New to buying cars and practically entering the world of cars in general

New to buying cars and practically entering the world of cars in general

Been looking for a sharp looking, relatively fast, pre '95 car for under 7500 dollhairs and under 200,000 miles.

Saw pic related at my university campus with an unusual license plate and, low and behold, the same '95 C4 Corvette is on Craigslist with 123,000 miles for $6800.

It looks like a pretty solid deal especially for how close it is to me and I have a guy who's practically a professional I can bring with me to check it out.

Thoughts? Kinda flying blind but it looks good to me

LOL

If your looking for a vette look at a local vette club. all you will get here is shitposters who will crap over it because it isn't a twin turbo 1.0L I4 that makes 1000HP, is AWD, and made in Japan?Europe.

elaborate

not looking for a Corvette specifically but I just wanted some hot opinions on this vehicle as a quick, neat looking vehicle

>'95 C4 Corvette is on Craigslist with 123,000 miles for $6800.
Honestly a pretty good deal.

300 horsepower, 6 speed for less than 7 grand.

And by 95, most of the shitty issues with the C4 platform had been fixed.

you want a 300zx

You mean the one 90s sports car LESS reliable than a C4 Corvette, while also being heavier and slower?

I actually looked at an 87 2+2 with 166,000 miles on it on Craigslist but he wants 3800 for it, plus it's two hours away

well you can either drive a 300zx that is known for handling well and a good powertrain or a corvette with soft suspension and a truck motor

pick your poison

paid 3500 for my mint 84 with 74k miles on it. amazingly fun car.

keep looking.

Ok, If I was looking for one I would buy a bone stock completely unmolested one. Other than that its just a used car and treat it as such. Have it looked over, Drive it at city and highway speeds, make sure to drive it long enough to get the engine hot. Make sure the engine doesn't smoke and transmission shifts smoothly. If it checks all the boxes and you are happy with the price, than pick it up and enjoy

Dude, late mode C4 Corvette are track day heroes.

300zx are infamous for being slow, heavy and constantly breaking. They devour tires and brakes.

Any retard can do simple fixes or mods on a C4.

And I love how you imply that a twin turbo V6 with a meh transmission is somehow a more sound powertrain than a LT1 V8 and a ZF 6 speed.

Not to mention that old men have Corvettes, and don't beat on them. Any Z32 you pick up will have the PISS beaten out of it.

...huh? You're shitting on the vette because it has a truck engine? While shilling the same company that made the 240sx? With the 2.4 liter truck engine?

I doubt you've driven one if these Corvettes desu. It's a little heavy but it comes with performance oriented suspension and fuckhueg tires to start with. I doubt it handles badly.

real talk

why would you want a pre 95 car? why not a pre 06 car for the same price with lesser or same mileage?

>It's a little heavy
Honestly, 3200lbs isn't even that heavy.

Not when a TT Z32 is 200-400lbs more.

Maybe it's an emissions thing?

DID THE 300ZX USE A TRUCK ENGINE

NO

but the vette did

and it sucks

everyone hates the c4 vette except for clueless americans whose experience with handling begins and ends at daddy's pickup

The LT1 was never offered in the C/K trucks. Try again shitposter.

well if it's emissions you're worried about the 06 cars would pass more desu senpai

[spoiler]I like the aesthetic[/spoiler]

Too bad you can't secretly take an oil sample and send it in to the labs for a test along with the note that you are thinking of buying the car that the sample came from.

>I have a guy who's practically a professional I can bring with me to check it out

Put your phone on a selfie stick and put that under the car. Take pictures of everything under the car.

This is your preliminary examination not just for chassis repair markings, but to see if there are leaks at the back of the engine from any gasket areas.

Unlike other CL buyers, you have a chance to inspect the car in person and have some time to evaluate or show pictures to other people about the engine, any midwest aggressive salt rust, or leaks. You can also zoom in on things like bushings and arms.

The VG was used in the Nissan Frontier and Hardbody dude.

>New to buying cars and practically entering the world of cars in general
>Thoughts? Kinda flying blind but it looks good to me
*continued*
If it does turn out to be good, don't post the results that it is "good" here or else we will look up the CL deal and buy it out from under you.

But do you really want a car with that kind of MPG? I suppose in your area, the corvette is both driveable and parkable. It is driveable in my area surely, but there are not too many places I could park one. A lot of spaces are marked compact only, so it would be door ding time. And the way some people drive here, it would have to be parked in a large space or people backing out of a parking stall will clip the longer corvette with the corner of their front bumper. I am able to make that statement because a lot of the "longer" cars here have swipe marks at the rear corners.

Get the VIN number from the corvette and use the free VIN service thread in Veeky Forums to see what kind of past service history the car had or if it had accident repairs. What one service has, another might not, so it's not a guarantee that everything is revealed as to official shop work, but at least you have a better idea.

InB4 the purple is due to full body repaint as part of the repair from an accident after hitting 72 virgins while driving to heaven.