/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

>BugTrap, crash to desktop, freeze/lockup?? Find your crash log.
Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name].log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy thfe last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv
>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw
>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM
>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7

>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400
>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/
>STALKER General Steam Group - Join chat and ask for an invite!
steamcommunity.com/groups/BroZone

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat. Here's a fix:
mega.nz/#!LAAXlaIZ!uVbJ-gsIPm8Sn2ydh7btI_3VK7Mfr41qoO2L6M7FZfQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
youtube.com/watch?v=UKR42YOxKmo
moddb.com/mods/ultimate-weapon-renewal
youtube.com/watch?v=1KjGz8jeKZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=7Gu-tZDPGcs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
>Clear Sky
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
>Call of Pripyat
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrading Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
>Oblivion Lost Remake
[Gist] Oblivion Lost Remake 2.5.md
>Joint Pak 2
[Gist] Joint Pak 2.md

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
>Weapon Soup for CoC Repo
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
>Call of Chernobyl/Warfare Bitbucket repository
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Codebro's 1.0008 Patch for SoC - enter "menu_fps_cap 0" in the console to prevent crashes.
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

i've told you slavboos to quit letting the thread die twice now
here's the old thread by the way, i forgot

finally, thank fuck.. thread was dead for a couple hours there

So in AA2, is there more than one part to the documents in X18? I only grabbed part 4 at the normal location, but none of the normal places had the extra parts.

page 10

When will COC 1.4 come out?!

Minimap is telling me a quest objective (a weapon I have to retrieve for a NPC, got 6 days left on it so I'm not too worried) is in front of me but nothing is there. What could be the matter?

Never
e
v
e
r

You have to go deeper.

Fuck
u
c
k

>got a new graphics card

Lets hope I can play CoC without it having to put it on the lowest settings.

r8 my equipment to raid x-18
I know a pistol might be redundant but I just really like them. Gonna get a supressor from the trader before I leave, mite be useful.

This is everything else I have.

ooh, whatcha got?

why the fuck gunslinger hasn't been released already? from their last videos everything seems to be functional

beauase "fuck em"

POST COMICS

OC

doing a mostly vanilla playthrough of CoP, I'm just using the graphics stuff (absolute and atmosfear) and a weapon mod (OWR). any other little mods you guys would recommend?

Graphics and a weapon pack is probably enough, maybe install MSO but I have never used it. Take a look at the small mods in the CoP repo

It'll be discontinued due to a lack of interest

youtube.com/watch?v=UKR42YOxKmo

>The VSS in AA2 can't mount the PSO
For what purpose

bumping this question

its underground, there should be an underpass or something

You sure? I tried going underground but I couldn't find a way there, going underground also changed the icon to indicate it was above me

Fucking ameritards are too lazy to bump or make a thread

What mod?

AMK
I've long finished x-18 and I ended up ditching the shotgun and pistol when I ran out of ammo for them. Also realized taking slugs is pointless since I have plenty of darts.

Oki, thought it was OGSE.

>Also realized taking slugs is pointless since I have plenty of darts

You need to keep some slugs, you'll need them for mutants.

oops I thought slug was for unarmored enemies, it was buckshot.

idk, you are in wild territory right? I just assumed it was the bit where you underground and you need to jump on some cars to get past an anomaly because I remember there being a decent gun there.

That's Dark Valley, near Borov's hide out. You're probably thinking of the family rifle quest, both are similar and triggered at the 100 rad bar.

Yeah, buck shot for mutants and darts for armored enemies. I don't think slugs are superior to slugs in any aspect, are they?

How's OGSE? I've never played it.

Slugs are for unarmored enemies, darts are for armored enemies. Buckshot is better than both.

>How's OGSE?

I played it a little as my PC can't handle it well.

It has mechanics (like artifact activation) and anomalies from the old builds. It's not Lost Alpha but it's quite like the old builds.

Wiki says darts are effective for armored enemies and buckshot are effective for mutants and unarmored enemies. It also says that Slug are effective to enemies with little to no armor and ineffective against mutants.

Slugs are very rare in vanilla ShoC, given that it's a piece of shit.

Yeah I read the wiki too, to remember what slugs and darts are for, because I never fucking used them since buckshot is always the best no matter what the wiki says.

Nigger I can obliterate the whole fucking Zone with the TOZ-34 and buckshot. Fucker is so much OP.

Any reason a merge of RMA, Photorealistic Zone and Arsenal wouldn't work ?

Because RMA is a piece of shit

>Photorealistic Zone

If only the textures, I don't see why not.

cuzz aa2 weapons are shitty. might as well be straight vanilla. why i opted for amk ae over aa2

Some cheap shit that cost $40

Ok now I'm supposed to steal the documents from the military outpost in cordon, sidorovich told me there would only be two guards at nigh, but the fucking APC seems to have a mind of its own and I can't get near without getting shredded by it.

Akso fuck this site and its babby filesize limit for webms, had to convert the video 3 times until I could make it look good enough in 3mb

Walk around it you fucking idiot

Here's the fix.

"In AMK and mods build upon AMK, the infamous BTRs at the Army checkpoint in Cordon can shoot you before even spotting you. This was made on purpose, but if you want to change this:

- open config/scripts/esc/esc_blockpost_btr.ltx
- search for ph_car@idle
- change target=actor to target=nil

In mods where you can join the Military, such as ZoA, this fix should also stop the BTR shooting at you, since the base will never go on alert."

You don't know shit nigger, fucker's got supers powers.

You can literally walk around it on the left side.

Are you sure? You can try that

The BTR doesnt have good aim when you're sprinting on its side. If you go straight at it you're going to die instantly.

I tried the right side before 155189762 was posted. This was the result. Now I'm gonna try the left side for shits and giggles. I think the turret can turn 360 so I doubt it'll work.
The same shit happened in vanilla CS, as soon as you got in range the shit started shooting at you.

>Error: Our system thinks your post is spam. Please reformat and try again. (x2)
This is the kind of shit why I primarily use the other chan.

>This is the kind of shit why I primarily use the other chan

Which one? There are tons.

What's bad about it?
I already played OLR and Lost Alpha (in the old-story mods), I'm looking for something new.

>I'm a fucking retard that doesn't know how to run
Not even the based left side is going to save you.
Perma 100% invis scripted bloodsuckers and unfinishable warlabs due to broken ladders.

That's what I figured. I was mostly worried about Arsenal and PRZ textures getting in the way of each other, but I'm not sure if PRZ even has weapon textures, so..

If it does, don't copy the wpn folder in the texture folder then.

Ah, well that does indeed sound like a pain in the ass, thanks for the heads up.
Would you recommend any other new / old story mods? I've already played OLR (had an unfinishable story-mission bug), LA (too many problems to metion), DMM:AE (door to bunker in Radar wouldn't open) and Priboi Story (really great, don't know why it doesn't get talked about much here, probably because it's old AF).

OGSE 0692 and 0693

>It can be fired single-handedly

MW2 was right, holy shit.

Thanks, I checked it out and PRZ does NOT have weapon textures. However, both PRZ and Arsenal have a textures.ltx, any advice?

8ch. As full of gamergays and alt-kikes as it is, at least it lets you post webms with sound, 8mb file limit and 5 files per post. Too bad the STALKER board is completely fucking dead in there.
>run
What if I want to sneak in? Is my style of play banned from the game? nigger
It is doable but fuck it, that omniscient turret is a bug, not a feature. Also that lying kike sidorovich said there would only be two soldiers at night. Not that it's a problem.

The BTR is a feature you dumb cocksucker and you're supposed to adapt to the current situation instead of being a little bitch.

Great, thanks very much! What are the major differences between the two versions?

Fucking everything, they're basically different mods.

From what I'm seeing that ltx is for associations or something like that so my advice is go to diffchecker and see the differences between both.

I see it has many things in it, so if it proves too much for you to merge them, you can skip it as I always replace nature and structure textures and never had noticeable inconveniences.

>8ch

I see then.

>What if I want to sneak in?

Well, from a in-universe point of view, the BTR might have thermal view and nightvision so what says it's kind of logical.

But if you want to imagine that is an old ass BTR and it doesn't have that tech you can always try this fix as I took it from the repo.

Is it also meant to know exactly where you are at all times no matter how dark and how far away you are and have its cannon perfectly pointed at you like a fucking compass? That shit is broken.

Thermal vision :^)
Next time try jumping over the fence where the tree fell, that's the actual stealth route.

Will check them out. Thanks again user

>thermal view and nightvision
Yeah that actually makes sense. Though in that case the operator should realize I'm trying to infiltrate and would trigger the alarm, if it was meant to be realistic.
Alright fuck it Imma man the fuck up and return it back to normal. Didn't even realize I could jump over the fence.

Great, thanks very much!

>Though in that case the operator should realize I'm trying to infiltrate and would trigger the alarm, if it was meant to be realistic

I think that's what happens with the fix, as the BTR will only shoot you if the base is in alert.

After I used the fix I got really close and it didn't shoot me until a boar started attacking the soldiers so it might have been it.

Great then, I'm gonna play some DMM.

Good luck with that weapon task.

Check the Agroprom Underground. Believe me, there will be a bunch of bandits there. Kill them and voilá, your weapon is with one of them

I'll try. Could it be that the weapon was taken by some bandit? I really don't remember having that problem in previous playthroughs

Report back with the result

It wasn't "taken by him", it's always on him. He starts in dark valley and usually wanders over to agroprom.

>I really don't remember having that problem in previous playthroughs
Then you remember wrong. Marker for that particular quest being fucked is a well-known issue.

all set to reach cnpp desu senpai

get a rocket launcher and shoot two rockets right at the fucker

also watch out for the second one, sneakiest fuckery in the whole mod

What weapon should I use for sarcophagus?

Anyone wants to be my friend on Steam?

no : ^ )

Come on buddy

Never ever moddb.com/mods/ultimate-weapon-renewal

VSS or whatever 9×39mm weapon you favor. A SPAS-12 with dart rounds is nice for stairways and such.

>not using darts for everyone
they are literally overpowered as fuck

>play ogse
>guy with TOZ-34 one shots me from 100 meters away

Such is life in the zone

Stalkans, how to install Warfare and STCoPWP on top of CoCk? I tried, but it either A-Cheeky'd to Desktop, B-No missions working, or C-both at the same time.

I'm playing 0693 at the moment and it's filled with quests that will take you from anywhere to darkscape. Nearly every custom quest is just a long fucking walk and then 15 seconds of gameplay until it's completed.

Is CoC fully updated? Delete gamedata, run the updater, install STCoPWP, Warfare, and then the Warfare patch for STCoPWP.

Also start a new game. There's a file in Warfare that fucks with the missions that you can delete without changing anything else.

to fix quests, delete:
gamedata/configs/text/eng/st_quests_general.xml

There is a note in the warfare repo mentioning this so you can check that if you want to make sure im not fucking with you

What would you say about being able to connect to a player, when you connect to him you join him in the same area, you will only see his current location when you joined. Your quest is to kill him, if the other player moves to 2 areas away from your current one you're disconnected from him. Upon either of you dying you will drop an artifact.

sounds dumb

I finally got to dead city in a mod (ogse) and holy shot was it literally nothing in there. Just dead empty space, nothing to loot. How fucking lazy of a modder can you be? Holy shot so far the only decent mod I've played is SGM 2.2. Fucking garbage mod community.

Cry some more.

Implying I'm not crying in laughter how bad everything is.

youtube.com/watch?v=1KjGz8jeKZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=7Gu-tZDPGcs

you slavaboo cucks are on on page 10 again