Are new Mazda's worth buying?

Are new Mazda's worth buying?

Other urls found in this thread:

caranddriver.com/reviews/mazda-6-wagon-road-test
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>no ecoboost

No new car under like 40k is worth buying.

>Mazda 6
>no 6 cylinder option

They're pretty good in terms of driving dynamics, interiors, reliability, etc. More power train options would be nice. Or just something with over 200hp.

Nice meme

name one.

Yes, I like my '15 Mazda 3 hatchback almost as much as I could ever like a car

- inexpensive
- simple comfortable interior
- best steering of any compact car
- handles well
- 40mpg+ on my commutes
- can fit anything I want in the back
- very good looking

A mazda 6 wagon for 5k ticks all those boxes.

Any mazda or toyota.
Name one car above 40k worth buying

lol no, old Mazda 6s struggled to get 25mpg combined and good luck finding a 10+ year old wagon with reasonable mileage

Not to mention the 3 is superior in every way apart from cargo area compared to an old 6 wagon.

If you're talking about a newer generation 6, we didn't get the wagon version in the US

To be fair. The V6 struggled to get 25mpg.
The 2.3L with a 5spd got low 30s.
I also find wagons with 100k miles around the $4000 range
>he thinks a shorter wheel base car has more interior space than a long wagon
K bud.

>brand new mazda 3 hatch
>2800lb

>muh old mazda 6 wagon
>3500lb

The V6 was the only engine offered in the US for the wagon as far as I know

caranddriver.com/reviews/mazda-6-wagon-road-test

>But Mazda kept its head in the game and delivered both a wagon and a five-door hatchback with as much amusingly youthful performance as you're entitled to get for this price. In fact, you can't even buy a wagon with the base Mazda 6 2.3-liter four. Wagons haul their Huggies only with the 220-hp, 3.0-liter DOHC 24-valve V-6.

And I conceded that the 6 is superior for cargo area. I don't have children so I don't really care about backseat legroom and shit. Friends are manlets so they don't give a shit either

cayman, corvette, chebby ss, mustang gt, 911, lexus LS, etc...

>cayman,
Nice but not a good DD.
>corvette,
Lol junk
>chebby ss,
Fancy junk
>mustang gt,
Build quality not found
>911
Nice car. Terrible DD
>lexus LS
Would rather an old one. But really a camry would be just as good.

Is it worth it to buy a 100,000 mile wagon that isn't even noteworthy for its reliability? I mean owning cheap beaters is great until small things start malfunctioning and it becomes an inconvenience every other week. Makes sense if you're talking about old Civics and small trucks though.

I found an essentially new (sub 5k miles) Gen2 Mazdaspeed3 for $19k.

Would you rather have that or the new Mazda 3 2.0 liter for a daily driver?

Why the fuck isn't a cayman or 911 a good DD? It's powerful and comfy. Mustang GT is built equally well as your mazda. You blindly don't like the gm.

>camry just as good as LS
V8 and rwd only as good as a camry? Fuck off.

>isn't even noteworthy for its reliability
Once again. Just the V6 had issues.
I bought a 100k mile mazda 3 for 5k a few years ago.
2.3L hatch.
Has over 165k now and ive only needed an alternator. Runs smooth as ever amd has plenty of power. Everything works, including A/C.
I dont see a problem buying older cheap cars.
Hell i had a $300 corolla with 323,000 miles that didnt even burn oil and always started up and ran smooth.

msp3s are not particularly reliable but are fun as hell
Try them both out and see which you prefer. I live in the city and rarely go above 30mph 5 days out of the week so I'd just get the new 3.

>Mustang GT is built equally well as your mazda
Hahahahahagagagagagbsbfjfbsiakfvruw8sbrcecqidb

>Once again. Just the V6 had issues.
only one sold in the US with the 6 wagon

>I bought a 100k mile mazda 3 for 5k a few years ago. 2.3L hatch.

This is a completely different car than the V6 wagon you were talking about.

>msp3s are not particularly reliable
They are very reliable m8.
A few buddies are near 200k miles all stock with no issues.

I've heard otherwise but I may be mixing up the 1st and 2nd gens

What you have heard is morons upping the boost but not doing supporting mods

Should've bought a chevy volt.

Why? It's way more expensive and looks like dog turds.

Used for 15-18k and if your commute is less than 35 miles you use no gas except for maintenance burn.

6 hatch
Hnnngggg

Poorfags are the worst cancer on this board. Anyone who thinks their Mom's used 10 year old Mazda 6 wagon is comparable to a new Mazda3 is either delusional or envious.

I would say they are great cars but vastly overrated

>great
>overrated

Which one is it?

Its overly great

Say what you will, but I had a Mazda 6 v6 that I bought used with 80,000km on it. I put an additional 200,000k on it before the motor died and I ran it hard. The only expensive repair was the pre-cats on the manifolds, which were about the only flaw of the design apart from the radio display.

Other than that it handled well and was fun to drive. It was a pig on gas, but whatever. I just wish the newer 6's had a V6 option, either way my next car will be a Mazda.

I own a brand new 2.0l and it's great but honestly too slow. I would take the MS3 as long as it isn't a scam, 5k miles on a >3 year old car is pretty crazy. The MS3 will be almost as reliable and just as practical, and still get decent mpgs. The only downside is the shitty interior.

You can have a car thats a great car but nowhere near as great as everyone believes they are.

too slow for what? are you riding around at WOT and dissatisfied? Buy better gas if you want more top end.

>running premium in a car only tuned for regular
Get out of here with that shitty meme.

You like something that drives like a slow piece of shit?