How the fuck can Japan Racing completely copy legitmate wheel designs like these...

How the fuck can Japan Racing completely copy legitmate wheel designs like these? How the original manufacturers don't sue the fuck out of them? I'm pretty pissed about it.
In europe these JR wheels got so hyped they even put them on top tier cars like GTRs and RS audis and so on. How these people can afford cars like this, and not support legit wheel manufacturers by buying their legit wheels? I can't get it.

Their newest wheel is a complete knockoff of enkei rpf1.

Whats so special about some stupid fucking wheels?

This. What kind of an autist learns all of the names on these and then spergs on about them. They're cylinders with shapes in them, this is your point of attention?

What? The original manufacturers take hundreds of work hours and money on designing new wheels, testing them, and everything. Companies like JR just simply copy them and sell them for fraction of the original's price. You get my point?

Yeah, if people just want the looks then they're not going to shell out their life savings on wheels. If people actually wanted quality, then they're going to buy something that isn't dog shit.

Copying a design happens all the time, plus its only a fucking wheel so its not like the design was special to begin with.

Yes

Lightweight quality materials or something at a premium price. Companies make cheap knockoffs out of shit materials which are fine for stancefag purposes but useless on the track.

Yeah I know, but 'useless on the track', nigga they're wheels, if they turn that means they're okay. It's not like they make copies out of painted dog shit.

>those shit tier bbs reps

lmao

OP here. I get how they shave off from the price with shit materials and all. I just wonder how the original manufacturers of these designs dont sue the fuck out of these knockoff brands.

yeah but if you hit a pothole at 100 with a replica it will break apart to million pieces, while a quality wheel only bends. I think it's quite important.

Because I highly doubt you can patent the design of a wheel

That's sad.

This

Pic related

Because, faggot, how many ways can you think of to make a wheel?

It's impossible to prove anybody copied anything because it's a basic geometric shape with minor design flair.

And really, who gives a shit. The reason people buy fakes is because they don't want to spend $3-4k on wheels when they're not going to the track every weekend.

There's also the argument of wheel strength, and people who go 'hurr your rota would snap on a pothole'
GOOD. I want my fucking $300 wheel to break rather than do $3k+ of damage to the suspension.

you have to replace them anyway

Because you wheel autists are ignorant to the fact that making a wheel that looks like another wheel is not by any measure illegal.

i despise fake wheels, but man, some of the manufacturers deserve it
when you buy something like rays of course you buy something that's in a completely different league than these fucking knock-offs, but you are also taxed for the logo
and that's coming from somebody who owns genuine, forged vintage SSR wheels

if anything the fact that these knock-off exist should make you happy
at least you can laugh at these faggots who can't afford nice wheels, because when you compare fake to genuine the difference is clear as a day

are you retarded? if the wheel will crack you will end up with WAY more damage, not to mention it will be way more dangerous

>$3k+ suspension damage
>who runs rep wheels on $3k+ in suspension mods
>faggots that's who

Kinda how mazda took thousands of work hours and money on designing new cars, testing them, and everything. Then companies like ford just simply make a copy and sell it for a fraction of the original price.
But the point is. The quality isnt there on the knock off.

not the greatest of examples here m8
see also: RX-7 FC and porsche 944

jokes aside, why should you care
a retard who buys knock-off wheels wouldn't buy a good wheel in the first place

and sooner or later they will get what they deserve anyway, when their knockoff wheel obliterates on a straight road

Rota employee pls go. We don't want your gravity casted air pocket ridden wheels

>15515339
aside from the durability a forged wheel (or cast in a proper technological process) will be also lighter, and dissipate heat from the breaks better

go on, google how important unsprung weight is, and what difference does a lightweight wheel make

fuck, i wanted to quote this post

this is a board for automotive enthusiasts. why the fuck are you fucking queers even here?

Are you 12?

Of course you can, and they do.

Wheelfags drive me nuts. You faggots are just as bad as sneaker faggots, obsessing over your "genuine" wheels like it matters, pretending that every non top-brand wheel out there is a literal counterfeit and is seconds away from catastrophic failure at any moment.

>I get my parts from ebay

>yfw I actually did get my Alpina wheels on ebay and they're way better looking and much cooler than your diamond dozen BBS RS

>Alpina

Ayy they're not forged

Alpina wheels are ugly as fuck breh.

Keep telling yourself that matters with your never-sees-a-trackday stanced out shitbox

It's not even stanced, shitcunt

Quit posting other people's cars, and hideous ones at that

>He can't afford 3 mercs

>he's a valet with a few mercedes keys kicking about and is posting from work

I'm at home m8

Because people are automotive enthusiasts, not fucking wheel enthusiasts.

>car wheels not being apart of being an automotive enthusiast

Who goes to a meet and can't name what sick mawds they have on their shit or when someone asks
I don't go saying a roush mustang is just a mustang,"IT'S A ROUSH MUSTANG"
An enthusiast is enthusiastic, not,"uhh it's just a car", there's gotta a be more to it.

I don't have 'shit mawds' on my car.

Nice car senpai

Why is your care being quarantined?