Has Veeky Forums ever been stopped by the police or arrested?

Has Veeky Forums ever been stopped by the police or arrested?

>speeding when i was 22
>arrested when i was 26 for not signaling and smoking the devil's lettuce and driving (impaired driving, possession of marijuana)
>5 parking tickets (expired meters)

Other urls found in this thread:

mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2012/10/traffic_talk_when_and_where_ar.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm 28 and just got 2 parking tickets in my life. Including one in NYC even though I'm an eurofag.

Had a bolo on my plates for about a week before local PD finally spotted me out driving. I took a jug handle and wound up at a traffic light next to a turn lane with 3 PD cruisers in it.

>17 years old, stopped for no license plate light. Dad (city councilman) was in the truck with me and chewed out the cop for unnecessary stops of teenagers, no ticket.
>19 years old, stopped for speeding by county cop on way to work, no ticket.
>20 years old, stopped for speeding by Indiana State Police trooper, no ticket.
>26 years old, stopped by Santa Monica PD for illegal u-turn in a business district, $240 ticket + a point on my license or $300 for traffic school, due in Sept.

Michigan (where I used to live and learned to drive) has like no u-turn restrictions so I was pretty pissed that I got a ticket for an illegal u-turn.

>Michigan (where I used to live and learned to drive) has like no u-turn restrictions so I was pretty pissed that I got a ticket for an illegal u-turn

it does? I've lived in Novi my whole live and never knew that. So i can just do a U turn wherever i want?

As long as you obey all traffic signs and don't fuck with the flow of traffic, you can pretty much u-turn anywhere.

mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2012/10/traffic_talk_when_and_where_ar.html

only been driving for 5 years and no moving violations or pull-overs, only speed camera + 2 parking tickets.

That's pretty cool, never knew that.

Jesus fuck, for just an illegal u turn? I got pulled over for doing 130 out on 190 west and they only gave me a warning. Probably only because fucking no one lives out in hill country though.

nyc parking laws are fucking retarded, i once got ticket for parking rear-first in a "head-in" parking spot. like why is that even a fucking thing?

>stopped by the police
>speeding when i was 22
On roads that chronically have speeders, they may install unmanned photo cameras. They take pictures of both front and rear license plates and also record video when it senses cars on the roadway. Many of our major insection traffic lights have cameras to catch people running the yellow light. Yellow means slow down and stop whereas red (with you in the intersection) means you are too late and should have stopped before then. No police needed. You get the speeding ticket or running red light ticket in the mail. Same with toll road or trespassing fines. Drive your car where you are not supposed to - fine.

I've seen the strobe lights start flashing as when the cars are in the intersection during the 2nd half of the yellow light. So apparently the very beginning of the yellow light is still safe, but the 2nd half of the yellow light is unsafe to be in the intersection. I still think slamming on the brakes at a yellow means cars behind me might hit me.

I think more and more unmanned cameras will be used as time goes on. One day, all the smart cars will broadcast (when queried) their digital identification code to the speeding or trespassing cameras. That will be one more way fake tabs are caught. Uninsured cars can be automatically caught and ticketed too once the privacy law is relaxed.

>18 years old, stopped for speeding (78 in a 65) was driving from one arcade to another to see some friends, guess I was a little excited to see them
>19 years old, stopped for speeding (88 in a 70) racing down highway, cop was hiding behind an overpass bridge, luckily I saw his nose and smashed the brake and he caught me mid brake smash, other guy had radar
>19 years old, stopped for speeding (44 in a 35) got a warning, coming home from something to go study for finals
>21 years old, stopped for speeding (42 in a 35) cop was a fucking dick. came up to my window like I was trying to murder someone. No, cockweasel, I was just finished descending a 30* slope in a RENTAL COROLLA.
>22 years old, stopped for speeding (70 in a 55) was rushing trying to get back to work on time, paid the price (literally)
>22 years old, stopped for speeding (55 in a 45) trying to rush to a pharmacy for some meds (luckily got off with a warning)

I have a lead foot.

>44 in a 35
>42 in a 35
>55 in a 45

where the fuck do you live with such asshole cops?

theres a 35mph limit on a main road near me and often times cars are doing 50+ with no problem

mine was because, and I shit you not, my parking meter was expired for 3min40secs. 65$.

>$300 for traffic school, due in Sept.
By far your cheapest alternative. Avoids your insurance rates going up. Plus, if you have state farm (and others) you get additional discounts cumulatively added for clean driving records and no claims every year.

>lots of speeding tickets, 100% highway, had my license suspended for half a year.
>bullshit like 10 over in the HOV lane.
>accelerating away from a seemingly drunk driver, ended up getting pulled for 12 over as drunkie passed me a few minutes later
>19th birthday, going to drive a family friends DeLorean, 104 in an 85, on a toll road with literally no one on it.
>stopped but no ticket for """fishtailing""" my Miata
>almost arrested for driving high, but I wasn't driving. I was sitting in my car smoking, outside my house, listening to NPR in the dead of winter. Thankfully the officer understood, and let me go, he probably didn't want to ruin my life because I wanted to listen to radio while getting high.

Got pulled over and let off with a warning. The officer said it sounded like I was going fast.

>mine was because, and I shit you not, my parking meter was expired for 3min40secs.

What's neat about our digital meters is that they instantly phone home when the meter expires. The parking enforcement cops have tablet PC on which are displayed the blinking lights of all expired meters with cars next to them.

It makes giving tickets much much faster because now the cops don't need to even look at the meters. They just move to the next closest spot on their tablet. Super fast ticketing.

>parking ticket getting some poutine, parked with my drunk girlfriend in a no parking zone, she wanted to fight the cop, probably could have got off with a warning if she shut her mouth. got 20 dollars off my ticket.
>parking ticket for being parked in faculty only parking on campus
>arrested for real when I was 17 for throwing a bottle over an overpass, but that isn't Veeky Forums related really

Surprisingly enough I have gone over 110 mph on the thruway, over 100mph on the parkway, and generally don't drive under 80 on the high way, and go 50 in 35's regularly and have never received a speeding ticket.

pretty nice driving a sleeper.

>, I was just finished descending a 30* slope in a RENTAL COROLLA.
Cops that wait at the bottom of hills to catch "speeders" belong in the lowest circle of hell. It's basically entrapment.

>parking ticket for getting poutine

I guess thats the price you gotta pay for free health care

The parking garage at our airport is the same way. Under each parking spot is a sensor. If the money is not paid for that spot, someone comes to give a ticket. The best part is the sensor knows when someone leaves and resets the parking timer. So you cannot simply dart into a space someone pulled out and hope they still have time left on their meter. The meter has reset itself for the next car.....

Lel

Been stopped for a broken brake light but the rozzers put in a spare, the police have fuck all to do in the highlands.
Got stopped driving out of Edinburgh airport after dropping my boss off, they didnt think I could afford the RS6 I was driving, which was true, it belonged to my boss, they took my phone and called him to make sure I had permission to drive it on the company insurance policy then ran some checks. Clearly its more of a priority than looking out for ahmeds.

>I guess thats the price you gotta pay for free health care

It's not free unless you are basically destitute. If you have income, then you will have to pay something. And many things are not covered with the so-called "free" version. And many doctors don't accept it. They avoid the legal requirement by saying they are "full" but will accept new patients with referrals from another doctor they trust. So the system is still fairly broken as doctors and HMO and lawyers supporting doctors trying to scam the system figure out ways to game the system. It's the gaming of the system that really jacks the cost up with no benefits for the consumer. It makes for rich doctors and lawyers though.

Stopped when I was 16 as I had a mate on the back of my DT125X, and the police thought it was two kids riding on a moped, which is not legal.

Stopped at the age of 18 with two mates in my friends old Mercedes. Unmarked X-Trail pulled up behind us, had us stop and then they asked us who we were, if we had ID, where we were going, who we were staying with and so on, and also if they could do a quick check of the vehicle. They found nothing, thanked us for the cooperation and left.

>practicing parking with my dad before driver test
>cop pulls up
>"what are you doing?"
>"practicing parking" committing treason, better arrest me you dumb bitch
>"okay because we've had people doing donuts on the field around here
>tires and paint have no mud or grass whatsoever
>"okay officer we'll be leaving now"

Austin, Texas
Liberal central

my only two tickets have been 45 in 40

god bless Texas and the small shit towns that use speeding tickets as income

cough SCHERTZ AND SELMA

They're everywhere.

Places like Windcrest in San Antonio and Pantego in DFW are essentially driving mini games.

Can you manage to drive on the streets lined with waiting police Suburbans without getting a 10% speeding, rolling stop, or no blinker ticket? It's like taking the driver's ed test all over again. It's not about keeping the peace or maintaining road safety but catching you on technicalities to pay for their gas.

p much. Between San Antonio and Austin is hell. I never had a problem between Austin and Houston, or Austin and DFW area. Mostly just Selma and Schertz.