/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>Brand new edition

Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Vids:
>Supercharged B16
youtube.com/watch?v=IwXo5PthJlI

>Blown K20
youtube.com/watch?v=gdOJsZESTlA

>user shows teaches us what an aa valve is
youtube.com/watch?v=6IdCwmC624c

>user's Skunk 2 Exhaust
youtube.com/watch?v=-xVSz2nTtn8

>How to adjust valves on a GSR
youtu.be/RDrw42_KuZY

>user shows us how to make cold intakes great again
youtu.be/rp2mlyP3bgI/watch?v=V3s0g-tjvPk

>Shingu's Exhaust (lel)
youtu.be/QLKcJL3PJ8k

>Who's trolling the /hg/?
youtube.com/watch?v=D938mAav7Ek

>user blogfags about his motor
youtube.com/watch?v=lDu-OrrPqJ8

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

civicx.com/threads/hondata-introduces-reflash-for-the-2016-civic-1-5t-turbo.4318/
youtube.com/watch?v=vpJHBghtpTw
fredericksburgpublicautoauction.net/1991_Honda_Civic CRX_Fredericksburg_VA_4151843.veh
youtu.be/QQX44qJSuC0
youtu.be/JwxZe9qX4A4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Civic
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I never realize just how much of a slow board Veeky Forums is until I see how long the threads last after bump limit.

I need to get a battery soon for the Corolla and I think that's it. Unless that junkyard alternator is fucked too.

Also thinking about a oil filter relocation kit for my hatch. Probably pick one up two oil changes from now.

It about to go really fast with Alphonse and Corey bombing Veeky Forums again

Good tidings /hg/ from /bmw/, hope you have flood insurance today.

Oh fuck I didn't even notice. Yeah the old thread dropped off a few minutes ago.

That nigga sure is easily entertained. It's been almost a year straight of the same old boring shit.

Fucking rain all week this week. I'm glad I have AC now so I'm not sweating my ass off with my windows up during work.

Got offered these today whilst looking for a stock set, why are they so tempting

Damn how old are those? I could only find one image of them on the car.

Oh shit nevermind they're just similar. They must be old as fuck then.

They are made for the cyber kit, which ive only ever seen in aus

That's crazy. CRX kits sure love that mesh.

You either love it or hate it, pretty on the fence myself

Kitted out CRXs are the first thing I think of when I think of riced Hondas. They're always so over the top.

I kinda want to do it myself just to get it out of my system but ill be sending a perfectly good car to the parts bin as soon as i decide to sell it

Somebody would drive it still. I had a guy come buy some wheels from me in a baby blue EG hatch with a body kit that looks like it was installed in the 90s. Love bugs really loved it for some reason because they swarmed in and around it. It was hideous.

kek, speaking of CRX's I have a rage story:

>brother is a miatafag, but has a CRX he drives from time to time
>gets rear ended by some fag in a genesis
>bro gets out of the car and says, "dude, what did you do to my car?"
>genesis faggot says, "YOUR CAR?? WHAT ABOUT MINE??"

fully triggered when I heard this story. Good news is, my bro turned a profit on the car. Insurance check was like $1500 or something absurd and he gets to keep the car

So has anyone used hondata tunes before? They pretty good and reliable? They got the stage 1 released for the '16 so I'm hoping they are working on stage 2 with intake/exhaust as that's about the main things I'm going to worry about with it.

Their software is top notch, but their base tunes are hit or miss, at least for the 8th gen. I'd say go for it, email vitviper and see if he offers support for an e-tune. What kind of numbers are they putting up?

>haven't shifted further than third gear since I bought my civic last week

Driving in the Phillipines sucks

CRX is what you think of when you think of rice? Hell around here All the ricers drive civics with there ear piercing fart cans.

civicx.com/threads/hondata-introduces-reflash-for-the-2016-civic-1-5t-turbo.4318/

thinking about getting a honda hatch from late 90s, EK EP maybe EF if I can find a super nice one. want it for MPGs and occasional mountain drives. currently have a miata as a sort of project/daily but I want a second car as a backup, something with A/C and room for four people/picking up wheels and parts if need be.

what say /hg/? wut hondas r gud

pic unrelated, photo of an odyssey from my recent japan trip

excuse the sideways photo, dunno why it posted like that

japan-market honda odyssey

youtube.com/watch?v=vpJHBghtpTw

Made the call to go with a K24A2 since it's going to be cheaper than I initially thought.

Also, how many seats do you guys have in your daily car?

Super cute pupper m8

thanks, she's great to have around. Also a major chick magnet.

>all those fucking toys everywhere though...like a little kid

It's been pretty dry today. I don't think it's supposed to rain today, whope at least I hope not.

Nah oem looks way better imo

That looks like a cheese grater at the bottom lol

What a shitty sticker setup.

One of my coworkers has it on his '12 Si. He said it's pretty good and still reliable. You should get it when they release the stage 2. You can feel a big difference and the guy said it's pretty worth it,

What car do you have?

I'm still working at it, but thanks for the honest feedback, user

Can the battery be trickle charged?
4. Missing middle seatbelt in back of em2 so im just going with 4.

Try to find the oldest clean one you can. You might have to fix the a/c though. If anything you can settle for an EP3 and be happy. Too bad theyre starting to get rare too.

Modular stickers don't look good angled like that. Just take em off and the rest is okay. Except for whatever is on your quarter panel.

Werd

Not sure. My roommate had the automotive dept at his work (Wal-Mart) look at it and they said it has trouble charging. Most likely due to my old alternator. I need it to hold on until after rent at least.

During my test drive last night the headlights flickered and I heard minor belt squeal.

Honestly, I don't think they look too bad as is, maybe I'll post it over in the stickerfag thread and see what the consensus is there.

the quarter panel sticker has gotten a few grils to laugh, so I'm keepin that one there.

If its not getting good charge in the car while hooked up you need to take it out and charge it. If the charge unhooked up is at or above 11volts you should be able to, but expect it to take 7-8 hours. I had to do this recently cause the break light stopper broke and my break lights ran battery down while i was on trip for a week. Alt would more likely be the issue from what you're saying unless you have some really bad relays. How old is the battery?

5 for now. I wouldn't mind getting a 2 seater dd and use the 5 seater when going out with friends/family.

If I remember it's from 2014. It still starts up fine so I'm expecting it to be the alternator since it's from a junkyard.

damn, if that's what can be expected from the 1.5, I can't wait to see what the si or type r puts down.

If the new si blows away the gti in terms of performance I might go for a lease

hey /hg/ i am planning on buying a 4th gen prelude with a shot engine, should i replace the engine with a normal h23a or should i order a v-tech version? is there an cons to the v-tech that i would not have with the non?

Yeah that battery should last a good 5 years unless you get a lot of heat or its cell blows. My last battery had a stick telling it to be replaced in 2007 we didn't have to change it till the fall of this year. I should have taken a pic of the corrosion.

the answer is always k swap, friend.

Does this seem like a good deal? It seems really clean for how many miles it's got and I've never seen a CRX with a VTEC swap before.

fredericksburgpublicautoauction.net/1991_Honda_Civic CRX_Fredericksburg_VA_4151843.veh

Just buy the cheapest engine you can get it running if you don't mind being slow. The vtec H engine will be faster but it'll most likely be more expensive.

Seems like a good deal. Mileage is okay for a 25 year old car and it looks pretty clean. It's probably bondo but I wouldn't mind.

Great, any idea what the engine is? If I had to guess it's a B series engine but I'm not entirely sure.

Yep it looks like a B16.

Just did my oil change that I've been putting off forever. This strong wind on the coast of lake Pontchartrain pisses me off.

Hit a bird on the way to work. Poor guy was too slow. ;_;

youtu.be/QQX44qJSuC0

Raw dash cam footage takes forever to upload. Happens right after crossing the bridge.

>tfw whenever I pull into my works parking lot at 20mph the crows all swoop right in front of my windshield and it's always really scary because I'm worried I'm going to hit them but then I never do

Yeah they always avoid my car. This was the one exception. Didn't expect it.

Is that a fuel pump?

Yep. Magnafuel "750" (mp4303). Don't know why my pic was posted from straya though.

I thought filter at first since it was outside the tank.

SLAM YOUR DOOR SOME MORE

Lel I was moving some waste fluid from the back of the car to the passenger foot well because it kept tumbling around back there.

>find clean em1
>it's on sikk rims with adjustable Raceland
You think if I asked he'd raise the car back up to stock height after I buy

>get to hear shingu's lil voice and his eurobeat
is this a dream come true

I sound so weird on there. Maybe it's just me.

What's the song that's playing in the video?

youtu.be/JwxZe9qX4A4

Ek9 front end on my tired ass ej8. Got the ek9 door panels in there too.

What color are you going to go with? Same red?

Champ white son

Mah nigger.

Are you going to paint the engine bay and jams too?

Hopefully, but probably later down the line after the exterior

is this an obnoxious fart can

Nice

/hg/,
This is probably a stupid question, but:
How do I know what generation of Honda civic I have?
I see you all post things like EJ6/EJ7/EK9, and I have no idea what mine is.

VIN check?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Civic

Scroll through the gens.

See one of the pics that look like yours?

There you go.

USDM 1996-2000 Civic DX, LX Sedan ---- EJ6

Cross-referenced with other websites as well.
Thank you.

Thinking about buying pic related. 1991 Integra, 5 speed. Seller wants $2700. Need a daily driver city car, is this a good choice? Seller claims car is "unmolested."

>Seller claims car is "unmolested."

That's exactly what a molester would say...

how complicated are front end swaps between civic generations

that is a pixel

Is supercharging a honda engine ever worth it or if you go FI should you always just turbo

Hi, I just bought a 2014 Honda Civic EX-L and I love the thing but I'm not so sure about the CVT thing. Has anyone ever heard of any reliability issues with CVT's specifically on honda sedans and stuff? I know they put a CVT on stuff like the CRV and Pilot but thats a whole different car.

I'm asking because its only really here on Veeky Forums and some fringe places on google that complain about CVT's.

I've only seen Turbos in civics and accuras. I haven't seen one with a supercharger but theres a first for everything I suppose right?

Nope. Ask for the two tools that you use to adjust them. I wouldn't if I was in his shoes. Or I'd charge you.

If I can hear you from a mile away then yes

>somebody deleted the hose that drains the water from the AC unit

Now my passenger foot well is soaked. Fuck.

You have a sixth gen m8
You'll hear people call it an EK sedan. It's technically wrong but it's street slang.

If it's OBO try to get it for 2.5k

I heard some people cut each fender in half and weld them together to make it fit altogether better.

Yea it's worth it.

Will that really work? There are two tools?

Yea. I also have ricelands on my civic. It came with two adjusting tools

How do you raise them? I'm scared. Two...tools?

I think the CVT's are more reliable. Honda hasn't had a recall for them yet like they did with the auto trans.

Yea you nigger. There's like 2 nuts on each strut one for adjusting the height and another to lock the height. Go google it or YouTube it. It's a little cramped though.

Jej I remember when one of the AC hoses for the frontier I used to drive did the same thing since it cracked or some shit.

Can I do this without lifting th e car? What if I fuck it up

poor little squawker

>somewhere out there, there's an user who dreams about hearing Shingu's voice

You have to lift the car up with a jack at least