How Practical are Impractical cars?

After experimenting for an hour or so, I found I could load (with spare tire/emergency supplies) 3 duffle bags, 3 suitcases, and 5 backpacks into an AW11 without hurting my comfort/vision in the drivers seat.

It made me wonder if people underestimate the practicality of supposedly "useless" cars, and their ability to get by in life without surrendering to boring econoboxes they think they need. Do you think people, even rational ones, overestimate what they need in a car?

Also kinda curious what other impractical cars can carry. What can you fit in a Miata/S2K/etc?

I always wonder about those reviewers who say that you can't grocery get or commute in your Ferarri or Lambo or whatever.

Toss that shit in the passenger seat, dumbass. And if you have a passenger, well, they have a lap, right? Here, hold my briefcase, put those groceries in the footwell too, kthanxdoll.

Okay now take that shit onto a gravel road with some hills and try to maintain 50MPH/Commy speed

Ever seen the stock Pirellis on an F40? The blocks are about the same size and depth as BFG All Terrains.

Just remembered I had a pic

>you can't grocery get or commute in your Ferarri or Lambo or whatever
Speed bumps and ramps would probably be a bit of a pain. It's bad enough when stancefags try.

Pretty dank but it's the suspension and ride height that might fuck you.

That and reliability/commonality of parts. Think about this: Can you service your Twin Turbo 2.9 in the desert with a toolbox?

Your average american seems to think that they need to take their entire family though a snow storm to get milk, every single time. I ended up buying an awd car for the 4 times a year we get enough snow and kinda regret it since 90% of the time all that is worthless when it's taking me and my lunchbox to work

Yeah I bought a small car and everyone was like "WHAT IF YOU NEED TO MOVE???". Okay who moves that often and there's this thing called U-haul. Even if I had a huge truck, I'd still get a U-haul van because its easier to load things into them since new trucks are so high up.

I fit a 32 inch Sony Trinitron CRT in my NA Miata using the passenger seat and I've gotten other furniture in there too, some that actually wouldnt fit in a normal 4 door sedan because it was too tall but the Miata is convertible. I guess if you always have a passenger with you then the small size is a problem, but I don't.

Is getting a large car just for those 1 or 2 times you'd need the large size a year really worth getting something you don't exactly want? Apparently so in America.

>tfw live in the Rockies almost in Canada and move around in northern states approx every 2 years.

Yeah who needs capable rugged 4x4 vehicles amiriteguys?

Last time I went to the southern states, I met some guy who bought a jacked up truck only because "sometimes it snows in the winter." Like, even if we pretend that any vehicle can't defeat a few millimetres of snow, would it really hurt you to take public transport a couple days of the year?

any 2+2 car the rear seats are luggage racks most of the time
same thing with hatchbacks

This is relevant to me because I want an MR2 spyder as my college commuting car. Good balance of handling/reliability/fun. They're also much easier to find than clean mk2/mk1s, at least in the new England area.

after some browsing, i found that not only do you need to replace the fuel tanks every 10 years, but it is a 20 hour job and costs $15,000 to do so

also, these cars are low as crap, the seats are meant for 30 minutes of tracking at a time (and they have harnesses which are awful to DD), the clutch is like trying to train a stubborn horse, and you always have that weird suspicion in the back of your head that the whole thing might catch fire

Doesn't the Spyder lack a rear trunk? The front one is a tighter fit too I think.

You should be able to get a backpack behind each seat and a couple suitcases in the passenger area

>I'm a special snowflake, so everyone should drive big 4x4s

>loving in a cold place makes you a special snowflake

Don't tell the fuckin yankees they're already full of themselves

it's crazy how they survive just fine with subarus and other crossovers

I used a Boxster as my one and only car and daily driver for nearly 2 years...
- Once I was a work when a snowstorm hit and had to drive home in white-out snow. I had snow tires, and traffic was crawling so I wouldn't have been able to get home any faster if I had an SUV.
- Once I have to arrange for delivery for something (Ikea) that I could have hauled home myself if I had an SUV. One delivery charge in 2 years doesn't justify an SUV.
- I fit a full 3-piece luggage set in the car (one in the frunk, one in the trunk, one in the passenger seat).

>it's funny how subarus are primarily owned by Californians and old hippy ladies who don't go off paved road but once or twice a year to visit their friend who has a couple horses.

Haha special snowflake confirmed. Me and the other millions of people who love in Northern areas and areas with rough terrain are totes 1 in a million extreme cases.

>tfw you faggots rag on a 4x4 vehicle that doesn't scrape the ground all year until I have to pull you out of a snowbank.

Then you want to pay me, wish you'd have just bought something to fit your environment instead.

I dd an s2k (u amd) and am wage slaving at a mid sized technology business. I took out the spare tire, and the tool kit in the bottom. I was able to fit 3 monitors in the back, 6 small form factor PCs, and 2 more monitors in the front seat and 4 more PCs in the foot area in the front.

If I were moving I'd be screwed obviously but I'd just rent a truck. People around here in the south always focus on the one day where you wouldn't be able to haul something and then their whole purchase focuses around that while they never have any fun and overpay for some gas guzzler when 99% of the time the bed is empty.

>front lift kits

Dunno the models but some supercars have hydraulic lifts to give you the extra 2-3 inches you need to get around in a city.

they say it's because they need to haul something

really it's because they all don't like to think that they'd be the one taking the brunt of the damage in a wreck