ITT: Cars you want but can't have

ITT: Cars you want but can't have.

>pic related; HSV GTS Maloo because of the US 25 year import law...

Other urls found in this thread:

motoring.com.au/toyota-86-to-go-awd-turbo-45930/
lefthandutes.com
redbook.com.au/cars/research/new/details/2016-holden-ute-ss-black-vf-series-ii-auto-my16/SPOT-ITM-440574
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Really It's not that over the top for cars.

TWO YEARS
T
W
O

Y
E
A
R
S

soon...

>tfw Canadian and only 15 year restriction

I WILL own one of these in my life

Fuck Mercedes man.

You're lucky you got 10 years off.

The ride is just beginning for us Ontarians m8

Every car manufacturer is lobbying their asses off to make it impossible to used cars to ever be road ready.

>safety regulations have already been passed that only new cars and cars maintained by fucking Jay Leno can pass
>now they're lobbying for a fucking tax that will pay for bi-annual inspections

Shit sucks bro

a quarter of a century may not seem so bad then if that comes the reality. fuck that

I blame ricers/stancefags/brotruckers/the "car community" in general desu. It wouldn't be a problem if people actually took care of their property. I'm planning on going in to car restoration and putting these cars back on the road where no one else will, provided they haven't all been scrapped before the time comes.

Why the hell would you want one of those?

I don't think it necessarily the dumbasses fault but more of corporate greed to blame. I'd imagine their idea is make repairing used cars as much of pain in the ass as possible to try and sway owners to buy new. Not from Canada obviously but it's the same shit in the States. To put in in perspective, if I was offered a really fat paycheck to do something at the expense of everyone else I'd be tempted too. Fuck corporations too.

Been looking forward to that day

Well, if you're willing to pay enough, you can get one built over a GTO/G8/Caprice donor car.

Company in Denver imports Utes and makes them US legal using GTO/G8/Caprice parts

I heard about that but it's also like $70k if I'm not mistaken. Might be reasonable though, I have no idea what a real Maloo goes for over in AU.

Whatever, if it's a Ute and goes like stink I'm happy.

Toyota Celica All-Trac (ST165 AWD Turbo).

There's a red ST185 near me (Alabama) but the guy won't sell it.

As an Ausfag it still blows my mind that the US, the single largest consumer of motor vehicles ON THE PLANET, doesn't produce a Ute.

Brand new Maloo is worth between 60-70k AUD, so around 52k USD, mind you they depreciate like fucking crazy, you can pick up a 5 year old Maloo for around half that, so like 26k USD, 1k would get it shipped (at least that's the going rate from the US to Aus), say another few grand in various import duties etc

Depending on the years that place in Denver is converting, they're making a tidy fucking profit, probably doubly so given there's a good chance they're buying stolen Utes.

That and how many or so years for it to become legal. If your impatient I guess the US spec Zeta conversion is the way to go.

Also, Pontiac had a concept for a G8 Ute that was going to be produced a few years back but it was scrapped when GM closed Pontiac. Seeing as a fair amount have had a love affair for Rancheros and El Caminos I don't get why we don't have one today. Last US car of the sort I want to think was the Chevy SSR but that was built on an SUV platform and was apparently shit. Sad.

>people actually think these look good

To each his own. I like personally weird shit and the Maloo is one of my all time favorites.

>771490-puke_large.jpg (23 KB, 300x300)
>300x300
>large

More for my own curiosity, but might be of interest to others, that place in Denver is charging around 30K USD to import/convert Utes from Aus.

I love weird shit as well but ugly is ugly.
Reminds me of something inbred trailer trash would buy if they won the lotto.

I think this would be more appropriate.

Why don't they make cars like this anymore?

Appropriate if trailer trash had better taste

motoring.com.au/toyota-86-to-go-awd-turbo-45930/

I'd have like to see that actually happen.

Corvettes are a cheaper and also advertise your small penis just as much.

Ford GT because I will forever be a poorfag

I believe in you user. ;_;

Hopefully they don't get too high in value but they were definitely fucking worth it at the original $150,000 price tag. lucky cunts who bought it at that price got a beauty and an appreciating asset.

Psst... hey dumbass

lefthandutes.com

Oh god, having actually had the opportunity to drive a Ford GT, they are fucking glorious. I couldn't really test the limits because it was
1. Not mine
2. On public roads
and 3. Fresh after a rain with damp roads
but everything about it was just awesome. Brakes felt great, steering was tight, power was copious and linear... Yeah, I liked it.

Then a year later my dad gets a call from a local dealer. They've got one. $120K because some guy put a non refundable deposit on it and then pussed out. Red with white stripes.

The entire time I'm like
>doitfaggotdoitfaggotdoitfaggot
but my dad decided against it.

I remind him every now and then about how dumb he was to have not listened to me.

im legitimately going to import one

no joke.

25 more years

I'll have to settle with a mustang ;_;

Aren't they going for like $300k now?

O-O ''!''

>Tfw have a clean street legal 1st generation turbo Legacy in Ontario
It looks like a Camry and still turns heads somehow.

Well OP did say GTS maloo, so 100kaud and not that steep depreciation as the standard. Probably wouldn't be able to import a GTS to the states unless you were loaded though.

>be me
>be German
>no general import bans on any production vehicles
>can register ATVs and fucking tracked armored military vehicles for the road
>but inspections make substantial modifications range from nightmare to impossibility
Something like this won't pass inspections in a hundred years. No fenders, illegally tinted headlights, too much power for the chassis, half the engine upgrades don't have this or that approval, noise levels yada yada yada, and that's just first glance. The list will easily go on much further.

>us has shitty import laws
>rest of the world has shitty laws regarding mods

Will we ever win?

Straya has lax RHD import laws and no standard inspections in some states, but speeding is treated as worse than murder.

Can't win anywhere.

Canberra uber alles

>Best jobs
>best schools
>best Healthcare
>no inspections
>speeding is ignored provided you're not near a school or something

Doesn't have roads like SA, Tas, or parts of Vic though.

M8 we have brilliant roads.

The cotter road, Brindabella road and Paddys River Road all start within 15 minutes of the CBD. Plus heaps more if you go a bit further south, pic related.

Then you've got Brown mountain, the Clyde, kangaroo Valley and McArthur pass all within a 2 hour drive.

Wasn't saying you didn't. I meant comparatively. The area around Adelaide is an absolute maze of windy roads. Just a shame about driving through the rest of SA.

>all these yanks lusting after overpriced old vu utes

get the older ones sfrom the 90s u can import those

Yeah but I'd rather not end up dissolving in a 44gal drum.

>As an Ausfag it still blows my mind that the US, the single largest consumer of motor vehicles ON THE PLANET, doesn't produce a Ute.

It's a combination of wonky emissions laws, the chicken tax, and recent market tests that didn't go so well (SSR, Baja).

The big 3 have no interest in Utes when they're selling more lucrative half-ton pickups all day long. Foreign manufacturers can't import utes cost-effectively, and have been hesitant to retool their American production lines for an unproven concept.

This may change... sort of. It looks like a few "crossover pickups" are coming to the US market soon, along with a conventional smaller pickup or two. If those catch on, we might see a car-based Ute in the states again someday.

South Australia's murder rate is pretty low compared to most of the country. NT WA Vic and NSW are all higher by a fair margin. The rest are all about on par.

Thay thing looks like it's suffering

>corporate greed
Top meme. It takes two to tango. If government couldn't legislate on automobile sales, then the corporations wouldn't lobby, and greedy politicians wouldn't have lobby funds.

>Its part of GM
>Muricans can't import it
Fucking gold

>South Australia's murder rate is pretty low compared to most of the country. NT WA Vic and NSW are all higher by a fair margin. The rest are all about on par.

You talk as if every time someone is murdered it's magically reported.

>Nearly 5,000 people were reported missing in the state (SA) in 2005-06 but the number rose to 11,754 last financial year (2015), according to figures the ABC obtained from SA Police.

Blows my fucking mind. That G8 ute concept was as close as we ever got to it.

GM being a bunch of faggots as usual.

Good luck finding one, let alone with a decent mileage and at a price that won't tear your finances apart.

>Of the estimated 35,000 people who are reported missing in Australia, more than 95 per cent are located within a short period of time (usually one week).

Even if you added the entire missing person population of South Australia to the homicide rate it's still lower than the Northern Territories homicide rate.

Why? Like, I understand Utes but the maloo is a joke, you can't do any real work with it and you can't do any real hard driving with it.

F6 typhoon for power-ute any who.

Over rated

The R32 is gr8

Gtfo fatty, r33 is best drivers skyline

Cool impala, bro.

Some people over here in Australia get a G8 front clip from the USA and then convert their utes to a Pontiac ute.

>finally put a turbo in the 86
>completely fucking ruin it by putting in the ancient STI engine, AWD, and making it automatic only
Jesus Christ Toyota is retarded. If this actually happens i'm gonna kill myself

KEK okay fukwit

Might as well wait a couple of years and get the R34 then

Please tell me this isnt real

>Ford GT for $120k
holy shit what a deal to pass up. I feel your pain user.

why is toyota so scared of putting a simple fucking straight 4 in that piece of shit
why did they have to go the convoluted retard route and borrow a shit boxer from subaru

Hell id even take the 86 with a modified corolla 1.8 vvti engine with a turbo strapped on that engine HAULS with mods

>motoring.com.au/toyota-86-to-go-awd-turbo-45930/
They seem pretty sure about it, although the article is a year and a half old. They were right about the convertible though so who knows

Toyotas literal logic is
>muh ae86 must be NA

how about that have a dick waving contest with yamaha like with the original 4AGE and make a top shelf engine

>Modern Toyota
What else did we expect?

I read that article over 2 years ago and still nothing.

Hopefully 86's will get cheap soon and everyone just junks the shit motor in there and swaps in the older stuff

i reckon you could flog the motor to a sti ricer for money

Too fucking expensive.

Why bother? I heard they dont take boost without a rebuild

>buying a maloo for work purposes

wut

this

Tradies here dont even use them

>Hilux/Falcdaore with tray

Are aussy utes pigfat

That's what it would have been over here if Pontiac didn't go under. GM should give the concept to Chevy and just convert the SS to a ute. Make it an optional model of the SS or branch off completely and call it the El Camino, perhaps with revised exterior panels to help differentiate it from the SS and recall the original.

About as pigfat as the Zeta platform Camaro, so yes.

Yes and no
redbook.com.au/cars/research/new/details/2016-holden-ute-ss-black-vf-series-ii-auto-my16/SPOT-ITM-440574
Stock suspention is meh

With some decent coilovers and sticky rubber they handle fine for a bigger car
this basically

It's a shame Holden stopped producing the One Tonner.

Really though, what kind of person buys an expensive performance model of a car built primarily for getting shit done and intends to uses it for work? That's what plastic clad base models are for.

Posers
Dickheads
Lebbos
'sikcunts' 1 month off their p's

No, I'm pretty sure just an uninformed dumbass would buy a Maloo and intend to use it for work.

These examples don't do either. They are the kind of people who buy Wranglers and use them to get Starbucks. Or coal rollers, the list goes on.

>No, I'm pretty sure just an uninformed dumbass would buy a Maloo and intend to use it for work.
Lol who cares some boomer can total it into a tree and pay no excess

>the US 25 year import law...
That isn't a law.
It's to register it.

We cant talk we have fucked up import laws and stupid grey market red tape

Serves them right.

facken a

people usually get them for putting dirt bikes in, surfboards, eskis, random shit

just fun stuff ey

>maloo
>not functional

Haha what? Yeah ok

why can't the ban be 10 years

how much of a fucking difference would that make

It has a bed so it can still carry a good amount of shit. Being a Maloo though, you probably wouldn't want to put it through the kind of stuff regular utes or pickups are built to handle.