Yfw Catholikek and you realize that Mary is dead and can't hear you when you worship her statue

>yfw Catholikek and you realize that Mary is dead and can't hear you when you worship her statue

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Lady_of_Akita
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Prayer is actually just self hypnosis, there is no one listening except your own conscious.

lol, she sure was dead at Lourdes.

And Fatima, and Akita, and Guadelupe....

Kierkegaarde pls

Why would the Mother of God, sanctified by the Incarnation, be subject to the corruption of death?

repent, heretics

Because its impossible for anything to sanctified because nothing holy exists

I take it you're not OP.

because she was human, an heir to sin and the wages of sin are death

Elijah and the Chariot of Fire.

>what is the Immaculate Conception?
>what is "being the New Eve?"

>orthocuck and you chop your balls off because Jesus said so

wrong, the immaculate conception is biblical

God existed before Mary

Mary was created is finite, is sinful, not the 'Mother of God'

God simply used her to become flesh.

No Mary no Jesus

KNOW MARY KNOW JESUS

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.
- Isaiah 42:8

Don't ever talk to me or my wife's son ever again!

>yfw religion is for the sheep

> It's a "people role playing as firebrand protestant fanatics claim that catholics worship or pray to Mary or any other saint" episode.

>akita

you mean doge doesn't hear me when I pray to him?

>literally pulling the population argument over Christianity

"Narrow is the road to heaven"

>Why would the Mother of God, sanctified by the Incarnation, be subject to the corruption of death?
Does Mary technically qualify as a "waifu"?

That's not an Akita.

>tfw you realize that not only is Jesus dead and unable to hear your prayers, he'd only understand prayers being said in Aramaic and Hebrew, and he also wouldn't answer the prayers of Gentiles if he could anyway

>inb4 an apologist claims that Jesus, an impoverished and illiterate peasant from one of the poorest and most conservative regions of Palestine, may've taken the pains to learn Greek, despite him saying Gentiles are "dogs" not worthy of his time
>inb4 an apologist tries to argue that the time Jesus etched something in the dirt when the Pharisees were trying to stone a prostitute means that Jesus was fully literate

Why do prods get so assblasted about the Catholic veneration of Saints

Part of YHWH's portfolio is the spell Comprehend Languages, Jesus learned the spell when he leveled up.

>mfw a catholic actually expects me to believe he's not worshiping the statue he just prostrated himself in front of

Then why was she in the sabbat crusade?

Jesus id divine. Mary was a human and worshiping her is blasphemy.

Because it's blasphemy if you don't believe the church's excuse and retarded if you do.

If (a) Mary isn't in that statue and (b) you aren't actually praying to her, you're just asking her to talk to God for you, then why not just pray to God directly?

Since the statue is only a representation of Mary, then it must be possible to be heard in heaven. But if this is true there is literally no reason to talk to anyone but God. Why would they think of you any more favorably?

The whole thing is so obviously an elaborate excuse so you idolators can keep your statues and pretend you aren't breaking any commandments.

Idolatrous heathen

>Catholic
>Christian
Pick one please.

>>what is the Immaculate Conception?
>>what is "being the New Eve?"
Heresy

How do I get into Virgin Mary worship? What kind of literature should I read and what kind of practices are associated with worshiping Mary? Thanks.

Let's not forget that they re-wrote their bibles to hide the second commandment against idolatry into the 9th against covetousness.

>How do I get into Virgin Mary worship?

Join the Whore of Babylon.

>Mother of God

So no Mary, no God?

And lit candles to, and burned incense to, and expects to hear him, and expects to mediate for him before God......

How do I do that?

The comedy value of American Protestants is the best thing about this board.

I mean really what is so bad about idols, not really any more superstitious then prayer to a non-idol/nothing.
It's not like you don't already believe in miracles and mysteries, why suddenly have scruples about Marys.

So is Mary worship a sexual thing or a spiritual thing?

This is a false dichotomy, it is both.

Bullshit.

Luther used the same numbering of the 10 commandments we do. We aren't hiding anything. The first commandment already contains the prohibition against idolatry.

Mary is my waifu

Dead physically not spiritually. She can hear us just fine.

We worship feet nao. The more disgusting the better.

popekissingfoot.jpg

All those cases of "Marian Apparitions" are frauds...

A combination of religious hysteria, outright lies, pious crimes, and much later interpolation, intentional myth-making, and appropriation from Church authorities in order to combat what they see as an encroachment and erosion of their influence of power.

Notice how reactionary the messages of some of the more famous apparitions are - almost too reactionary, to have come from a supposedly divine or supernatural being. It's the exact same reason why the Ummo affair is deemed a hoax: because they are preoccupied too much with the Left-Right/Conservative-Liberal spectrum, so much so that it's completely ridiculous to assume either a supernatural spirit being or an extra-terrestrial being would hold views that align and correspond so neatly - conveniently, even - to the political spectrum of humans.

>Jesus' Presense in her womb wouldn't sanctify her

What's the Protestant justification for this limit of God's Power?

You realize Christians take that as a good thing right?

Bullshit.

Mary was chosen to bear the Messiah; she was favored.

NOT "FULL OF GRACE"

"FULL OF GRACE" is attributed to JESUS ONLY.

...with blasphemies upon blasphemies coming from her whore mouth....

Nice response Protfag.

You go to your local Whore of Babylon outlet and speak to the man with the funny black and white collar.

Laugh when you're burning in hell. Then I'll admire you.

No? Why would it?

You don't even know your own vile history.

Martin Luther was a catholic friar, and never anything else but an excommunicated catholic friar.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Lady_of_Akita

You realize prostration is an entirely different gesture from genuflection right?

>If (a) Mary isn't in that statue
She isn't.

> and (b) you aren't actually praying to her, you're just asking her to talk to God for you, then why not just pray to God directly?
Why not talk to a buddy in upper management to vouch for your request to the CEO? Sure you can talk directly to the CEO but why wouldn't you take the option?

Hearty kek

More like "No Mary, no God Incarnate, know Mary, know God Incarnate."

Or do you follow heresy that says Jesus isn't God 100%?

>So is Mary worship a sexual thing
What the?

Got proof Prot-bro?

>dead physically

Riiiiiight.

>"FULL OF GRACE" is attributed to JESUS ONLY.

Someone better inform Gabriel of that then.

>Some of us have seen a doctor of theology dying, for consoling whom a certain theologian, a monk, was employed. He pressed on the dying man nothing but this prayer: Mother of grace, protect us from the enemy; receive us in the hour of death.

>Granting that the blessed Mary prays for the Church, does she receive souls in death, does she conquer death [the great power of Satan], does she quicken? What does Christ do if the blessed Mary does these things? Although she is most worthy of the most ample honors, nevertheless she does not wish to be made equal to Christ, but rather wishes us to consider and follow her example [the example of her faith and her humility]. But the subject itself declares that in public opinion the blessed Virgin has succeeded altogether to the place of Christ. Men have invoked her, have trusted in her mercy, through her have desired to appease Christ, as though He were not a Propitiator, but, only a dreadful judge and avenger. We believe, however, that we must not trust that the merits of the saints are applied to us, that on account of these God is reconciled to us, or accounts us just, or saves us. For we obtain remission of sins only by the merits of Christ, when we believe in Him. Of the other saints it has been said, 1 Cor. 3:8: Every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labor, i.e., they cannot mutually bestow their own merits, the one upon the other, as the monks sell the merits of their orders. Even Hilary says of the foolish virgins: And as the foolish virgins could not go forth with their lamps extinguished, they besought those who were prudent to lend them oil; to whom they replied that they could not give it because peradventure there might not be enough for all; i.e., no one can be aided by the works and merits of another, because it is necessary for every one to buy oil for his own lamp. [Here he points out that none of us can aid another by other people's works or merits.]

Fascinating, and what's the Protestant response?

>HUR DUR MUH HORSE OF BOBBY LING

She is a perfect sinless virgin 2dqt that Christians wish would sit on their face.

That's disgustingly irreverent.

Who would you rather have sex with, Jesus or Mary?

I'd make her conceive, but it certainly wouldn't be immaculate.

Please don't talk about the Lord or His Mother like that. Ever.

You do realize that A, she was a consecrated virgin and B, the Immaculate Conception refers to HER being conceived, not Jesus.

>jesus_christ_and_mary_magdalene
>mother
Did Jesus have an Oedipus complex?

>what's a very common girl's name

I don't really care, point is, I would bone her, given the chance.

When did we change Marys?

>consecrated virgin
Only in the apocryphal Gospel of mary

There are three Marys in the Marian trinity.

>belonging to a denomination and it's hivemind

I hope the third is Asherah

That's from the Protoevangelium of James.

>Marian Trinity

So the 3 Madisons in my nephew's class are a trinity now?

No, that's pretty in line with Protestantism.

>Protestants don't believe in God because holiness and sanctification don't exist

Topkek

>the Immaculate Conception refers to HER being conceived
what in the fuck

Nobody can be born without original sin, so if Mary gave birth to Jesus he would have original sin and therefore not be sinless. So instead, God created Mary without original sin.

Now you may be asking, if God can just create Mary without original sin, why not just allow Jesus to be born without it? Mary could be born despite her parents sinning, why not Jesus? The answer to that is, of course, gkkgodksmeitkfmsbd New Eve fjdjdhd ark of the covenant gjfldoejtudkskeltn.

I knew it! Mary was God's waifu all along.

In Catholic dogma, Sts. Joachim and Anne had a baby girl named Mary who God guarded from Original Sin for the purpose of becoming the Mother of the Messaiah. The conception of this girl is called the Immaculate Conception because it was a Conception free of the mark of sin (immaculate means clean, tidy, free of marks or errors). Jesus' conception on the other hand is called the Incarnation, as it is God becoming Flesh and taking on human nature (carne- flesh)

New Eve.

Eve was made perfect but in her disobediance to God brought for sin and death onto humanity. On the other hand, Mary as the New Eve brings the exact opposite, by her fiat, her obedience to God, she brought Slavation and Life into the world.

To fulfill the role of New Eve, she had to be made without sin just as Eve was made without sin.

Why does everything with the Catholics feel like retroactive rewriting to back up some magical paradox?
I suppose they kept getting free passes throughout history because they had a cultural monopoly and no one else could do anything about it.

It's more we actually take every single thing to its logical conclusion based on scriptural truths in order to discern further truth. The Trinitarian heresies were considered heresies not because monopoly but because when entertained they were incompatible with the entirety of scriptural revelation.

That's pretty convenient when the Early Church fathers wrote and translated the Bible. I don't buy it. The sense of legitimacy o f"logical conclusions" is undermined by the fact that they could meddle with the Bible to backfield whatever agenda they wished. So your initial "scriptural truth" is whatever they wanted it to be in the first place, and the "heresies" are whichever books they chose to exclude or proscribe.

You don't think it's suspicious when the Catholic Church uses the humble beginnings of a dirt-poor Jew to become Italian lords on golden thrones? Nothing creepy about that?

>Why does everything with the Catholics feel like retroactive rewriting to back up some magical paradox?
Two-thousand years of strict rationalization to try and untangle a few decades of extreme fluidity and freedom of interpretation.

Who is the New Adam in this scenario?