Everyone talks about HP/L

everyone talks about HP/L
what about torque per liter? is that a thing?
what engines do worst on this?

>what engines do worst on this?
Rotaries

Diesel does it the best

does it now? what does the 6.2 detroit do well at?
>240 lb-ft At 2,000 rpm

>Rotaries
Confirmed for retard

tq=hpx5252/rpm

so HP/L at max power = TQ/L at max power

That's true, rotaries are retarded

haha already butthurt

renault f4r
>2.0 litres
>159lbft

renesis
>3.9 litres
>159lbft
:^)

Renesis is 1.3l champ.

Because of you want to compare torque efficiency, you use BMEP instead.

>Think rotaries make good torque

Your moms handjobs have more torque than a rotary.

that's what they want you to think

Torque per liter is usually expressief in BMEP. Also, hp/l isn't really a good unit, you should be looking at BSFC instead.

Torque varies per RPM though.

Not above poster, but I believe he is trying to say that hp/l and tq/l is equivalent just with different numerical values.

Hp is tecnically a fictitious number after all

you're as retarded as him

search your dyno charts
you know it to be true
(within acceptable margin of error)

yep. diesels don't make torque, turbos do

That was just a smog down piece of shit.

The Military didn't seem to think so. But I guess you know better than them.

Confirmed retard.
>I can spout memes without knowing anything.

This is what you sound like

>The Military chooses the lowest and cheapest offer 9 times out of 10

They also pick the most reliable and easy to fix. Look I will admit there were more powerful diesels, but the Detroit was far from shit. It did the job, that was all that was asked from it.

Worst?
Low compression, low displacement, but most importantly, short stroke.

ITT retards haphazardly discuss stuff they dont understand

How to make an engine that makes no horsepower or torque but revs to a bazillion rpm?

this

It's actually a 2.6 because its displacement can't be measured as a normal 4 stroke engine.

Rotary knowledge dump:

Displacement

Rotary engine displacements seem small when compared to piston engines of similar power. In fact, both displacements are measured the same way. Displacement is the sum total of positive combustion chamber volume increases for one complete revolution of the main shaft (crank or eccentric). In a piston engine, this means the total amount of space swept by its pistons. In a rotary, it is easiest to think about the difference between the maximum and minimum volumes for a single chamber multiplied by the number of rotors (where each rotor has 3 chambers). Remember that the rotor actually revolves at one third the speed of the eccentric shaft, which is the reason only one chamber's displacement is used in the calculation. The difference in power is due to the fact that the rotary uses its full displacement to produce power for each revolution of the eccentric shaft while only half the displacement of the piston engine is producing power for each revolution of the crankshaft. Other differences also play a role; rotaries do not have the losses of reciprocating motion and there is no valve train to power.

Combustion Frequency and Power Stroke Duration

When you consider the facts above, you will see that on a rotary, each rotor fires once per eccentric shaft revolution. In a piston engine, only half of the combustion chambers fire for a given revolution. This means that a 2-rotor engine fires as often as a 4-cylinder engine. However, the power stroke duration in a rotary is 50% longer, it being 3/4 of a main shaft revolution to the piston engine's 1/2. This makes a 2-rotor engine similar to a 6-cylinder.

>tldr: a rotary is measured off the displacement of just one chamber. a rotar has 3 firing events for ever rotation of the rotor, but just 1 for every rotation of the crankshaft.

using traditional measurements a rotary engine makes more power per any unit of displacement than that of an otto cycle engine.

It's the equivalent of a 2.6L 4-stroke, same as a 1.3L 2-stroke. Note that 2-stroke engines are not rated in 4-stroke equivalency. Therefore, the 13B is a 1.3L engine.

Range control uses those trucks. God i love those things. But actual military uses a generic v8 GM diesel engine in the HMMVW.

>everyone talks about HP/L
>what about torque per liter?

Only idiots talk about these things.

The only times when displacement would actually matter is when motorsport regulations would deem it necessary or if you live in some godawful nanny state where engine displacement effects vehicles registration or what motorcycle you're allowed to ride.

>Hp is tecnically a fictitious number after all
Wrong. You can find torque if you know how long you've used a certain amount of hp

Decrease the displacement.

But arent the humvees turboed?

Yes. But not tq/l at max torque.

>everyone talks about HP/L
>what about torque per liter? is that a thing?
>what engines do worst on this?

Its because Veeky Forums is full of retards, plebs and normie faggots

BMEP is actually useful when comparing engines because it ignores engine displacement.

Rotary =/= Torque
get mad mazda fag master

>what about torque per liter?
Why would anyone care? We have torque multipliers on almost every car, not power multipliers.

Or the one handing out the biggest bribe.

No

I thought some use the 6.5 turbo but I could be wrong, I know fuck all about any of this.

ECOBOOST