What does Veeky Forums have to say about the g35 as a daily/cruiser for a college student?

What does Veeky Forums have to say about the g35 as a daily/cruiser for a college student?

If you're prepared to deal with the fuel and oil consumption, sure.

It's gud

Awesome car, get manual. If poorfag gas might suck

I'll never understand this. I'm sure it's a fine car OP, but if you're in college, money will be tight. You need a cheap piece of shit that's cheap to work on. I love my Frontier, but I didn't buy it until after college, because my VW fox was cheaper to work on with junkyard parts. I've never in 10 years of ownership seen a Frontier or decent Xterra in the yard.

Does it only come in one color? Disgusting t b h

Bit thirsty, hard to find a good coupe that hasn't been thrashed.

Cool car, used to own an 06. It was thirsty and the tires are expensive, but otherwise nothing major to report. Sucky thing is most of them are on their second or third owner by now and the demographic they tend to attract means they haven't been maintained well. Bear in mind it was a $40k car when it was new, and it will always need $40k car maintenance. Not sure what your finances look like, but when I was in school, it was ramen and mac n cheese most nights. So if you're poor like I was, then I'd say no. The old wisdom applies: get a Civic or a Corolla.

Faggot boyracer. Everyone will know you couldn't afford the g37.

I would only buy it because I work at an Infinity dealership meaning not only next to free labor but the car was probably also heavily discounted too. It's not great for your needs.

>everyone will know you didnt buy the newest highest trim model
so

>The old wisdom applies: get a Civic or a Corolla.
This. You're in college, OP. Get a boring econobox that you won't need to fuss over.

They're good, just don't pretend it's some kind of status symbol like every other asshat who owns one.

My alternative to this is a 3rd gen mr2. I figured a mid engine corolla strikes the balance between fun and reliability/affordability..

No it comes in other colors, the red is tyte

This is relevant to me, my current car is shutting the bed every three weeks and I just started at an Infiniti dealership. Should I get a two year old Nissan Altima or go for the G35, considering I get discounted labor/parts?

honestly famalamadingdong you're better off getting something cheaper, more reliable, cheaper to insure, and not as gas guzzling

I'm not even gonna tell you it needs to be a boring civic or corolla. you could look into their sportier derivatives like the RSX or celica, or something similar

I'm a broke college kid much like yourself. originally wanted a 350z but quickly came to my senses, ended up buying a toyota celica GT and I don't regret it one bit. having a car that feels nice to drive but is reliable and fuel-efficient feelsgoodman.jpg

kinda brings me back tohardest part for me is going to be finding a good one for a good price

I feel you. mr2's are sweet but keep in mind that they're one of the most dangerous cars you can buy because of their design (that is, all the weight is towards the back) and they're very prone to snap oversteer. although I hear that's not as big an issue on first gen mr2's.

anyway, that means insurance might be quite high, so you're gonna want to call your insurance company and look into that before anything