What kind of helmet should I get...

What kind of helmet should I get? On one hand I dont want people to think I'm a lame pussy and on the other hand I don't want to split my head open.

what options do I have to maximize badassitude?

Get a dirt bike helmet.

Get some old war helmet or full face if its a sports bike

You'll look like a lame pussy when you're fucking dead. Get something as safe as you can.

>On one hand I dont want people to think I'm a lame pussy
Just wear a bandana so you can die knowing you looked cool crashing through a minivan window

>aviators
>leather
>spikes
Problem solved

>maximize badassitude
Badassitide comes from surviving. Buy a proper helmet, shitdick.

Don't be an idiot. Full face especially if you're a new rider. Half helmets are fuckin stupid imo. And skull caps are for for cruisers for appearance only. I always use a full face on my sport bike and dyna. My friend who's been riding for 30+ years rides his Electraglide with a full face to this day. Another friend went down on his fxr wearing a skull cap and regrets it

I have a Pyrotect full-face.

It's 7 years old though, but whatever.

Simpson outlaw bandit

You look like a cuck. I dont want people making fun of me for looking like a cuck.

Sounds like you something along the lines of the Bell Rogue?

>not goose's mask

Biltwell gringo

Nexx xg100

Bell Moto 3 (coming in fall)

Shark vancore/raw

Biltwell Gringo S

All the protection of a half helmet, with the comfort of a full face.

As a bonus it screams try hard bane fag.

Having worked in the ER of a state with no helmet laws, get one that covers your face. You'll wish you hadn't worn a helmet at all otherwise senpai.

>I dont want people making fun of me

Awwww, you've got low self-esteem and care about what random people think about you.

How beta.

Also, that was a pic from 6 years ago.

>7 years old
I'd probably replace it. Five years is about my maximum.

>not wearing a Pickelhaube

Yes

Pic related

They don't look as cool in person.

I know, but I haven't used it since 2014 when the only public track in my state (pic related - TGPR) stopped doing open track days.

depends on your bike

>Having worked in the ER of a state with no helmet laws

Tell stories please.

ha ha

no

I wouldn't have a face right now if I didn't have a full face helmet.
My skulls would have been smeared across the road. Just my $.02

shark raw

but if you fall on your face say goodbye to it

4 u

This or the Bell Bullit

It has nothing to do with frequency of use. The styrofoam on the inside gets brittle over the years, and they say 5 years is when it becomes brittle to an unsafe level.

Pretty sure they are also fucking shit for safety, not ECE-rated at least. That should be a red-flag right there

Track helmets for cars won't protect you in a motorcycle accident, at least not as good as a fullface

Track helmets expose much more of the neck in order to make room for hans devices

seems like is no helmet vs getting a cage/car

i never noticed how shitty all the bikes in pistoleros gang were

shit

Simpson actually makes motorcycle specific helmets now. The helmet posted is one of them.

The helmet is SNELL/DOT rated. There are reason to not like it (a shitty visor system and bad venting being two examples) but it's pretty darn safe.

Full face Arai with whatever graphics on it float your boat. You'll look like a massive pussy when you're dead or even worse shitting and pissing yourself because you can't control your own bodily functions anymore.

Why do some helmets cost 800 dollars and some only cost 200? is there really that big of a difference in how plastic is made? like what is the difference? sorry i've only been riding for a few months and bought a seven 0 seven helmet.

what is the difference between a helmet that costs over 500 vs a 200 one?

weight
shape
air flow
noise

All improve the more you spend.

Yep. These factors all ultimately contribute to comfort. Had an el cheapo fleabay helmet that was dot certified, but it was such a heavy piece of shit. Couldn't wear it for more than 10 minutes without wanting to rip it off. Spent some money and got a Bell bullitt helmet and it was night and day.

Construction, materials used (CF, fibreglass etc), design (vents, pinlock visor etc) and comfort (materials, design, sound level) and weight.

If you care about what other think about you while you're riding, you're riding for the wrong reasons.