Plastidip Thread

Hey br/o/s, I have a 2007 Ford Focus hatch with an aftermarket turbo. I'm looking into dipping it to look like the photo attached. What does Veeky Forums think of plastidiping? I don't want the paintjob forever and I'm on a budget so this seems like a good option.
Also for the pro-dippers, how much dip should I get? Can or gallon? Help a new dip-fag out.

Here's my girl in case anyone wanted to see her, shes got a dinged up hood but shes a beast

Cool car, OP! Plastidipping is a great option for you - don't let nay-sayers and dimestore "purists" stop you from having some affordable fun with your hot hatch - that's what these cars are all about, after all.

For an '07 Focus hatch, plan to get about four.

Checked
Is getting gallons better than cans? If so Why?

I put my Focus into a tree at 100 KM/H, got airlifted to hospital with internal injuries.
Loved the thing to death.

The aftermath of that looks about 100 times better than your shitbox.

jesus christ thats a proper wankers car

no surprise you would want to butcher it, no brains in that noggin

>dip-fag
lol tf

A wheel takes a can, so a full body would take at least 20.

Be sure do do multiple coats and don't spray thick at all on first coat.

easy there boy, where you going with that insane 1.4?

mk1 car, mk2 front... that thing is a pile of crap...

are you like, genetically retarded?

where should we start...

> mk1 car
> mk 2 front
> black rims
> 4 lug pattern, certainly is the version with least power
> fast&furious style plastics
> ill fitting bumpers
> blacked out windows
> gotta-go-fast aileron
> blacked out or missing badge
> dirty

That thing is a pile of shit and you show absolutely no conception of doing something pleasant to the eye. You clearly are just one more of those with a mediocre brain that simply ruins every car they land their hands on.

OP, how can that car be a 2007, when that body is clearly a MK1 Focus (albeit as some other posters have said, with a MK2 front fitted), and MK1s were sold from 1997 to 2004?

Have you been scammed?

Great reading comprehension here.

The irony...

No Its a between year, the 07 is technically a Mk1.5. Its super hard to get parts for.
Thanks for your input, the "cheap plastics" are actually the OEM kit. Thanks though shitloard.
Read above faggot

That's the model that still has manual windows, right?

How about you clean it up before you spray it with $500 worth of shit that'll come off in a few weeks. Or better yet drive it off a bridge and buy something decent.

delet it

lmao

>bought a car that has shit plastic crap all over it stock
>"I-it's ok, it's s-stock"

lel

Guess what, I work for Ford. There is no such thing as mk1.5. Gent bent faggot.

Who you tryin to trick?!

> OEM kit

OEM as in made in uncle Mao Tse-Tung fairyland replica OEM, right? Cause it looks like shit.

> 4 lug pattern

Op, please dont tell us thats the 55 hp one...

spitfire drawings on a 55hp car...

>Inb4 implying it doesnt look like shit on anything other than their original location

Car has power everything, 50thousand miles, and a full turbo kit. I bought it from a wholesaler and put a stage 2 clutch in it, runs well. I want to change my style.

Can you show me what a 2007 focus hatch looks like then? Obviously I'm autistic so show me Mr. Professional Ford man

How does it look like shit?

Almost forgot, Its fords SAP (street appearance package)
Fucking google it

You literally bought factory rice
It still looks like a shit ricer desu
I puked when I saw it

Dipped my wheels and the front of my bumper. Doing large areas if the car without a proper spray gun set up powered by either compressed air or an electric turbine will look like shit unless you're really good at what you're doing. (I. E. Don't rattle can your whole car with dip)

A turbine gun and a couple of gallons of whatever dip you want shouldn't cost mode than a couple of hundred dollars.

However to get the look and design of the car pictured will require a lot of painting know how to get the distressed look as well as some fine stencil work and what looks to be five different colors of paint at least. Expect the materials needed to dip thst yourself to exceed the cost of getting your car powdered in a solid color. Additionally, expect the headache of fucking up, or it not being up to par with your expectations to far exceed anything you might have thought. The guys who do these custom dips are professionals and artist who get paid a lot of money (and charge a lot of money) to do these things.

>yellow fog lamps
>doesn't run HIDs
Do you even into lighting properly?

i had a cuz that had one of these.

what is it about 200x focus's that attracts retards?

Only faggot boyracers dip their shit. Gtfo.

i dipped my grille in a couple of layers and it works

keeps rocks and chips off

or you could've just bought a replacement part or had it repainted.

Lol you do know the point of plastisol is to protect parts especially original parts

>you could have just spent $100 to do it my way instead of $20 to do it your way. Obviously you can see the strength in my arguement now.

Lol the guy is a retard no question

Gonna plastidip my 1000 rims just to piss him off

>i'm a kid who can't afford to do the job right

Is that Focus running 4 spare tires? I like how it looks like a Spitfire, much better than the rice of the past.

After five applications, what happens when you break the $100 mark (>implying a fuckoing grille is $100)? When you want to sell it, what happens when they notice your cheap dip job?

I just bought it. :( I want to update the lighting but it's not an immediate concern of mine.

You do realize a can of Plastidip is like $4 a can, right? And that it literally peels off.

Don't bother plasti-dipping your car when it has body damage. It will just look like some ricers shitball "custom"

Only body damage is the hood and I'm planning on rusting that like pictured above.

Are you the faggot who was making fun of me saying it was cheap parts? Puked from the dick you were gobbling

>I'm planning on rusting the hood
Yep, shitball ricer

Can you tell me what exactly is wrong with rusting a hood?
I personally think its a cheap alternative to ya know, buying a new fucking hood, which would run me an extra 200 I don't have right now, at least until I can buy a new one

It looks like shit and is something only stancefags and stupid ricers do

Thanks for proving my argument. Only poorfags dip any part of their car.

Yeah, stancefags are the only people who dig rust
>Pic related

Sorry not everyone can afford to dish out $4,000+ every time they want to change the color of their car. Thats the whole fucking point. A cheap alternative to painting. How autistic are you?

Who the fuck wants to change their car's color? No one. Buy the color you want from the start.

So every person who has every painted their car ever is stupid?
Why don't cars come stock with pinstripes, flames, logos, ect.?
And what if you find the perfect car but they only have it within your pricerange in yellow? Is that car junk and you should go buy a different one?
You sound fucking retarded

Had a $600 81 Celica GT with the most horrific TJ Shit paint job. It used to be Red but faded to pink and was cracked.

15 Black Cans of Plastidip later. It held up nicely even in a Carwash with brushes and air blowers.