Buyers remorse thread

buyers remorse thread

what is the last car you bought, that you absolutely regret?
what would you have gotten instead?

what did you hate about it?

thread intended to inform

>Miata.
Always felt like i was gonna die
Knee in side of dash constantly
Arm hitting door panel
Steering wheel touching my legs
>im not fat or tall (haha manlet)
Just wasnt my type of car i guess

i just posted last week for help, but seems can't be fixed

Volvo c30. the turning radius suxks. I want to sell now

2012 Mercedes Benz C350

Love everything about the car except for the boring as fuck light silver color. Had no other color choice at the time and thought it wouldn't be a big fucking deal, well fuck I can't get rid of this car fast enough. Wish I had waited or shop around more and gotten a black, white, or graphite. Seriously fuck silver cars.

I regret buying a 90s corolla wagon. It was a 5 speed and even then it was a boring drive.

I also regret buying an automatic Del sol. The manual would have been fun.

I don't have buyer's remorse about my 1999 LS 400. It's my favorite car, and all things considered, the one I purchased is great. It's just that the honeymoon period is over and now the reality of maintaining a 17-year-old car is dawning on me. First thing is a CEL for the idle air control sensor. Not a big deal, but it's a $200 part. Then the window motors sound cranky. Then the hood flutters a bit. Etc. etc. etc. So many little things and surprises because you have no clue about its history and how these things started or how long they've been that way or even if they're normal or easily fixable. So far nothing major for me and it's not my daily driver (2016 Tacoma), but it's still time and money.

96 F250 from an insurance auction. Don't even know why I bought it.

I want one of these soooo bad.
>I don't have buyer's remorse
Then why post?

cool story upvote :^)

2015 civic 5mt
Payment is 234$ a month
Alreadyvput 46K miles on it since I got it last year.
Insurance is 170$
I didn't want this car I kick myself everyday I have this car. I enjoy older Honda's not these new ones and I'm fucking stick with it. While it drains my cash

Silver with panoramic roof is best combination.

Subaru brz, garbage
Traded for a wrx, garbage
Traded for a ec9boost mustang, garbage
traded for the v8, even more garbage
traded for focus rs, just fucking kill me

I'm starting to regret my 370Z, but I don't regret buying. I regret living in Canada.

bought a mazdaspeed6 at the age of 19

>had to buy tires every 12k miles for $800 a set
>60/40 weight distribution
>weird AWD system prevented any fun
>blew an engine
>foot slipped off the clutch pedal and broke the flywheel bearing

yeah it was one thing after another

I think it's safe to say you'll just never be happy

Are you okay, dude? Do you have a reason to get up in the morning?

Unless you're shitposting, in which case carry on.

Might as well save some time and kill yourself now

>what is the last car you bought, that you absolutely regret?
2007 Subaru Impreza WRX

>what would you have gotten instead?
I was looking into R32 GT-Rs or even GTS-Ts, possibly even a Nissan Pulsar GTI-R. Everything I wanted was out of my price range, though. If anything I wish I had my Mazdaspeed 3 back.

>what do you hate about it?
I've already gone through a set of engine mounts within 4,000 miles, the Subaru Group N mounts (which are actually really good mounts) somehow. I feel like I downgraded for performance and luxury. That Mazdaspeed had a shit load of cool stuff in it.
This car is just... it feels bland. It sounds amazing, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't have that pull that the Speed3 did.
Changing anything with the heads is a huge bitch, the trans drain plug is some odd Torx T70 bolt that's about an M24.

>2012 MS3 bought new for my wife
she loves it, I hate it
I started hating it a few months after buying
Yes, you need some time to stop liking it and start hating it
>anything else light that doesn't feel as edgy
mazda2, fr-s, even a Fiesta (not the ST)
>Too edgy (getting to and past the limits is too sudden) and uninformative (numb steering, and the chassis/suspension is too stiff); fast car but not fun car (unless you like acceleration but that gets old quick)

Fortunately, it seems like they hold their value pretty well (especially if kept stock, the only thing I've done to it was put HIDs instead of halogens and MAYBE I'll switch the stock single CD with an optional multi CD)

Miata.

I can't stand all the gay men hitting on me, it's just too much.

Shoulda bought an ecoboost...

I was looking at buying one of these. What's so awful about them? I own a 2005 civic 5mt and I'm ok with it. It gets me from a to b and isn't too gutless since you can ride it in 1st and 2nd

I own a 2015 civic coupe and I absolutely love it. I had a 2003 coupe as my first car and while I thought it was surprisingly nice, the 2015 is considerably better imo.

Ok thx I realize not every car is every mans taste but I figure a civic is a civic, shouldn't expect much from it except it being a good commuter car that's reliable and comfy

I don't regret my AW11 yet.

I probably will at some point though.

Civics haven't been 'civics' in a decade.

I've driven a bone stock miata for the past 7 years. I don't know if it's buyers remorse but I am so fucking done with this car and being slow desu.

regret not buying an Si almost every time I drive it

2002 Nissan altima
Needed a car fast and my dad found it and showed me and I was like "fuck it"

Within 2 months I had a crankshaft position sensor malfunction which would cause the car to SHUT DOWN WHILE DRIVING. I would be going 40mph down a street when the car would suddenly rumble and shut off. It wouldn't start up right away either so I had to sit there blocking traffic trying to start my car until it worked again.

Then the transmission went bad the next month.

When I got it back it started misfiring a month later. Swapped the spark plugs, misfire again the next month.

Eventually mother nature took care of the car for me in ~April of this year

wrong
civics haven't been civics since 2001 when the changed front suspension from double wishbone to McPherson
but that's just my opinion ...

Replacement that I love

>sleeping on dat dere magic 8th gen

ur loss m80

iktfb

>tfw having fun in the twisties and wondering how much more fun I would've been having in the si

Pontiac Firebird, 4th gen. It was slow as shit despite V8, burned fuel like my V12 BMW, was uncomfortable and unwieldy as fuck and finally it started burning oil like it was going out of style. It also looked ugly as fuck, was puke green.
Managed to sell it off to some chebby dude for 5 grand despite it being completely fucked.
If there was one good thing about the car, it never gave up and always started up right off the bat as long as the battery held and there was gas in the tank.

Terrible car otherwise, will never again buy one.

Honda Jazz

All the indians in work keep calling me auntie

I really want a Miata
But I'm 6'3 230lbs
Think id fit?

You will fit. But youll hate life

How where you burning through tires that quickly?

We share an opinion, silver is a sadly boring color. I waited months looking for black on my slk and I am really glad I did

>2013 Dodge Dart 6-speed 1.4L turbo
gets stuck out of gear. Turbo died twice.
Eats spark plugs every 20,000 miles.
massive turbo lag for a small eco turbo.

Aside from regrettable uninformed youthful choices, the big mistake I saw both of my parents make and I made as well was to buy a newer generation of a car we really liked and assume it would be as good or better.

Never do this. If you loved a car but it died buy another one that's exactly like it in better condition

I just bought one, loving it so far as well

Holy shit. I've never heard anything that bad with an MS6. Sorry you had such a bad experience, every MS6 owner I know loves their car.

Not mine but yesterday my grandpa who is 85 years old bought a red 98' Renault Twingo for 1500€. No test drive, probably didn't even turn engine on. Even worse: 5 years ago he promised my brother his car "in a few months when you got your license". He kept saying that for 5 years now and now he actually wants to give my 22 year old brother a red Renault Twingo "in 3 months". He is a sperg autist but even he does not want to drive that piece of shit.

Pic related, not the exact car but same model

Our dealership had an 08 Si and I regret not trading in my WRX for it. The dude who picked it up actually traded in my exact car for the exception of a couple mods. Black WRX with TR brakes, turboback exhaust and tune. Crazy.

I know how you feel, I've been dd a 2012 cbr250r for 4 years now and while I've learned a lot, I've also learned how slow I really am. (which at least means I've learned how to be extremely defensive but man is it lame)

2010 Hyundai Accent GLS that I bought new.
It's the most boring A to B shitbox ever. Promised myself I'll buy something more fun when it breaks. 274k miles on it and it's still going strong. I just doesn't want to die...

Toyota Corolla 2011

If I could describe it as anything it would be "it's a car". There's just nothing exemplary about it besides the fact that it doesn't rust and the internals will probably outlive most pets.

I've had my NA for about a month, and while I enjoy shifting and just cruising to and from work, I want to go faster. Like a lot faster. But I don't have the money for a turbo. I also need to get a hard top before winter. Also I've had no AC and there's a lot of stoplights/signs on my commute so I just end up slowly frying with the top down. It's either be hot or be hot. I can't win. Also I don't look forward to fixing old shit once it starts breaking... I know that's part of the appeal, but I don't live in a place where I can easily wrench on it.

Kind of regret but kind of enjoying it.

Anyone like their BRZ/FRS? The styling is cool to me but I don't want my driving experience to be bogged down by modern shit which I feel like most cars would make me feel like that.

>V6 Camaro 1998
>Drunk driver drove it into a mailbox
>Engine was rebuilt
>Drives like shit
>Dual exhaust so sounds like shit

Only Pros
>Manual

1995 chevy s10

Bought from some grandpa, everything checked out. Really enjoyed driving it then all of a sudden shit starting going wrong left and right like 2 months later. Got fed up and rang up the shop who's sticker did the oil changes.

"yeah the kid who had that truck beat the shit out of it, soz bro"

Not knocking the truck necessarily, again I loved it. Just make sure you get more history on a used car.

All in all wasn't bad, got it for 1500 and sold it later for 1000 pic related, pulled a car out of a ditch and hung the chains on her with pride

Also another note the muffler fell off like 3 months into ownership and I said fuck it. For some reason these 4.3 vortec sound pretty good

This. All day this.

Used to have a 1st gen CRV with manual trans and awd. That little thing could go just about anywhere as long as the trail wasn't too rocky and got 30 mpg doing it. It was a lot of fun and so easy to drive.

I put 375k on it decided to "upgrade" to a 2012. Fuck my life, what a piece of shit. What I should have done was drop a new engine in the old one.

>giving up a wrx for a shit civic

>falling for the wrx is gud meme

The HRV is the true successor to the CRV. These new ones have gotten way too fucking fat.

>AE82 Twin Cam (current DD)
Thought it might have turned into a case of buyer's remorse, blew the head gasket about three weeks after I bought it. Rebuilt the top end and it's pretty solid now though.

>AE86 Trueno, imported last year from Japan
I bought it and brought it over from Japan late last year, had nothing but issues with it.
>Arrived in Sydney in late August 2015
>Went to a compliance workshop to be registered, was told it would be ready to drive home within a month
>Shop couldn't get it registered until 5 months later
>Went to Sydney in January this year to pick the car up
>Started knocking and spun a bearing about twenty minutes after I picked it up
>Left it in Sydney for another month, got it shipped home to where I live 5 hours out of Sydney
>It's now in the garage with the engine out, at the moment I'm waiting to get the head back from the shop and then I'll be putting the engine back together and putting it back in the car
With all the bullshit that I've been through with this car, you would think I'd have severe buyer's remorse over it... but I don't. I still look at it in the garage and think about how fantastic it will be when I've built this 20 valve for it, and how much I'm looking forward to driving it. Might be keeping it for a long time, don't really want to let it go to be honest.

2010 LGT
Love the car, only regret is that it's expensive as fuck to fill up cause I study and only work limited hours

Now, the one case where I DID have buyer's remorse went a little like this...

>A few years ago, wanted a somewhat sporty and fun car as my old car at the time was starting to consume oil and smoke like a Russian sailor, had 330,000km on it and wasn't going to last much longer
>Found an NA MR2 on Gumtree, went to check it in person about a week later
>Traveled 3 hours across the state to go and look at it, everything checked out and the car looked fine, drove fine, seemed in decent shape both cosmetically and mechanically despite a somewhat loud exhaust
>Decided to pull the trigger and buy it then and there
>Drove it home, made it all the way home without a hitch
>About a month later, I'm starting to regret it
>T-Top seals leaked when it rained, had to sit a towel on the driver seat to stop it from soaking through and turning into mush
>Was always anxious about leaving it in the rain because the engine cover on SW20's doesn't stop water from getting into the engine bay at all
>Was actually pretty slow, had a 3S-GE but I regretted not saving for one with a 3S-GTE instead
>Later on, discovered that it had some electrical issues as well, aftermarket radio was a heap of shit and fog lights stopped working
>Engine developed a tapping sound about four months after I bought the car, present with light throttle (Not once did I ever thrash the damn thing, took it out to redline occasionally but never for extended periods of time)
>Decided that the car really wasn't worth fixing at all, would have needed thousands upon thousands to fix everything properly
>Sold it at a loss as a parts car, got maybe a little over half what I paid for it

Awd>fwd

God you are a faggot.

I have a 2013 5sp and i love it

this stupid fucking 2.3 LX Mustang. basically to make it anywhere near decent I'd have to spend more than the car is worth. and I don't even fucking like the Foxbody style Mustangs. so I'm just going to hoon the fuck out of it until I save enough for a RX7 or something like a muscle car or mr2

what's your problem?

My buyers remorse is buying a new vehicle in general. It's comfy, has no issues, drives great, and knowing I have reliable transportation is nice. However, a big chunk of my monthly income goes to payments, and as a result I don't have any extra cash in my budget and I have built up a decent amount of credit card debt from unexpected expenses like medical bills, new tires, etc. I bought it two years ago thinking that I'd be getting a good raise at work in the near future so that I'd have no problem affording it, but I'm still making the same amount now.

I wish I had bought a cheap shitbox that I could afford, because now I'm selling the Forester and buying an even cheaper shitbox than what i could have afforded back then.

Also the Forester is starting to burn oil at 35k miles and the CVT is boring to drive, so I wont miss it.

>wrx
>no sti
Well there's your problem.

miata
i
a
t
a

In seriousness though, what was wrong with each car? All of those are reasonably cheap cars aimed with offering performance to enthusiasts..does user just want more?

2003 Crown Victoria P74 with 155,000 on the clock.

Bought the car for $2100. I knew it was potential trouble during the test drive but I decided to hoon it anyways. During the test drive the oil pressure idiot light would flicker and I didn't care really that much. So I bought the car and it served me pretty well. The intake manifold cracked and leaked coolant into the #7 spark plug well... So I just redid the whole manifold, spark plugs, and ignition coils. Car ran for a solid while. Not to long after that repair: the rear air springs started leaking. It was funny because the air pump in the front for them was working so hard eventually it made a giant foghorn noise every few miles to fill them with air. It added tons of character and at that point I didn't give a shit about the car at all. I took it to the track, did burnouts, drifted in dirt with it, hopped railroad tracks, played "cop pursuit" with my friend on the deserted freeway at 2 am in the morning, and all sorts of stupid shit. Eventually the rear right wheel bearing got fucked and started leaking axle fluid onto the brake rotor. Just imagine rear-diff fluid being cooked up on a hot plate... nastiest smell. Eventually the axle started popping and I sold the car for $1,000 & got myself a better car.

Fun car, took it to many places, camped out with it, fucked in it, did stupid things, and overall had a blast. Crown Vics are cool cars.

Sounds like you're just a retard.

Get a civic

Sell that shit and buy a 600! You should be able to sell your CBR for around 2.5/3k depending on condition. I got my 03 CBR600rr for 2900 with 16k miles.

oh snap thats an ep3 nice man

cmon auntie ;) lmao

>ep3
>nice

My Miata. Overpayed at a stealership. Rusted out, top's fucked, needs new tires, have already payed around 500 in repairs. Should have gotten a mint LS400 from some old lady but i was stupid and needed something to drive quickly.

But hey, at least i know how to drive manul now.

I too bought a bear and regretted my purchase.

That's the plan. But I'm itching for a liter for highway cruising, and I don't really go on the track.

Bought a '14 FRS, regret it constantly, but they're not super common here so I get the looks.

For anyone wondering:
>Pros:
-fun to drive
-corners like a motherfucker
-lots of looks from Normies who think it's a supercar
-dat dere warranty
-easy to put sideways
-parts are cheap because it's a Toyota
-decent gas mileage

>Cons:
-overpaid
-mostly driven by middle aged women with more sense than to buy a miata
-tail happy

If you can get one for cheap then it's worth it, otherwise get something better

Biggest regret is buying without thinking about it first. I went in for a mustang, got the FRS

1990 240sx coupe

nothing. swap the engine in the z32 and or revive it

>what did you hate about it?
the 240sx really is a moneypit

as it is it drives and runs fine but since theres alot of cheap and good shit for it you kinda just want to improve it (or fuck it up more)

i want to do the silvia swap and get all the dents and dings repaired along with a fresh new paint job

yet it for the same price i can get the z32 fixed with a junkyard ls1 or a rebuilt vg30dett and have my track and street toy on the road again

Either a liar or an idiot, maybe both:

>Pros:
>-easy to put sideways

>Cons:
>-tail happy

Real cons are be:
>-slow
>-shitty oem tires

Dude, you already regret it so not going to beat you up too much, but going in for a Mustang and coming out with an FRS is like going in to a whorehouse to get a BJ from Sunny Lane but instead paying Otto the janitor to fuck you in the ass.

I know. I'm a fucking idiot. I didn't drive for 3 months prior to buying. So driving anything would have been exhilarating, they just happened to get me in to an FRS and before I knew what happened I was driving away with so much regret.

I forgot to mention slow, ya that's my bad, thanks for tagging that on there, and what I meant by sliding being a von is that the thing won't stay on the fucking pavement. I work and live near a lot of police, literally next door to a Police station, so sliding is not good unless I'm trying to make it go. If that makes any sense.

I'd call you a retard but I do know your pain. Bought a mustang v6 (((new))) and within 2 months I wish I bought a v8. Saved up again after a year and traded it in for a very lightly used v8 and haven't looked back.

Exactly. My mum used to have an old nissan micra grey import from the U.K. that was slightlty modified. It was before emissions control (Australia) and had no sound insulation for the engine. It was uncomfortable, but apparently very fun to drive (it was written off before I could drive). Then my mum bought a 2011 nissan micra and it's a horrible, pigfat piece of shit. Uncomfortable, no room in the interior, noisy, worst manual gearbox I've ever used, overly sensitive throttle and brake pedal, horribly cheap materials and build quality.

And fucking ugly. There is no redeeming feature on the car, she should have gotten a mazda 3 or suzuki swift but apparently "it has a good turning circle."

I bought a corolla wagon and I love it. It's slow as dirt but it's so lightweight and small that all the backroads around me are a blast to fuck around on.
And because its a wagon the ass end likes to slide out more.

Probably once you drive it in the rain and the ass end starts sliding out on you . . . .

98 E36, 323i

Pros:
> Decently torquey
> Nice and firm suspension
> Would probably be OK for rallycross

Cons:
> Interior glue didn't glu no mo
> Holy fuck why are these side mirrors so tiny
> How can I not see much out the front of the car yet hit my head on the ceiling at the same time

99 A4. 2.8L Tiptronic too. Figured hey, parts for a 17 year old Audi can't be all bad. Learned the hard way I guess. It's zero fun and not even comfy.

A low mileage mx5.

Sold my legacy gt for it, now I want another one so gonna flip it this coming summer.

All volvos have shit turningradius

2006 Impala

Something newer

>what did you hate about it?

It keeps breaking

fuck off

Joel? Joel Miller?

Fuck. Same here. But sometimes I feel I over-idealize the Si. Is it really that different? Can an user that drove both tell me there's that much of a difference? Spec-wise it's the same power as a Toyobaru, but FF and Toyobarus always get shit for being underpwered.

Toyota Avalon.
It's the most uninteresting car in the world. My girlfriend even hates it.

How is it? Is it stock other than the body kit?

vinyl wrap it

>Always felt like i was gonna die
That's why I bought a miata, because I want to die

>>im not fat or tall (haha manlet)
sure :^)

Always enjoy reading your posts and hearing about your BMW. Still running? Is it expensive to keep maintained?

05 Altima SE R. It's a decent car but it isn't the nicest to work on. It's just annoying.
I've owned all Audis in the past, and while repairs on those were lengthy, they were coherent. Everything made sense in the way it came off and went back on.
With the Altima, it's like no thought went into it, 'fuck the guy who's gonna be working on this car'. I'm warming up to it though.
I would have liked an LS or SC400, they seem nice and comfy.

Just beg for more money