Race trok discussion

What do the br/o/s think of sport trucks? Shit like the srt ram the ford lightning the gmc syclone? I think they're pretty fucking cool tbqfh. Trucks that can be used as a light duty truck but still able to be fairly quick. Honest thoughts?

you forgot to say no homo

Out of all of those i only like the ford lightning

the shape is just so pretty, and the sidestep bed makes it even sexier.

I'd get one but i'd be a little worried of dailying an old eaton supercharged truck.

>n-n-no h-homo

They're alright. Fast in a straight line but big, heavy, lolcantturn and they have fuckall towing/hauling capacity. Kinda pointless IMO desu

yeah, you're right

they're completely useless and actually aren't that fast.

they're great for doing burnouts and fucking around though. and that sound.

I always thought that with barely any weight over the ass end they are spin out queens and always on the verge of kicking out from under you.

Ive been wanting to get something like pic related and do a turbo set up. My dads friend had a turbo'd yukon that I rode in once when i was like 12 and I fell in love. Not sure its really what youre talking about though

This, a race truck is an oxymoron. If you wanna race, get a ricer car. If you want hauling/towing capacity, get a truck. You can't have both.

Sport trucks are for racing just as much as ricer cars are. Both are useless for racing. Sport trucks are 10 times more useful and cooler than an integra.

I feel like sports trucks are only subpar in the track environment where racing around corners needing a low center of gravity is highly useful for being "fast". In the real world though I think sports trucks are fine. Nobody really street races around city blocks in circuits only down straightaways from red lights or whatever. However it does have a downside since you have the arrow dynamics of a brick. Still fucking cool though since you never see very many of them. My friends dad has an old chevy with a 454 in it that runs like 13s in the quarter and it's cool as shit

AutoXatruck would like a word.

Possibly more practical thana lifted bro truck.

But here on Veeky Forums we'llhate you for lifting, hate you for lowering, hate you for being stock, hate you for making power.

And don't forget the daddy of all rice trucks the xrunner

My pops had a 2005 (or 2006) Silverado SS. It was pretty fun and quick truck and it also got me into sporty pickups. Sucks that we couldn't keep it for long due to harsh gas prices.

but I personally prefer the Ford SVT Lightning over the Silvy though.

OP here and yeah that's what I'm talking about. Like a mix of truck/suv and sports car

But they are not more practical than a bro truck. Despite the extra power over a normal model, the suspension and gearing on sport trucks are designed for going fast on the road not carrying people/things or going off pavement. That's why you get sedan tier payload and towing capacities (800 lb payload on a lightning, 1000 lb towing on a syclone for a couple examples). Whereas even the stupdest mall crawlers can carry 4 fat faggots and their shit to an apartment across town.

There's some GMC Typhoons that you might like.

Are talking about racing the trucks in motorsport or just a sport truck for the street?

> Sport
> Truck
Pick one, unless that sport is rolling over.

>daddy of all rice trucks
>the xrunner

Summerfag detected.

It's easy to tell that you weren't alive for most of the '90s. People have been ricing up trucks since at least the '80s.

can't forget dodge's precursor to the srt10

Pic related
HSV MALOO
400KW supercharged 6.2 V8
(Something like 480hp for you seppos)
Straya cunt

Just a sport truck for the street desu

The new dodge ram RT has like a 1300 payload cap and a 5000 towing cap. New sports trucks have the ability to actually be used to be trucks. The older ones such as the lightning or syclone not so much

but then you have to live in Australia

>Precursor to the SRT10
>Is an SUV
>Not a Viper drivetrain
>Not even a V10
If anything was a precursor to the SRT10 Ram it was this SS/T ram, even then it only had a 360

Forgot pic

You can get them in the UK, but they're not selling them after next year which is a shame
I've never, ever seen one though, just the non-ute saloon that's based off the same platform

this would literally be the perfect car for the american enthusiast bogan teenager
these would be pretty popular if we didnt have laws against it

>if we didnt have laws against it

It's illegal to make a new el camino?

Safety regulation bullshit. It would have to be classified as a car so it has harder regulations thus no one makes them in America. Trucks are not regulated as harshly.

If you want a fast truck and also want it to do truck stuff just get a diesel. Straight line speed obviously

if you want a fast SUV just get early 2000's Yukon with the 6.0, turbo it, and tune it
im not sure if they made a Yukon that wasnt 4x4, but you can make it rwd with tahoe parts

they literally made a saleen explorer that looked similar to this
somebody on Veeky Forums owns one actually. i wish he would have fixed it instead of let it sit

>Bongs and Aussies have a more American vehicle than the seppos themselves

The 5.7 Hemi has good potential, especially with the 8 speed trans. You can actually crack into the 12s with bolt ons and drag radials.

theres an ss/t for sale near me but its an extended cab 4x4
i wish it was a rwd regular cab

>cab
I didn't think they did SS/Ts in 4x4

Actually I thought they were only RCSB 2wd

it was a massive rustbucket right?

i think i remember

Really? What kind of mods?
But if that's true that's really impressive desu. I didn't expect that.

Long tube header, cut out, air intake, ported throttlebody, custom tune. Gears too unless you got the 3.92s from the factory.

>>I've always had a weird bone for sport trucks.

I'm currently collecting 5.3 parts to swap into my zq8 s10 this winter.

Yeah, they're alot easier to show everyone your wife fucks black guys in seedy motels on the weekend then a black spade tattoo on her ankle.

Yep

The guy I bought it from let his wife use it as a winter beater. By the time I got it, there wasn't anything left to save.

Looking back, I should have just gone down south and bought a nice rust free white one and made a clone.

Remember though, these were just 5.0 AWD Explorers with a body kit (expect for the few v6's that were made). The only performance parts were bilstein shocks, bigger swaybars, and it was lowered 2". There was an optional powerdyne you could get.

fuck off we're full

You must drive a bmw

Shame there's just barely any market for things like that here. The perfect substitute for people like me who want a ute but can't get a ute cause utes can't ute in the USA.

Miss my mk2 lightnin'.. she was so purdy in black. Had the 4v heads off of a navigator, a kenne bell 2.3 litre twin screw super charger and a bunch of other goodies. Damn.

Ferrari, Gm's bitch since '91. Still have to use GM's suspension technology to this day, sad.

Follow ur dreams

Holy fuck that's some rust

I tell you what I don't drive, the bull to my wife.

Looks good from afar.

I'll stick with mine

Tbh I kinda wanna get a new 2016 ram 1500 with the hemi and 8 spd rwd. I wanna make it a sports truck

>temperatures above, say, 75 degrees, cause significant power losses

Like pic related

What do y'all think about the Honda Ridgeline

Sport truck?
They are supposed to be sporty?
Remind me again why America does not have utes if those stupid cars are a thing that sells well?

they're pretty good looking trucks.

A sport truck is a truck, that they tried to make sporty. It is not a station wagon(based on a car) with the back cut off, and made sporty. That being said holy shit I would do so much to be able to buy a Ute in the us. But a Ute isn't a truck, just the best of both worlds, like a mullet

You obviously aren't married you fucking child

They just have the large engine automatically selected, some crazy alloy wheels, 2wd only usually, lowered a bit, and with a leather interior

>ctrl+f
>no r/t

Which you would think there would be a market for in America, its not like you ever see a flatbed tray on a "pickup" like pic related.

Only thing they seem to be good for is carrying things like dirt bikes around which is what utes were designed for, glorified dirt bike trailers.

Yeah I love the idea of a race truck

A RWD "ute" would be useless anywhere with snow, which is most of America.

where is that guy?

What about a diesel? They can be quick and still tow.

youtube.com/watch?v=59ltea2EPxc

You're right they can be fast as hell with just a tune but i don't have the funds for a deezul. Especially where I live. Central Texas where the resale value of a diesel truck is about kbb +8000. Not even playing