/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Best Monster Edition

>News
-gematsu.com/2016/09/monster-hunter-hollywood-movie-announced
-capcom-unity.com/monster_hunter/blog/2016/07/28/monster-hunter-generations-2016-tour-kicks-off-in-toronto-on-aug-6th

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHFU, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

minyoung.ch/calculatingpalicox/
youtube.com/watch?v=j1WeQIYnyzo
youtu.be/3p7a1K8q6Es?t=1m45s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Second for monster hips!

hot

Monster Hunter Generations? more like Dragonite Ore Hunter Generations!

4th for mute huntresses

5th for I want to be Moofy!

6th for remember to blacklist all raw sns users!

For the good of the community.

Why the fuck is Dragonite Ore so god damn scarce in Gen anyway? I can't think of any good reason.

>tfw simply can't into Adept IG and CB

It sucks so much

>raw sns are not viable!!
here, let me post you a few examples, you are free to check on your own on minyoung.ch/calculatingpalicox/ to convince yourself that you're fucking wrong

here's akantor's sns in a full savage set (sharp+2, razor sharp, bludgeoner with tali)

I used the Steve SnS until I could make the Memeblade Memevenus Sword and Memeld

>He isn't a solo hunter

It's the same thing with the endless gathering quests, an artificial way to make the game last longer.

this is with toka armor + hayabusa mix

>Razor Sharp
>Bludgeoner

Why is this allowed but Sharpness+1/Razor Sharp forbidden?

Use piss zin instead

now let's look at a better thunder sword, same set

>not alatreon sns

beat my time

>by only one second

>first time ever going on a charm run
>didnt get X since I couldnt afford a jap ds and x at the time
>everyone is wating at the gate
>I eat quickly eat before grabbing quest
>"you're such a shitter"
>"fuck you"
>"X has left"
>"X has left"
>"X has left"
>suddenly become a /mhg/ scapegoat meme
>all because two autists got pissy their charm run prep took an extra two seconds

stay sweet, mhg

would fat monsters give more carves

I originally posted this image in /mhg/ a few days ago. I demand you cease operations immediately.

and finally, let's look at a better raw sns

as you can see, raw sns can be even better than element sns if you're not shit

>go to upgrade weapon
>don't have enough money

What the fuck. I don't recall this being much of an issue beyond low rank in any other game.

I guess?

Huge money gap from LR to HR.
You go from 2000~ an upgrade to 12000.

Shit is retarded.

Good, now do that event Ivory Lagi in MH3U super fast so I can learn from you.

>Doing anything but turn rooms with /mhg/
>Not wordlessly entering a randoms charm run and doing whatever fucking method you like best
>Not hacking in the best 'legit' charms into your save

It's almost like you deserve it

Finally, Tetsu gets the recognition it deserves.
Best monster.

But Rathalos is weaker to Dragon than Thunder and Alatreon SnS is a beast.

Event Ivory Lagi is way tankier than Amatsu.
Couldn't even sub 20 him back in the days.

Why the fuck do people make pointless shit like this up? I can't think of any good reason.

>Adept IG

Actually, they wouldn't. Zimzam only gives 3 carves even if you kill it while it's fat

> tfw you snipe a Melynx across the map with Essence Hunter III

Could you sub 30 at least? because the best video on youtube is 40 or something minutes.

He's all right, I guess, but he's no Wacha.

fair enough, but the end result is still not drastically different, if the monster has generous hitzones raw sns can be on par and even beat elemental sns (as I said, you can check for yourself)

Skills and charm? I'm guessing WE, focus, crit boost, and dreadking.

It took me about 22-25 minutes or something with duals but I'm sure I saw some Japanese guy do iz sub 20 with the Miralis LS.

Take that back

>playing CB in 4U
>Can't bring myself to use regular discharges knowing that it'll just weaken by AED

kill me

Sorry, man. I didn't mean it. Tetsucabra is KECHA WACHA IS BEST MONSTER

Dreadking Soul, Focus, Weakness Exploit, Earplug and Crit+1.
Charm was Focus+5, Expert+6 OOO

I also recorded it, but I'd rather get sub 6.

adept IG is shit anyway
adept CB though, thats fun

Instead of killing you, I'll save you and tell you that you're playing CB wrong. You're doing the ultra AED that ends your shield charge and uses every phial right? Don't do that ever. There are times when you should do that but for now just don't do it ever.

Wow, that's impressive (both your time and the japanese guy). I'm finding 3U's GR to be more fun than 4U's, it feels more home-y and comfy, not to mention that not having Apex shit makes everything better overall.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

in MHGen, SNS has the affinty oils, those are the only melee weapons with such a thing, right?

It is, your main attacks are Draw, Up, Down, Side and Round Slash, Alatreon is much better than both raw options.

but it makes me feel manly when I KO fallen monsters in a single hit

I wasn't very fond of underwater combat and I "enjoy" Apex a but more than Hyper monsters.

Yeah but then you have no shield charge and no phials so you can't do anything with the KO you big gay.

Well, I have a CPP and it doesn't bother me much, though it took me some time getting used to it.

About that Ivory Lagi, I just found this video:

youtube.com/watch?v=j1WeQIYnyzo

I've seen a ton of his videos but apparently I was dumb enough to skip this one, heh.

My meme my rules

1. am a medium gay
2. If i'm not supposed to use it during a big opening then when am i supposed to use it

>aggregate damage values
when will you fucktards learn.
stop that shit.

oopsie

Adept IG isn't that bad, it's just very situational if compared to the other Adept weapons. I've seen a lot of people flinging shit at Adept GS as well but I kinda like it.

The only weapon with oils, yes.

You can use it when you're absolutely sure the monster will die from it. Like 100%. They went and nerfed the CB but like capcom, they nerf it too hard. Only the introduction of styles saved it from being garbage.

You're supposed to use it when it will kill the monster so the total depletion of your resources won't fuck you up you huge gay. However you aren't good enough to know when that will happen.

This is 4U, pre-nerf

I am the intermediate gay

I started it. And I'll end it.

>posting buddha
you're alright son
I recommend you use energy blade instead
its more powerful, and doesnt use up your red shield
also its cooler

Ok so my little venture with new skill setups didn't go so well. Spent the better part of two days getting the stuff to make
>Heavy up
>Focus
>weakness exploit
And the cosmic squid bow. Heavy seems extremely underwhelming.

>join a 1/4 turns room
>host puts up their quest
>do their tedious mission with 3 people
>win
>they immediately disconnect
>other guy disconnects because he sees host disconnect
People who do this should be gassed

People only use turn rooms as traps for people to do their tedious shit then leave

What is Heavy? Is it a new shot type? I haven't really messed with bows in Gen yet.

Heavy is a new shot type in generations, used for breaking parts with a really short ranged critical distance

It sounds cool but is actually fucking garbage

Did it specifically say turns room? Maybe you caught them on the final turn. It's unlikely though.

Sounds annoying to use.

What style?

Do you still target the hindlegs of a monster to trip it if the skeleton seems to put more weight on the forelimbs? (e.g. Rajang, Tigrex, Steve)

Bonus question: For a monster on all fourslike Zinogre or Zimzam or Popodrome, do both sets of legs share the same trip threshold or is it better to target one set of legs to get the trip?

Guild

>There is no easy way to get rare steaks outside of fucking up steak cooking yourself
>You can't trade for raw meat
Will the latter thing at least change once I unlock my HR? I'm already HR7 so I can just burn through keys but holy fuck this is a quality of life feature I need right now.

Tetsucabra should have been a flagship desu

The only GS style worth playing.

I want kecha to molest my throat with her proboscis!

Pretty good example of a guilt free save edit.

>Furious Ranjag
>Savage Deviljho
>Raging Brachydios

Why is anger the only emotion in Monster Hunter? Why not a Clinically Depressed Great Baggi or an Elated Kecha Wacha?

Kecha is always elated. Just look at that fucker.

actually user, you can get rare steaks by using the felyne kitchen to cook steaks, which will usually give 1-2 rare steaks if you give them 10 raw meat. And you can trade for raw meat, so just keep looking for it.

Striker Style is, in combination with Punish Draw, very good against Ziongre, Tigrex and Garuga for example.

Chameleos looks pretty happy most of the time.

Sorrowful Zinogre

Eventually you'll be able to trade for raw meat.
I don't remember when though.

Fancy a mug, anons?

>clinically depressed great baggi

Oh look, it's me!

>Bulimic Deviljho

>not Critical Brachydios

Also Golden Rajang was better.

I want to provide emotional support to Clinically Depressed Great Baggi!

He'll just put you to sleep with his gripes about his alcoholism

Don't worry, I'm a felyne insomniac!

What makes it so good in that situation? Does it have anything I'm aware of besides the third art slot?

>No Basful Chameleos that's invisible 95% of the time

DEFEND THIS

Plump rumps

youtu.be/3p7a1K8q6Es?t=1m45s

I accidentally made this look when I was trying to make a gathering set. I added addled beers to complete the look.