How does this make Veeky Forums feel?

How does this make Veeky Forums feel?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-RIr3pACHiE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Manual fags BTFO

>Manual transmissions become the most powerful theft deterrent

Only a child would make a fuss, or an image over this non-issue.

wtf I hate manuals now

really makes u think...

>extinct
>99.99% of all people in Europe drive manual

Why is this feud even a thing. Manual is just how you drive a car. Automatic is if you can't drive a car.

Because the bitchy, lazy, incompetent, and generally retarded among us can't stand the fact that other people are magically able to do things they can't, do them with ease and even, holy shit, enjoyment.

They're like NEETs screaming about how nobody could ever want a job when you could live life on easy mode and shitpost in your moms basement

It's the same brand of faggot as the guy who can't change his fucking oil but can sit around in a waiting room while someone else does it for an extra $50 plus the cost of the oil and the filter

Cracked has been garbage since 2012. The image draws no reaction from me.

I first drove an automatic. When I got a manual for the first time, i never touched automatic again.

>the efficiency of a parasitic hydraulic system that allows the driver to use one hand to play pokemon go

inb4 shift times matter outside of fucking F1

I commute through the Austin during morning rush hour. You couldn't pay me to drive stick in that kind of traffic.

Try driving stick in a car that's meant to be a commuter instead of a sports car

>no reaction
>you replied anyway
shiggydiggydoodah

Americans are getting lazier and lazier. It's only a matter of time until they become too lazy to eat and drink, and just die off.

I have a 2015 fiesta sedan that is stick

its literally a breeze to drive in traffic the clutch is light as fuck.

Sure wouldn't want to do it in my friends miata or my old SE-R Spec V tho

It makes me feel like Alphonse stopped shitposting about you know what to move to this bait now.

Cracked hasnt put out a good article in several years. Most of the articles now have a political slant and have gotten increasingly preachy.

That said manual transmissions will always be an option in sports cars and I won't buy a car for me without one.

Makes me feel like Americans are lazy, thoughtless morons. Stick shifts still make up over 70% of new car sales in Germany.

Also sage for cracked.com horse shit.

Good job OP, you triggered them. It's hilarious they keep defending their shitty stickshifts when automatics are better in every way.

>Automatic is if you can't drive a car.
Please kill yourself.

>the rise of electric cars
>less than 1% of all new sales

Also fuck cracked.

I want nothing to do with any car built after government-mandated ABS / ESP / TC (2012+ in USA), so, I'm a little disappointed but it won't really effect me.

Disclosure: my 2nd car is a 2014 Wrangler. But hey, it's a 6-speed manual and I pulled all the ABS / TC / ESP fuses, so whatever.

>hurr durr the manual will become extinct
What these retards fail to account for is that the manual will always have a place in enthusiast cars and other niches

I just got a manual(2008 Civic si)

I feel good knowing my car is unlikely to be stolen, but bad that there are no wheel locks(PO didn't put them in) and that there is a $60 skunk 2 shift knob, nice stereo, and really nice seats in plain view

automatics win races. manual fags btfo

I'd like to know what's the "true" automatic share though, for all we know this decrease could just exist because pretty much every sportscar launched recently has dropped manual in favor of sequential and semi-autos.

autotragic fag spotted

>I pulled all the ABS / TC / ESP fuses
Are you fucking retarded? Why the hell would you do that?

Because it disables them.

I've actually worked in a factory making ABS / TC / ESP units (It's all the same unit) as a Quality Management Engineer (Bosch, Dorchester Rd, Charleston, SC, USA, Earth). I know a lot about them, how they work, and how they're tuned. I also have a decent amount of track time under my belt and know how cars respond to inputs. As long as the fuses only control the ABS/TC/ESP hydraulic unit then the braking system will still work, but will bypass all the "driver aids."

I hate when I'm taking a corner, about to oversteer, and the system randomly slams the brakes on me, throwing me off course and making me look drunk to everyone around.

I drove stick through L.A. morning rush hour.

You're just a pussy.

>How does this make Veeky Forums feel?

Elite.

Drove my manual through rush hour NYC traffic going to New Jersey vie the holland tunnel, wouldn't do it again because of asshole drivers, shifting wasn't an issue.

>Americans

I commute in Austin in morning rush hour with a manual. Doesn't bother me at all, you couldn't pay me to drive an automatic.

Shifting with the wrong hand, cuckoldry to the French must be rife in that shit hole.

I like and have both. Manual for blasting around country lanes, auto for commuting and city driving.

Anyone with a grudge against one or the other is too childish to even be taken seriously.

>I want nothing to do with any car built after government-mandated ABS / ESP / TC (2012+ in USA)
>Buys a 2014 wrangler with abs

C U C K
U
C
K

In 2012 49.4% of cars sold were manual, this is predicted to fall to 46.2% next year. For autos the numbers are 35.9% in 2012 down to 31.6% next year. It seems hybrid and BEVs are unsurprisingly taking sales from those who don't like to drive and it's the auto box that is going to die.

It makes me feel sad. I don't like the direction modern cars are headed.
>muh lap times
>muh infotainment
>muh smart-everything
I'll take a slower older car* that is more involving and feelsy over a much faster newer car with i-everything integration and a millisecond shift dual clutch transmission.

*As long as it isn't a miata.

... You clearly skipped over the part about me disabling abs / tc / esp...

Also, it was a "gift" from my parents who don't consider my 220k-mile miata reliable even though it is; I would have never bought a Jeep with my own money (except maybe a manual,inline-6 YJ).

I'm glad i live in a third world country

youtu.be/-RIr3pACHiE
This is what happens when you disable your ABS (and are a retard, but still) No human can pump the brake pedal faster than an ABS system can modulate it. I will agree driver aids are shitty but ABS is the one that I would never ever recommend disabling.

Go practice in a big empty parking lot. Put a cone up, then accelerate to 30 and do a panic stop to zero when you reach the cone, one time with ABS and one time without. Measure the distance it takes to stop.

You won't like the results.

>half mile drag races

who would want to steal a shitty civic si? It's a slow piece of shit...