BMW E46

Why shouldn't I buy one, Veeky Forums?

>aside from the cooling system

Because you don't even have the capacity to post this in a general that exists.

A fair bit pricier to maintain. Parts will cost you more, premium fuel is a must, and salty poorfags might key it because they think it's expensive.

They look alright, though. If you do get one keep it clean like that.

This
Also its slower than a civic

and $40,000 cheaper.

the e46 is cheap
and you can put 87 in it.

that's not an E46 in your pic

Look closely, the Civic being in front of the BMW actually occured before the other two frames.

What we see here is an out of order sequence of a BMW overtaking a Honda.

Doesnt much matter

>slower than a civic

Yeah but when you beat a BMW in a Civic, you still have to drive home in a Civic.

At least the civic will make it home!

At least you won't have to call roadside assistance to help you get home

because you'll grow to hate it as it develops more and more unexplainable mystery dents

and then maintenance will start burning a hole in your pocket, and you'll say "well that's okay, i'm going to keep this car forever!"

and when the trim starts falling apart and popping out, and the central locking unit locks you out of your car at the mall parking lot while a thunderstorm broods overhead, you'll think "damnit, why'd my sunroof have to fail up?" as you dial the triple A towing number.

finally, you'll put it on craigslist and sell it for less than you paid for originally, cursing BMW under your breath and damning the brand. But it's okay, because Veeky Forums gave you some meme reasons to buy it, and why not, right? we're not the ones who have to live with the decision. but you're proud to drive a car that 0.09% of the population gives even a modicum of a fuck about.

you sound bitter

the truth is often bittersweet now isn't it

Bc they're garbage.

He sounds like a former owner.

is this the best y'all can do? i'm not seeing any particularly compelling arguments here

can attest to the cooling system being a cunt. women will think it's new, and if you work on it yourself it's not so expensive. don't get a 4banger though.

I have an e36, I love it. But a little DIY is needed from time to time.

I can't imagine e46 is too much different.

The one I'm looking at has 78k and the original cooling system. I'm gonna bring some documents explaining exactly why that car is on thin ice and try to talk him down at least the cost of the parts.

I daily drove a $400 E34 for two months. I'm down to DIY.

pricier to maintain than what?

Some sort of cheap 90s shitbox. Corolla, Civic, etc. If it's just a commuter there are cheaper choices, though not as nice.

becuase you get a shitload of more power out of a 135i for about the same price.

>there are cheaper choices

Of course there are, but I'm stupid and I hate money.

Doesn't look as good, though.

I know I posted an M-car, but an M is outside my budget. I found a 325 with 78k for under six grand.

Proceed without fear or regrets, user. If it was meant to be you will pull through.

Who gives a fuck? You're certainly not going to be picking up anything else other than more dick in a BMW.

Would not buy a E46 for less than 6 grand unless that thing is immaculate.

>Who gives a fuck
Personal preference. If you had choice in the matter would you pick something you liked or something with better numbers?

Something with better numbers.

Becuase I already have something I like.