Reminder that people actually bought these

Reminder that people actually bought these

Drove one in Forza.

Mmmm i love obscure shitboxes that you would almost never see in video games.

I actually was thinking buying it as my first car. I've never got the cringe about it. It is what it's supposed to be and it also looks that way. I guess that I'll never own one tho.

In what universe is the PT Cruiser obscure?

>I've never got the cringe about it. It is what it's supposed to be and it also looks that way.
It's just a sort of shitty car, a Neon with a boxier body that Chrysler made so they can call it a "truck" to raise their overall average truck gas mileage.

>truck ?
I still don't get it. It looks like a not so big but practical sized car.

It's practical (the back hatch is BIG) and there's a surprising amount of space inside, but the aesthetics definitely aren't for anyone (fake cue ball auto shifter, for example, and shitty plastic EVERYWHERE).

It's not bad, it's not good, it just sort of

is?

Maintenance/repair is a bitch, though, with typical fun Chrysler things like wiring harnesses from Hell and the battery being located in the goddamn fender with the airbox behind/on top of it depending on year because Chrysler.

There's also the Chebby HHR that was designed by the same guy but I know absolutely nothing about those.

Friend has one.
High mileage, she drives cross country try for work a lot. She likes it. Its still reliable.
I used to do customs- had a guy turn one into a woody.

Its obscure in the sense that most people wouldn't bother wasting time or money graphically modeling a generic car with so few redeeming qualities or fans if any in a video game.

That slot the car takes up could've been used for quite literally anything and they chose a PT Cruiser.

>shitty plastic
>not the best quality overall
If somebody is surprised about that then he's a fool. As I said, it looks like what it is supposed to be. I don't think that anybody is expecting high quality or dynamics from it.

My dad drives one of these as his weekender.

What does his boyfriend drive?

So edgy..

I know, I did, mine was a GT Turbo, but it had the slushbox

Only variation of the Cruiser I ever liked was the GT. Had the same engine the SRT4 Stage 3 Neon had, if I recall.

After a tune you're pushing 300whp.

No, it had the base SRT motor, stage 3 was still a dealer option, actually you could only get stage 2 on a PT, 3 was Neon only

Old people, that don't do research or give a shit about driving dynamics/performance, saw a unique looking and practical car for a low price, and went for it. When they died, people who literally couldn't afford anything except the cheapest possible vehicle picked them up.

Reminded
...what am i to do with this information now

The pt cruiser is a solid car though. I don't get the obsession to hate it

It's just Veeky Forums. If it had a Honda or BMW nameplate on Veeky Forums would love it.

I can understand the PT cruiser but why would anyone get an HHR?

stick your dick in it

Forza 4 best forza

This isn't a miata thread.