the other will be forced to educate themselves by necessity.

Schnookums has no concept of real responsibility, so schnookums is going to drive their "luxury" warbucks mobile into the ground, or just plain wreck it while on a spoiled brat bender.

Poor fag is going to gain a new concept of responsibility and pride in fixing their vehicle and keeping it alive. That or they might wreck it while on an alcoholic bender.

I see this logic a lot. I'm wicked poor dude. My first car I got at 25 and I took out a student loan to get it. besides my mom, I have no family. I feel like I'm kind of a unique circumstance.

I just have trouble getting behind this mentality. I mean today I went into the mechanic shop and I saw two skinny white kids getting a fart cannon installed onto their mitsubishi lancer. Like they're paying money so someone can do one of the easiest installs meanwhile I need to get a couple flanges welded onto my resonator and I don't have the money for the repair, or the tools or know how to weld it myself.

But the thing is, it doesn't make their lancer any less real, or any less nicer than my '06 grand prix.

In fact I'm incredibly jealous of them. it isn't like I can go around with a badge saying "hurr durr I worked harder for this so give me a blowjob because you don't know meh struggles hurr durr."

I mean they get to drive around stress free in a nicer car than me. Ain't nothing I can do about it.

Also, since having my car I've done a lot of wrenching on it. My dad is died, not that I knew him before he died, but it would be cool to have my pops be proud of me for working on my shit and fixing things myself. but again, I can't go around with some sign saying how hard my life has been and expecting people to pat me on the back for it.

The truth is nobody cares if your life is hard. They only care about the shiny things they own. All of this rich people hate is just jealousy and frustration.

Perfect example of this was that show Chrisley Knows Best where he gave his daughter a C350 coupe and she caused 15k in damage and thought she could get her car back as soon as it was fixed

>implying I got a free car

my first car was a $800 nissan nx that was half rusted out, lol

if my grandma offered to buy me a $24,000 wrx/civic si i would've taken it in a heartbeat. shit, i probably would've been happy with a nice reliable 5-10 year old camry to sling pizzas in and not complained

I have no problem with it at all. I wish my parents would buy me my own car but mine have always been fully self funded. But if someone brags about the car their parents bought them I just bring up that I worked for mine. Idk why but nowadays it's almost like the poorer you were as a kid the cooler you were. Even though it's the opposite. I go to an expensive private college and grew up in the city poor af and its like these people can't comprehend being poor. Being poor sucks

>So Veeky Forums, what is your consensus on people with cars their parents gave them?
They're spoiled.

Yeah, but who is going to get more pussy as a teenager?

I'd rather be schnookums any day of the week, bro.

Because now people see how much work goes into affording things.

>grew up getting picked on because my parents could only afford shoes and clothes from k mart for me
>finally can buy myself adidas and nike sneakers
>literally nobody cares
>in fact people say they're "overpriced"

>wanting golddiggers
Kek. They love your money, not you.

Get in where you fit in breh

If you honestly think a bro buying a cheap project sporty/muscle car and working on it in front of women doesn't get him mad puss, then you don't know shit about American car or sex culture.

who cares?

>Poorfag retards confirmed

You are poor because you are stupid. Your parents were poor because they were stupid. That's why they never bought you anything nice. Enjoy being poor, stupid, and unloved, you stupid fucking poorfags.

The best part of this is that with your spiteful, frogposting attitude you are never going to improve your position and will instead be poor as fuck for eternity. kek

we're poor because of bad lucky and tragedy user.

My dad offered me a car they bought a few years before I was born to fix up around when I was 17. I was fucking excited to have something of my own. I drove my moms car while I fixed it but had to pay my own insurance ($200/mo at 18yo while barely making 500 a month). I was even happier that I got to drive her car when she got a new one. Eventually my younger brother 'needed' to drive and I got kicked out of her car. Mid summer and I needed to drive 40 miles 5x a week for school coming fall. well fuck you too mom I fixed dad's shitty old car and bought another for $1k to fix up. they were divorced btw

Basically I spent 7 hours at work one day 7 hours outside fixing shit in 100F weather the next, then back to work next time. My dad's car got fixed after I replaced nearly everything one paycheck at a time.

My mom paid for my younger brothers gas bills all the time. I was stuck paying everything on my own while going to college. 15-20 hours work and 15 hours of enrollment classes. Once I fixed my $1k car my dad's main car broke so I told him just keep the one he offered me that I already fixed.

I was still driving that $1k shitbox when I had enough saved up for a down payment. My dad said he'd cosign for me if I found a really good deal. Ended up financing a lightly used car with only 10k miles on it. I still pay all my own bills and I'm about to graduate this spring working part time.

Meanwhile my mom just sold her old car I used to drive for a bit and bought my brother some brand new mazda she's going to pay for in full. She's asking nothing of him except stay in school.

I don't really like talking to my mom anymore, or my brother. At least I know my hard work is going to pay off

>tfw stem degree hell almost over

That's not true. You're poor because you haven't fixed your shit and stopped being poor yet. Instead you sit here going "woe is me, I was born to poorfags, I guess I'm fucked forever lol" and then don't bother trying to make money. You probably have stupid poorfag beliefs and tendencies and will thus always be poor.

but thats completely untrue

Post why you're poor. If it's anything less than the following, it's your fault:
>Muggers killed my parents, who were not poor. I then developed a hereditary condition which leaves me unable to work. The state in which I live does not provide enough social assistance for me to invest the extra money into some means of increasing my wealth. I have no remaining family.

If your story is anything less than that then you are poor because you're stupid.

dead parents, family income of 14k, currently in college

If you majored in something that is going to get you a good job, then you are currently poor but possibly not stupid. If you fail to get that job, or majored in Medieval Women's Basketweaving Studies or something, then you are still poor because you are stupid.

I should have noted that there is an exception for poorfags who are currently in education, under certain circumstances.

man you're pretty deluded.

Maybe, but at least I'm not poor :^)

i dont understand how that makes you better

I got my parent's 2000 LS400 this year because neither of them are particularly interested in taking good care of it anymore and it beats the hell out of buying a Tercel or some shit and driving that for the next 15 years.

I am a trust fund kid AMA

Would you rather be poor or not poor?

Poor people waste all their time thinking about money and being poor and doing poorfag things like running everywhere in a hurry and budgeting every cent (or alternatively being mindless hedonists who can't afford anything they like). They suffer as a result.

I'd rather not be you

kek

The feeling is mutual m8.
You probably would rather be me though if you had an actual choice between being yourself with no money, debt, dead parents and a low IQ, and not being any of those things.

you dont really have proof that these are negatives
>debt
huh

You're right, dead parents and not being able to fix your car are both major positives.

its all a matter of perspective my inexperienced friend

I don't have a problem with daddy's money cars, IF the person maintains them.

My friend got a 2012 accord with daddy's money. Did not change the oil ONCE in 90k+ miles. Completely tarnished the engine.

Then his parents paid to put a new engine in it. I want to fucking die. I have another friend who owns a 2015 charger with trust fund money, I can't say a single bad thing about him because at least he gets oil changes and works on his car to keep it in tip top shape.

Basically you need to maintain your shit. People who don't maintain their shit are subconsciously showing how ungrateful they are.

The daddies girls at my uni all have audi a1's and mercedes a-class

> :v)
This is a new level of irony m8
dank AF

Can you give me a jov hommie

All these poors trying to reason that not getting 40k is a bad thing fucking lol

I dont care if its a shitbox because my mom bought me my truck. Been DD'ing it for 8.5 years now. '98 reg cab Tacoma 4x4 4cyl manual

>tfw she wants me to title and register in my name now so I have to actually get it to pass smog

Are you jewish? You tick all of the boxes

-egotistical
-shortsighted
-autistic
-bragging about money

That or you're just a run of the mill retard, not sure which

yeah i have no idea on where I should invest though (yet)

No, Jews are a cancer. If you think those four things define Jews then it's only because you're so poor you never have to interact with them.

>"ur retarded lol"

Noted. You have showed me the true path, I'm going to go dump all my bonds n 'shieeet and start living in a hovel. 420 blaze it nigga.

You're an idiot, but at least you're not jewish. You have a very jew mindset, however.

i mean
nice houses are useless

If it's a shitbox, who cares? Their parents probably gave them the car as an excuse to upgrade.

What I don't get is daddy's money mercs and BMW's.

>tfw daddys money new mercedes

I want a CLS63 so fucking bad tho tryna get that next

>tfw dad sold me his accord when I needed a car
I keep that car in top shape so he realizes I appreciate him selling me his car under the KBB value. At the end of the day, I think it all depends on the person and how they appreciate the gift.

Agreed. A person getting something nice doesn't upset me, it's how they reciprocate their feelings that does. i.e. how they value or care for their gift.

I actually get more mad at the idea of poor kids who get bought cheap vehicles by their parents scraping together the money, only for said kid to thrash it because "it's a shitbox". A rich parent can just throw more money at it. Poor parents make sacrifices to make their kids more comfortable and they don't care because it isn't flashy. I see this often with girls and boys to a lesser degree it makes my blood boil.

>selling your vehicle to your kids
I'm not saying your dad is wrong but always imagined if I ever became a dad, as long as my kid wasn't a total shithead and money wasn't ridiculously tight I would gladly hand down my vehicle to them.

Do you ever wish that he did or was it something that didn't phase you? I ask because my mom handed down her car (03 taurus) while her brother made his son pay for his old car. We were both good kids.

To be fair, he gave me the car so I could go to college. Since I was a finance major, he decided it was a good learning experience of what it's like to make payments and that nothing comes free. Don't get me wrong, he sold it to me dirt cheap, but I still paid $3000 to him over a year to show him I wasn't completely shit with money.
Basically, he did it more for my sake then his. I wish I got it for free, but it's all done now, so nothing I can do.

>Does it even matter if the car was bought with daddy's money
Not really. The sort of fellow that gets mad tends to be a jealous, generally detestable cunt who finds something wrong with anything nice that they don't have.

>"Daddy's money! You don't DESERVE it!"
>"A fast car? Compensating! Small dick!"
>"Luxury? It's an appliance! You could've had a Corolla and donated the rest to starving African kids!"

faggot douchebags will find a reason to hate every single kind of car

you forgot

>Hackback? Nice manchildren/women's car!
>Convertible? Small dick midlife crisis lmao!
>Truck? LOLOLOL SMALL PENIS
>European car? What are you a fucking faggot?
>American car? What are you a retarded faggot?
>Japanese car? What are you a weeb faggot?
>Luxury? What are you a nigger?
>A sedan? What are you a boring faggot? Should've gotten a musclecar

Does it count as daddy's money if you only have your job because your dad knows the business owner?

>tfw unlikable, asocial, dispassionate, ugly autist and literally can't work or be hired for any other reason

I only really mind if it's something new or vastly expensive for a first car. Hand me down shitboxes for less than $3k are more like a loan than a gift, mainly because they constantly seem to need repairs and wind up fairly expensive anyway.

I'm driving a car my parents bought me until I finish uni.
It's not a fancy BMW or something, and I don't claim to anybody that I actually own it. I'm just lucky that they're willing and able to spot me until I can afford to buy my own

As long as they're a safe driver I don't give a shit.

it makes me mad because i'm jealous of them. i wish my trash dad would buy me a car

>developed a hereditary condition

My dad gave me his back-up work "truck" when I was 14 because I needed to move around a lot while both my parents worked. It was a huge piece of shit but I loved it, learned to work on it, and it got me where I needed to go. That was the only vehicle they got for me.

I don't give a shit if someone's parents bought them something nice, nor do I walk around with a huge ass chip on my shoulder because of something that effects me in, literally, no way. I mean if someone's an asshole with/about it then yeah call em out on it. But I'm not gonna dis someone because their parents wanted to do something for them.

>dding 98 tacoma for 8.5 years
>tacoma bought in 2008
>10 year old truck back then mom probably paid 15,000$ for it
>driving a truck for almost a decade in your parents name
confirmed spoiled mommy bitch boy

>parents love you and buy you a graduation gift because you were a good boy
>NEETs get triggered on Veeky Forums

>paid for car himself
>NEET

one of these things is not like the other, user

My daddy bought me a new bimmer, yall just jelly.

It is possible to be a NEET and get a government allowance dumbass. Have you not heard of losers on Veeky Forums spending their autismbux on a miata?

i wish i could crush every lifted ram covered in monster energy logos

>my dad is a contractor

More like my mind can fathom the amount of fuckery behind that, bunch of fucking leeches

my son will get $7500 to buy a first car
on the condition that it never gets to go to a mechanic unless it's on his dime
He can fix it himself or with my help for complex shit
I think this is a good way to offset the entitlement that happens when your parents buy you an actually decent first car

>forcing your wife's son to pick up the same hobbies as you
You sound like a terrible stepdad

Why are poorfags always so salty?

Sounds pretty autistic tbqh. Just drive something cool and teach him to like cars when he's young. It'll stick with him throughout life.

As long as you don't raise a daughter who forces you to sell your dream car because she's on her third car before she's even turned 18, you're fine

>$7500
thats alot

Dad bought me my 04' Sorento for like three grand only because there were no other cars I could use and it was kind of essential that I had my own vehicle so it was more out of necessity than being spoiled. Call me a faggot, but now I'm looking into buying my own because I'm a fucker who wants something cooler and fayst, father is generous enough to let me have the money for selling the Sorento towards my next car.

Daddy's money here, i can share my faggot perspective/experience on the whole thing since i was right in the heart of it. pic related

The high school I just graduated from is all attended by super rich kids essentially. The average car in the student parking lot costs more than the most American family brings home before taxes. 90% German vehicles with 50% being those horrible cross overs like the BMW X3 or MB GLK 350 since girls loved them cause "cute and practical". Most of the kids there did not give a flying fuck about the actual performance of the car, just the looks since it was all about showing how much money you parents made.

Now there were a few kids that were into cars. They had the typical pleb e92 M3, C63 S, S4, and a few S6/S7s. What pissed me off the most wasn't that they had super nice cars, it was the fact that when i tried to talk to them about older cars or cheaper cars like a fox body mustang or a EP3 type R they would say those cars are complete shit and for poor fags....If it wasn't a super nice car the screamed money, they automatically saw it as shit.

For me, i could care less what you drive since i like almost all cars to me are pretty cool works of engineering. All i care is if you like cars since people like us are few and far between.

Some of you hit me right in the feels man...thought we were all bro's here

I personally begged my parents to get me one and they got me a brand new shiny Mazda 3 , yeah I didnt pay for it but jokes on you I won't have cash for a car when I'm a struggling young adult right out of uni

>giving your dad back his fixed car when he needed it

I salute you user.