What can I afford with 1300 dollars? 90s Civics, Accords, Acuras, Corollas, Tercels, Miatas, come to mind...

What can I afford with 1300 dollars? 90s Civics, Accords, Acuras, Corollas, Tercels, Miatas, come to mind. Really only gonna use it for driving to work and the occasional hang out with friends. I just don't want it to die on me. Am I too much of a poorfag for these cars?

Other urls found in this thread:

vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/cto/5686484255.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Merricuh?

Alot

Everywhere else?

Milage will vary

>Miata
>1300

No

Maybe a semi-shit Civic/Corolla

you can afford to save a bit more until you have closer to 2500-3000. of all the cars you listed, the only one you can probably find a decent example of for 1300 is the tercel. you could buy a neglected/riced out civic/corolla/miats, but the repair costs would blow your budget anyway. if you're really just looking for basic transportation, you could probably find a tercel or an older mazda protege for ~$1000, but for the other cars you named I would save a few more paychecks first.

>get old running v8
>???
>money pit
???

I got an aesthetically fair condition Cavalier with 94k on the clock for $1500. Internally it performs perfect so idgaf about rust or scratches, it's just a lovable old GM shitbox that is likely in its last home and will be a hand-me-down to my brother once he turns 16.

1300 is only going to get you anywhere if you're a mechanic. The Craigslist Special is real, and that's all 1300 will get you.

You'd say that $3000 would be ideal then? I'm thinking of buying from Craigslist at that price point, though. I'm kind of skeptical about used car dealers.

Thanks to everyone else for the tips by the way.

Are you in us? If you are what Craigslist area would you use? We can give you a few examples but like the others have said I would save up more before buying

1g neon. Quick cheap and reliable

i'm the user you replied to. yeah, i think that 3k could net you a good example of any car you listed (even the miata, if you look hard enough) with reasonable mileage and enough cash left over to do whatever minor work needs doing. there's really no problem buying from craigslist as long as you use your common sense (and watch some youtube vids about common issues you can check out before you buy). used car dealerships almost always jack the price up a few thousand on old economy cars in an attempt to get people to finance - i would avoid that.

A lot of things but they are going to be pieces of shit. Save up to 2k and get something decent, also gives a lot more room to bargain with

broken toyota corolla + scooter

if your commute is really short, and i was you id just get a boosted board or a scooter..save for a weekend car that is worth investing in, if you don't absolutely need a car then buying some shitbox for 1300 is gonna be a money pit. Unless you're a mechanic or a real enthusiast and you can fix it yourself then id say go for it but be careful of your choice. Anything you listed would work.

>Quick
Eh.
>Cheap
Yes
>Reliable
No

2nd Gen Neon's are just as cheap and are way more reliable. The bearings, mounts, rods, and struts last much longer than the 1st gen ones.

post craigslist

Man, I'm replying super late but I don't wanna leave you guys hanging

Nah, it's not very active from where I live but there's local classifieds as well. I'm from Puerto Rico. Also I can use newspaper classifieds so that's also a nice alternative.
Yeah I could consider something like scooter, But it's rather long from where I live (about 20 miles) with highways all over the place. I would love to bike if I could, trust me.

Get the tercel. They're slow as shit but they weight nothing so they handle pretty good for an economy car from the 90s.

get a corolla

Any good ol Toyota is fine with me to be honest. I just want to save up money on gas and these have decent MPG for old cars. Camrys not so much, but yeah.

Miata, from time to time one pops up for sale near me around that. Usually needs a little work, but nothing major.

5 speed geo metro/suzuki swift.
40+ mpg, comfortable little econobox, nice and quiet.

Not op but in a similar situation

I have 1500 cucknada dollars and im in vancouver i just want something to get to uni with

this is also a great idea, OP. i really don't know much about the used car market in PR, but a geo/chevy metro sounds perfect for you and can be had dirt cheap and get insane mileage

Thanks, I'll consider both of them if I find any in my area!

I'm assuming that the parents will pay the other expenses (title, registration, insurance, etc), because those add up.

Corolla or Civic and stfu.

That enough of a down payment to get you a bad ass 350z

Total Jew here.

You need $1500 minimum to get a not-shit car, real talk.

Shop at $2000-$3500 though and test the seller for any weakness.

Here's a civic for 500.

vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/cto/5686484255.html

you could find a beat up MG but good luck having it work reliably