Mr2 General

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hy8OfoqvVFs
youtube.com/watch?v=leMM-MIRLf8
sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/5685190421.html
primemr2.com/store/p453/MKI_GEN4_3SGTE_engine_mounts.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

white rims look like poo otherwise dope car

I don't like the AW11 engine bay. Too tight, too messy, too much exposed electrics.

The fuck you talking about.

Yeah i just see intake shit everywhere that pisses me off. It looks quite a bit cleaner if you get rid of EGR system.

This is my ugly looking 4age

So remove things.
Its not hard to do.

My AW11 hit 45k over the weekend woo
Also my parking brake light on the dash now randomly comes on if I go over speedbumps too fast...

Check your switch. Its easy to access

the switch has a fetish for coming loose
just tighten it back down

i do miss that nippy blue bastard

was considering getting another one

I've put it on my list of to-dos for the weekend
I've got an intermittent short in my temperature gauge so I was afraid it'd turn out to be something like that but if the switch is a common problem then that's a relief

What can I remove?

Never wrenched before, don't know a whole lot

my 86 had a similar problem with it's temp gauge
cluster was fucked, just got a separate gauge

EGR
Almost all the vac lines if you dont care about TVIS.
most the intake tubing.
The airbox
Random things here and there

Night of fire

210K and counting fixing PO shit

I'm trying to keep it as stock as possible since I want to get it cleaned up to keep as a collector's car someday... Might be able to pick up a working cluster to replace it. You ever take the dash out of the car? I'm afraid to try and end up cracking mine

Are the second gen ones any good in terms of reliability? Speaking about the N/A euroversions, I've seen some clean looking ones with

Yes very much so.
3sge is a godly engine

youtube.com/watch?v=hy8OfoqvVFs

How hard is it to find a Twincharger kit for a first gen MR2?

Just hit 300k kilometers (186k miles)

Yes, mine has 3SGE

I think its mostly a DIY type of thing

I was thinking of putting either a turbo or a supercharger into mine but I'm not sure on what I want yet.

Turbo is mucho easy

>family member was going to give me his MR2 Spyder
>Silver, 32k miles, clean, garaged most of it's life
>Thunderstorm chain rolls through, lake that they're on floods, car ends up flooding being totaled
>tfw no MR2
FUCK

Coulda kept it anyway

I tried, but the damage was real bad. It was under 6 feet of water, interior got completely ruined, engine was inoperable, muck was in every little nook of the vehicle.

Kouki SW20s are easily in my top-10 list of "most aesthetically-pleasing" vehicles, possibly top-5.

I actually prefer the USDM lights with the black grill in the middle.

>not caring about TVIS

Enjoy your lower power

You have no clue what youre talking about

Why do you think TVIS exists

80s meme technology.
Go do some research.
Ive driven with and without TVIS active and there is no difference. Even dyno sheets from mr2oc show no difference.

Show me these dyno sheets then, TVIS is good for torque at lower RPM ranges

Mr2oc.com

wheels

I want to get a 2.Gen.
What are i thing i have to look for when buying one ?

From humble beginnings...

...come great things

>seperate engine/trunk hatches

dumping...

...dump

?

Dump & dumper

>mk1b with mk1a paint job
Why?

Are you fucking retarded?

Looks better.

Aesthetic

Ok yea I won't argue with that, I love the way my mk1a looks, but it kinda strikes me as restoring the vehicle incorrectly

One of these are for sale for about 2k and has 130k miles. Is it worth it? It's a second gen and I'm really interested. Anything I should watch out for?

would look way more aesthetic if they designed whole rear decklid to open up like a hatch. the Fiero actually executed this perfectly.

mk1a or mk1b?

I'm talking about looks wise, I know the mk1bs had better brakes but you can retrofit stuff like that.

youtube.com/watch?v=leMM-MIRLf8

>3:35

KEK!!! A real human bean!

The French think they are shit.

Is there a way to attach the MK1B OEM sideskirts without having to drill holes into your lower panels?

Sikaflex

I was kind of looking for a way to mount it but not having to worry about damage to the car if I choose to remove them later on.

Thinking of picking up a 92 MK2 Turbo. Anyone have recommendations on what to look for? Turbo was replaced at 58k miles, wires, plugs, and battery recently. Not sure about mileage. Seller wants 5.5k.

Is that hood packing taped shut?

Shit car general

MemeR2

P plate here, Should I get a SW20 Bathurst or wait until I get my full license and buy a GT instead?

Americunt here.
Explain the difference please?
Turbo VS NA?

Turbo=Banned
NA=Not Banned
Yeah Victoria laws are fucked

Any love for spyders?

I guess depending on the year. You guys got the more powerful 3sge.

Yus

Mr2 spider is my personal favorite
DAT lightness and handling I would totally put in a supercharged 2zz engine or a v6 in it

As a person going into service and unable to buy a car and use it rn, would it be smart to buy an MR2 in a year and storing it until I get out instead of just buying in 5 years? The reasoning behind this is because mr2s in SoCal are pretty inexpensive currently, and I fear that the depreciation curve is going to end and start getting too expensive if I wait.

I'd love to own one, I have no idea why, but I just love that little thing

Yeah i would

It's the lightest and best handling of the three generations. And it's often overlooked, so the prices aren't rice taxed.

Are you kidding me? Most of them cost much much more than the other gens of MR2s.

Not here in SoCal. It goes 9-12k for a turbo 2nd gen or supercharged 1st gen. Clean spyders go for about 6-8k. Same for NA second gens. Then AW11 for 4k and below.

With that kind of taste no wonder why they got rekt in ww11

Alright, fuck this, I've been saving up for a long time to get a car to fuck with and I have WELL over the amount to get either a Mk3 Supra or a MR2 AW11 to learn how to wrench. HOWEVER, I want to do drastic shit to it over time.

Questions, and I've been researching for quite some time:

>is it better to just turbo the 4A?
>is swapping a 3SGTE + S54 tranny easy? for a beginner?
>is the MR2 friendly for beginner wrenchers?

I've read up the 4A is piss easy to work on, but fuck that noise, I want to make a mk1.5 badly. I've read a lot that the once you swap in the 3S it'll be a PAIN IN THE ASS to do work since the engine bay will be even more cramped; have to remove the entire engine to just do a timing belt change. I've also read a lot that if you do a S54 + 3S you do not have to weld new engine mounts and just use the stock ones.

I live in Las Vegas, and I went to look at one today. Barely any rust and for $2k. High mileage, but that's where the engine swap comes in. It's either 4A black top + turbo or just say fuck it and 3S it.

This would only be a weekend car, not my DD, so I do not mind if It'll be dead weight in my back yard for awhile as I fix her up and do the swap slowly and correctly. Seeing the price of a S54 + 3S, it's easily in my means and with the other shit tacked on, still in my spending means easily.

I think they look weird, I like some of the kits though. Also in Australia they only came with weird automated manual transmissions. Also mr2 = less practical than equivalent miata

Found this on my local Craigslist today

sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/5685190421.html

>those bolt holes
I don't like spoilers on my cars but I would take one over having rainwater rustpockets all over my car.

I'm looking buying a 92 SW20 3sge that was used as a track car.

Has a roll cage and decent tires and break pads. Engine rebuilt 6000km ago.

The ones thing I'm worried about is the transmission which will have been thrashed on the track.

How difficult is it to replace the transmission?

wut.. that shit aint even noticable in my mr2 until like 4.2k

Hey guys
I bought an MR2 but I think it has a factory mistake, the engine is in the front??? How do I fix this

I'm the user who dd his aw11 and it's still going strong. I just changed the spark plugs and cables yesterday.

Kick ass brotha.
I DD'd mine for 3 years till a bmw hit me.
Had a bit over 220k miles and had no sign of slowing down.
Stupid bmw...

primemr2.com/store/p453/MKI_GEN4_3SGTE_engine_mounts.html

So what's stopping me from buying an AW11 with a blown engine for like 1k, buying this mount kit for 650, and a gen4 3SGTE for another 1k? You'd have a stupid fast car for like 3k.

That sounds retarded

Pretty much.

Mandatory Mister Two pasta

>story of my life
Its scarey how true this is for me

I'm really torn between if I like the older 1985 clean look without the front lip and sideskirts or the Supercharged later look with the skirts and lip.

Fiero > mr2

I love that interior.

>ywn get stock seats that are red instead of white
FUCK my ass family

Because it looks like a Twingo.