Are car manufacturers actually aware that they produce nothing but meme face cars?

Other urls found in this thread:

roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a7834/avoidable-contact-tough-all-the-time-may-2014/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Most people want something "mean" looking. Go buy a Mazda if you want a smiley ass cute car.

what if i want a car that doesnt have a face

>what if i want a car that doesnt have a face

If you live in Yurop you could go with the Skoda Superb owl

I have no mouth and I must scream

Why cant cars look like this anymore
why do they all have to be so fucking ugly?
i would actually buy a 2010s car if it looked like this
fuck if the gt86 looked like one of these id buy it
fuck the designers

well, as a Chinaman you could have bought this in 2013 but even there, the old cars got phased out by now.

It was literally a 3 decades old car, freshly produced.

Go to third world shitholes like mexico where 25 year old cars are still being produced

OP that's because you're a faggot and think everything is a meme. Your life is a meme

Thanks for the free bump though

Isn't that a passat?
I like this styling better, to be honest.

>neutral looking front end
>simple shape
>big windows

Why can't all new cars have that?

Muh safety

it is. and yes, I love this "bodykit" a lot more than the (overpriced) passat underneath it.

so nice

Because people don't want boring looking cars outside of Veeky Forums

I just want to have windows, and not have a soapbar with a grille that looks like bared teeth.

here have a toyota

giving car designers computer 3D sculpting tools was a mistake.

THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

these are adorable

Tough shit, they're gonna

>I have no mouth and I must scream

I dont get it. what's changed that angry cars are now what people want?

its obviously all marketing and design by committee, men and women tend to like "aggressive styling", so even shitboxes are angry now because that projects toughness somehow, but what changed that a car with a neutral expression isnt desirable anymore?

Boomers used to be all about these kinds of cars, and yet they are the ones who are also hopping on board the angry meme. My Dad bought his Fusion because he liked that it looked angry.

is it because as a society we are all angry and angsty?

that looks amazing

Maybe it's some kind of extension of anger over owning a shitbox.

Pic semi-related. Buttmad bmw 316. Guess I would be pretty mad myself if my DD var a 1.6l landbarge.

Stop it man, i just ate dinner

>never again
They want me to pay what could go towards a fucking year of college for some bottom-of-the-barrel FF safety egg with a huge fucking iPad where the AC and radio knobs should be. And the sick part is they're doing all of this, ruining motoring to every degree, just to try and appease ME. Because I'm in my early 20s. That must mean I do nothing but wear skinny jeans and look down at my iProduct while pretending to be interested in this band that only 20 people have heard! Yep. That's me, Big Auto. Wrap me in the automotive equivalent of a Safe Space(tm) and sail me away to a Starbucks while some shits in plaid wheeze away about nothing in particular in the background. Let the Happywomb lazily float me through my day, because life isn't enough of a monotonous grey Xanax trip for me.

Fucking kill me now. I don't want to bear witness to waves of autonomous hybrid crossovers dominating the roadways. Just hit me in a 735/300ZX/Fiero and bury me.

Angry face aside, the F30 looks fantastic for a modern car.
The proportions don't look bloated.

we turn cars into meme faces
the manufacturers probably don't give a shit because they have more important things to care about than a bunch of nerds

It is mostly because of the possibilities you have now, combined with designers realizing cars can have some sorts of "faces" and the possibilites to make highly detailed shit.

Designers don't design cars with rulers anymore, they mostly use 3D sculpting now to achieve "organic" shapes. Combined with high tech sheet metal shaping machinery you get completely over-designed cars.

Also, back then they produced cars for the domestic market PRIMARILY and now since you have to primarily compete with brands from all over the world, every fucking brand tries HARD to be as mainstream but also as edgy as possible to "kinda" stand out but still make a car that most want to buy.

This is the future we chose

Jdm life

WHY DO CARS LOOK ANGRY?

roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a7834/avoidable-contact-tough-all-the-time-may-2014/

Excellent and thoughtful anal-lysis (lysis = to burst apart in Greek lol) of why insecure and harried modern soccer moms and shit all wanna intimidatrix their fellow roadway passengers with "LE ANGRY OTTO FAEC"

inb4 pickup stack

Miata
Lancer
Roost poo

Shit, spot on.

holy fuck, that's one beautiful article.

well, really apparent that not only the car industry is getting idiotic. it's just one symptom of many in our current time.