Brought my first car guys

Brought my first car guys.
£1000
Toyota Status 2005, 1.4 litre turbo diesel. 84k on the clock.

How'd I do?

Other urls found in this thread:

gumtree.com/search?page=1&sort=date&q=mazda rx8&distance=0.0001&search_category=cars&search_location=uk&min_price=&max_price=1500&vehicle_make=&vehicle_model=&vehicle_registration_year=&vehicle_mileage=&seller_type=&vehicle_body_type=&vehicle_fuel_type=&vehicle_transmission=&vehicle_engine_size=
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>1 grand for a Yaris

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*yaris fuck auto correct

ok

boring/10

youre just going to get ripped a new asshole on Veeky Forums since everybody thinks your daily has to be cool and fast

>Over 100k miles
>Ridiculous insurance for a 19 year old cis straight white male

Yeah probably. Just thought maybe anyone could give me some tips/tricks and things to look out for on the Yaris.

Or idk start a conversation on Dream first car/actual first car.

That used car market down there is so much better than in America... Finding miles that low for $1,000 on a car that actually runs is almost fucking impossible without looking 24/7.

I'm Jealous. Down here the RX8s with blown engines will go for like $3,000

>Toyota status
>is a car no one with status buys
Top kek

Tbh as soon as I finish uni and have 3-4 years of NCB might cop a 09 rx8.

You only need one year of NCB to be able to afford RX8 insurance.

>1000 for a yaris
otherwise nice

the fuck? why is it SO cheap in bongland?

>first car

If you bought for anything other than insurance price, you're a faggot.

Well, it's more spacious than anything else you could of gotten.

Probably because you don't want to see the condition it's in.

Because it costs three times that to insure.

>100k miles
>a lot

No it doesn't you clueless ameritard.

Why do you say 100k miles like it's a lot? If your vehicle's haven't been going far past that, you either had shit vehicles or were shit at caring for them. Or both.

Because the vast majority of people here finance new cars and see old cars with high miles (i.e. over 4 years old and 40k, yes really) as an unreliable money pit. People don't want petrol cars because of the obsession with mpg. People also think anything over 2 litres is a big engine, so don't want one because of perceived running costs. This makes them cheap as fuck.

The public perception is good in a way, it means that good cars are cheap for the rest of us because no one wants them. No one seems to realise that depreciation is by far the largest cost of a new car, so why not enjoy a used car that won't depreciate anywhere near as much with a better engine because any minor real world difference in economy is offset by lack of depreciation? Who cares if it needs a bit of work here and there, still better than a leased diesel Focus.

I bought a £900 E46 325i 3 years ago and it is brilliant. People genuinely think it is an expensive car that is costly to maintain which just isn't true.

OP made a good first car choice assuming it doesn't give trouble, small diesel hatchback that looks in decent nick is worth a grand all day long. Could probably make a profit on it actually.

for all the shitposting that we bongs get here in Veeky Forums, we probably have the best used car market of any country. and also our proximity to lots of good race tracks, if you're into that kinda thing.

none of those looked like there were in bad condition. but the one model that stood out as i was scrolling through the pages was the RX-8, i like the car but there is probably a reason why there are so many being flogged off for cheap.

maybe if you're 17

>i like the car but there is probably a reason why there are so many being flogged off for cheap.

It's mainly that people are scared/ignorant of the rotary, so there aren't many potential buyers.
If you find a buyer who knew how to treat it, maybe run a compression test on it just to be sure you can EASILY buy a nice low-mileage RX8 in bongland for under 2.5 grand.
Ones that are fucked or soon to be fucked go for super cheap, like under 1 grand.

gumtree.com/search?page=1&sort=date&q=mazda rx8&distance=0.0001&search_category=cars&search_location=uk&min_price=&max_price=1500&vehicle_make=&vehicle_model=&vehicle_registration_year=&vehicle_mileage=&seller_type=&vehicle_body_type=&vehicle_fuel_type=&vehicle_transmission=&vehicle_engine_size=

It is really easy to get a cheap one that even runs, no one wants them.

im sorry

Join the club.

Great on gas, fun at the limit without going 'fast'.

Not sure what to tell you about the Diesel though.

>pic related, my 2010 gas saver/reliable vehicle.

Also fuck you, my truck is horrible on gas and I'm working on project car.

>tfw those are $7000 in the US

i passed my test today and was going to go buy a 2004 yaris tomorrow for roughly 1050, it's petrol.
I think you did good, 2005 are going for more than a grand from what i've seen.

Why not a Corolla from the same year?

fuck these faggots OP congrats on having your own ride.

I have a TDI Beetle that I really love despite all that VAG hating robots on this board.

Drive it, enjoy it, resist the urge to do gay cheap trashy mods that any asshole is capable of doing and just take good care of it.

No idea what that 1.4 is like but you'll probably have some nice torque to play with.