BUYING PASSION

Hey Veeky Forums, I want to buy this Alfa Brera for around £5000. It's the 2.4 JTD Diesel. Any tips on what I should I look out for? Im guessing the reliability meme is dead right?

Mileage?
Service history?

>SOUL PASSION SOUL PASSION SOUL PASSION SOUL PASSION SOUL PASSION SOUL PASSION ITALIAN SOUL PASSION SOUL PASSION SOUL PASSION SOUL PASSION SOUL PASSION AMORE SOUL PASSION

a car with "soul" is just euphemia for "I paid way too much for this shitheap that breaks down every couple miles but I still like it for some reason"

Full service history, one owner. And it has done 64,000. It's a 2007. Only downside I see is that one of the doors has been dinged

>this car is so fun and good-looking I don't care that it is occasionally a massive pile of shit

10v 2.4jtd > 20v 2.4 jtdm

So you don't think I should do it?

funnily I heard quite a lot that the 2.4 alfa diesel is apparently more reliable and durable than any other engine by them but I wouldn't go so far to actually recommend you buying it.
do as you please or do some research like every common sense person would do (alfa fan forums about common problems with the cars, reviews, etc)

They're decently solid cars and engines. It's fine.

>diesel alfa
just fucking neck yourself if you think that's acceptable

petrol or none

Some people actually want a good looking car that happens to not fall apart

Cheers, I think I'm gonna do it. Forums seem pretty keen on them.

Nice one.

Whatever mate

In case you look for another one, if this one's sold or whatever, DO NOT go for the 1.9, I believe it was. But look into that more, if and when necessary.

>1575 kg/3472 lbs empty
pretty damn thicc for a small coupe
>that interior
>that ass
>that 5 cylinder diesel
do it

Was it the Brera, which has hilariously low load capacity (as in weight, not even volume) in the back? Or was it the convertible?

the front is gigantic for a 2.4

Nothing (much) wrong with a brera but not in diesel.
diesel makes no sense in a small car, especially second hand due to the far higher cost of parts compared to petrol engines

>fwd pigfat diesel that breaks every week
>"passion"

I would recommend the 2.0 jtdm 170 hp instead of the 2.4 which is slower and consumes more diesel.

The perfect engine for the Brera is the 1750 tbi, though, and leave untouched the jts petrol engines (they're shit) but maybe the 3.2 V6 which at least sounds good.

>"it doesn't make any sense!"
>"why not? uhm, because I read that on Veeky Forums once..."
kill yourself

diesels have stopped being synonymous with reliability for at least 10 years now
there's a reason why toyota hardly bothers with diesels for the yuro market any more

Toyota doesn't bother making diesel because they have the hybrid engines, which are better and more ecological, with better mpgs (especially in city drive) than same level comparable diesel engines.

However, they uses Bmw diesels on their non hybrid cars.