REMEMBER WHEN YOU LAUGHED AT ME SAYING THAT ELECTRIC TRUCKS WERE POSSIBLE! UH? REMEMBER?

REMEMBER WHEN YOU LAUGHED AT ME SAYING THAT ELECTRIC TRUCKS WERE POSSIBLE! UH? REMEMBER?

REMEMBER WHEN I MADE A THREAD ABOUT THE RETARDED OVERHEAD ELECTRIC LINES THAT THEY PROPOSED FOR ROADS????

WELL. FUCK YOU RETARDS

Other urls found in this thread:

uk.reuters.com/article/daimler-trucks-electricity-idUKL8N1AD5N1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Are you angry because I don't remember any of this?

must have been a long time ago if they designed and built electric trucks in the mean time

£1,000,000 each

>wrapped in mosaic, because cabin design is what matters here

FUCK YOU TOO

I can see electric, driverless yard mules, seeing as how that's a closed system in a controlled area

don't know about dedicated infrastructure across the entire western highway system

>le angry face
>so modern xDdD

My friend is an engineer, an engineer that's a bit fresh out of school, but has a grasp on concepts at least.

He says that while there's more he has yet to understand, the main limitation is with energy storage technology. We've made small improvements in battery technology and have improved efficency of battery-powered devices dramatically, but when you have something that's gonna use a lot of juice no matter what, the storage capabilities of batteries are our main limitation. Until we find a major improvement in energy storage, diesel and petroleum are still our primary solutions for long-haul travel because of how well energy storage works and how quickly it can be replenished.

Electricity can get the Tesla S on a full charge for example an advertised 230 miles (realistically 200) and that's brand new technology, while my decade-old focus can get even further mileage (especially highway). Also the tesla may take a half hour to charge, where I can take like 2-3 minutes to fill up my tank. Plus batteries have a problem that fuel tanks don't have: battery failure.

Tl;Dr the technology to make these vehicles is almost there, we just have to develop an effective energy storage method.

yeah someone on here calculated that for a 1000 mile range towing 40 tons a truck would need 36 tons of battery using the ones in a current tesla

It's pretty common knowledge that battery technology is what is holding electric vehicles back at the moment.

>Mercedes
AHAHAHAHAHA

I'm surprised it didn't explode into flames right there. Mercedes is possibly the worst "expensive item" auto company there is.

>says some nobody who hasnt owned anything nice

>some kid on a anime cartoon forum wants all fleet company's to switch to electric trucks let's get to it asap boys

>pricetag
>elevent-
FUCKING HELL I WAS JOKING

uk.reuters.com/article/daimler-trucks-electricity-idUKL8N1AD5N1

NO, FUCK YOU!

THATS WHAT I SAID! AND THEY CLAIMED BATTERY POWERED TRUCKS WERE STUPID AND WOULDN'T WORK! THEY SAID THOSE UGLY FUCKING WIRES RUNNING OVER THE WHOLE ROAD WAS A BETTER OPTION!

>MY FRIEND IS A ENGINEER
>PROCEEDS TO POST SOMETHING EVERYONE ALREADY KNOWS

YOU ARE RETARDED

DID YOUR MERCEDES EXPLODE? OH SORRY, YOU OWN A SHITTY FORD.

Probably those kind of insane batteries where two very unstable chemicals are mixed might be capable of running the truck but the cos[t to prepare the reagents would be staggering.

Or, you know maybe something where a combustible material is mixed with oxygen and exploded to drive pistons or something.

Not that I'm convinced by OP's shitposting, but Mercedes is by no means a bad company. You probably don't have much experience with cars.

heh?

Dubs checked.

Electric vehicles are certainly possible. Whether they are realistic is another question.

>Or, you know maybe something where a combustible material is mixed with oxygen and exploded to drive pistons or something.

What the fuck? Where did you pull this idea out of? Sounds crazy dude, how would explosions move wheels?

>that's brand new technology

>Li-Pos
>Brand new
kek

>towing 40 tons a truck would need 36 tons of battery

So, my dead battery delivery service has a chance?

>realistic

look at all of the tesla models

the only thing that keeps electric semi-trucks at bay is the ability to drive more than 10 hours at a time

if they can drive for 10 hours, they're golden. give them some battery overnight and they're golden

a tesla battery takes 8 hours to recharge i'm guessing one 30 times bigger won't be full overnight

but we really don't know until it is implemented

don't let your shallow lake of intelligence keep you from making sound future decisions

>look at all of the tesla models
Expensive as fuck to make, with shitty range and no reason to switch over to from conventional vehicle design?

What advantage does Tesla have? Quick acceleration and you can charge it at home over night.