Guise I just bought the one thing every car guy knows not to buy

Guise I just bought the one thing every car guy knows not to buy
$500 runs and drives with a/c
Did I do gud?

Other urls found in this thread:

phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/5697781007.html
phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/5695656299.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Are you in the US? I mean, if it's what you want, $50 is pretty good.

Yea I live in california
I bought it to convert it to diesel

uh yeah

i'd like to have one, my cuck liberal family doesn't own any sort of truck... fucking camry, hatchback, and a civic... I drive the civic. I'd like to find a decent truck for like 500 here but it's all sketch

how do these things drive
I've only driven light fwd cars like the integra or mx3

The tires that are on it right now are rockhard worn out offroad tires that are ear ringingly loud so im not entirely sure
But the steering is suprisingly tight and sensative, has a pretty tight turn radius for how big it is

user you absolute madman

If it still runs. Don't bet on it keeping you going as a daily.
Had a couple of these boxes myself and would pray to the gods, pleading them to spare me another day without mechanical trouble.
Demolishes anything off road though. Get your moneys worth and go crazy while you can

This is the main reason im going to swap the motor out for an om617 mated to a 700r4, dont want to deal with the maintinance or mpg of the rover 3.5

The rest of the car will probably still fall apart around it, be ready.

$500 for a running car with a/c and decent paint, I say you did good user.

pic unrelated.

this is what im anticipating
There is no rust (that I can see)
But its day 1 and after getting gas for it the fuel gauge stopped working and theres the standard range rover anti rust system at work which is engine oil/trans fluid "coating" the underbody

Rustproof what you can, rewire or rip out anything electronic, you're good to go.

kinda highjacking OP's thread (sorry) but I can get this for $1900 bucks.

should I do it?

craigslist ad below. note its a POS, but i really dont mind.

"Range Rover Classic RRC SWB produced 1988-1995, recently purchased PA from a collector who owned 5-6 of these Land Rovers. This was not used for sometime so had to go through basic service and I spent over $500 (have receipt) & basic tune-up, Oil change, Fuel Pump, Ignition Coil, Distributor, Relays, Fuses, Tires Valves. Battery $100. Professionally detailed was another $125.

****Price is firm, have offers of $1750-$1800***

The tan leather interior is supple & warm in color. It is like climbing into a time machine! Turn the key and the V8 rumbles to life with its distinctive Rover burble & its slight tinniness too. Starts, idles and drives. Air suspension replaced with Coil Springs kit 3" Lift that would cost $500-$800 to replace.NO air-deflation nightmares to deal with ever!

The AWD automatic transmission shifts well into all gears. Four-wheel Lower disc brakes, power steering, Power locks, power windows(rear windows need switch cleaned, motors are fine). Press the gas and off you go for a comfy cruise. You sit high, almost with an heir of "I'm just a bit better than the commoners" position with excellent vision in all directions.

For a 23 year old car the mechanicals in good running condition, ready to restore the body & some minor electrical stuff: ABS wheel sensor, power seat switches, Radio, Blower fan after which on eBay these restored RRCs have been going in the north of teens- twenty thousand $$$. "

If you actually want it get it but be aware that they are the definition of money pit
Shit gas mileage and terrible electronics, check the the front drive shaft has been rebuilt or replaced and either bring a rover mechanic or thoroughly test drive it and have it running for at least an hour amd see what gremlins surface. I bought this one cheap and Im planning on eliminating the brit motor and german transmission for a good reason

Does it pass smog? If so polish that turd and resell it for more. Then just buy a rolling chassis if you are diesel swapping it.

It passes but I have looked at 7 of them
And this is the only one with rust and woth an owner who was terrified of driving it lol
Dude gave me $9000 in repair bills from his rover machanic
So for $500 im dieseling this thing

Without rust*

>underage /b/ detected
you have to be 18 to post here

anaon look under the suv and look and look at all 4 hubs. make sure those swivel balls look good

cool will do and I cant believe you got that for $500

seriously.

i'm 18 you fucking moron, I was born February 3rd 1998

They were replaced less than a year ago
Dude converted it to bilstein shocks and heavy duty coils along with an old man emu 3" lift, tires suck
Also new brakes and master cylinder

My old man made a pretty good living off running a business repairing these fucking things.

I grew up with them. Fuck I love them but it is the definition of a money sink hole.

They have so much style and they ride so comfortably.

My old man says the late pre injection models are so good that if they still made them he would drive one as his daily but now after all these years to much goes wrong and they are to expensive to maintain. Not to mention 18 L/100km fuel consumption.

One day I will have one.

oh good. time to move out because i did at 18 and i slept in my car. fucking privledged

In Europe, the older ones are not considered bad at all.
Its the newer ones with air suspension and retarded electronics that are unreliable.

I think in America the old ones got a bad rep because of the new ones.
And because they are relatively rare so people don't have personal experience with them.

Also, OM617 it will be agonizingly slow with that low gearing.

For $500 its actually pretty good. I'd honestly buy it.

i'm going to college dude. i'm not moving out for a little bit...

swap in an sbc

What about a 4JB1 or a 4BD1T?

Kek. I can remember a high school acquaintance who had a Disco (I think) handed down from his parents. He'd duct-taped the head and tail lights in place because they kept fucking falling out, dangling by the wires. That thing was ridiculous.

I mean at least you bought a very sexy car.

This. Isuzus into Land/Range Rovers are a staple conversion.
The OM617 and a GM gearbox is a dumb idea.

I was going to suggest an Isuzu swap but the only Isuzus in the US are heavy duty ELF box trucks sold under the GMC brand. The engines in those are pretty big and heavy.

what about a LS1 or 1uzfe

phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/5697781007.html

phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/5695656299.html

Which one Veeky Forums?

Get the '87.

>excuses

just fix the engine it has

New guy at work drives one of these. Now I'm seeing them everywhere.

It's like GTA4 irl.

That happens to me sometimes. I think " wow, there used to be a lot of those on the road but I haven't seen one in forever" and suddenly I start seeing a lot of them. It makes ma paranoid as fuck.

I can't believe he paid $5 for that.

I was born 1996 February 3rd bruh