Can someone explain why companies use fwd?

Can someone explain why companies use fwd?
There's no reason, especially since they put driveshafts in most popular cars (crossover) now

I don't know too much about FWD cars, but if I had to guess, it's because they use a smaller engine (e.g. I4). Because of a smaller engine, they are able to reduce the engine bay, therefore making the car smaller, more fuel efficient, and more safe.

But again, I don't know squat about them, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

my fwd has a v8

Because it's cheaper and faster to produce. Also it's harder to crash a FWD car while being a hoon tard.

Only reasons

I have been gone for MONTHS and not only is this shit still going on, you idiots still don't realize it's one of the board's resident shitposters and not somebody actually asking a question?

FWD drive is fine if you only need a car to go from A to B.

FWD is the superior format for appliance cars.

i.e. for the 95 percent of the population that just wants to go from A to B.

FWD cars are better in wet weather, making them safer for the average idiot. All the weight is on the front wheels, keeping the car planted. It also lessens the effect of weight transfer.

FWD is also easier to assemble and is cheaper. You can build the entire front drivetrain, and simply drop the body onto the engine and wheels, and boom, you've got a car. (An excellent example is from Mighty Mods, where they basically body swap that little Daihatsu thing for their show car. Look at how the engine fits into the body.)

RWD does have it's advantages, but those advantages are quickly snuffed out when you realize that everyone except for you, me, Veeky Forums, and a few internet enclaves does not give a fuck about "muh driving feel", "muh handlin characteristics" or "muh dorifuto". They're more concerned about their monthly payment and if the car has an aux port.

Please don't feed the autist with replies, especially genuine ones.

rwd is still superior for performance though

The meme will never die until Milhouse finally
becomes a meme.

>meme
He's right though, fwd is shit

FWD can drift
FWD can perform
FWD can handle
FWD can be fun.
Stop it with your b8

>corey is in fact a living meme

It all makes sense, that's why he never stops.

Stay delusional

Cheap to manufacture, easy to handle in shit road conditions that make normal driving into driving at the limit.

Commuter roads are packed with lanes. You don't want people oversteering even if they can control it. You want people understeering and then correcting it, or avoiding it entirely, by slowing down.

I wouldn't take FF to the track unless I wanted to destroy the ego of some tard with a really slow sub-200hp "muscle" car.

b8

The truth is bait now?

Oh right, this is the initial D board. A winter of constant drifting is like your wet dream.

This will be the second time I have posted this in this thread: DO NOT FEED THE AUTIST WITH REPLIES

You think ff has no performance

The equivalent FR, MR, or RR car will always handle better and accelerate faster on a flat track. Sorry about your civic type R m8o. I'm sure it beats a crappy muscle car or two, honest.

I'm the 11th new IP in this thread

Dude, just stop feeding him. This is the shitposter, he wants nothing more than replies he can make more garbage posts in response to. Especially well though out, genuine replies. He loves those.

Everyone is the shitposter. This is Veeky Forums.

This is b8.

Are you new to this board? The autist that made this thread has been here for months, posting nothing but garbage like this and a few other threads that are still up. They're not hard to recognize. Perhaps I should say "sewageposter|" to seperately categorize people like OP. He does not want discussion, debate, petty arguments, anything, he just wants to make garbage posts like he has been making, and feeds off of replies. Don't reply to him.

Go away newfag.

Wow I'm a fucking idiot, you're him. Should have realized that sooner.

No, I'm not retard. Go away

fuck off already