>2016
>Driving a Manuel

Why the fuck would you drive a car that's too shitty to change its gears for you. Automatics are God tier.

Because I can, can you?

>he can't drive a manual
Haha your a fag

I bet you like Apple products too.

My car was built in 1998, autoboxes were pretty shit back then.

>Imbying
I've got a CRV with a GOD TIER autobox, built in the same year.

What shit box do you own?

It was made in France.

>European engineering.
Well, there's your problem.

Dem hydropneumatic suspensions bro.

Why have a direct clutch, a low & reverse clutch, and forward clutch when you could just use a manual transmission with one clutch? As well not have to disassemble the transmission itself in order to change internal clutch discs.

>implying that auto clutches need replacing as often as manual clutches.

Lol. Another thing to break.

Superior in every way and haven't broken yet.

>Superior in every way
If you're a big fat cuck, maybe

If superior comfort, cornering ability, active roll and pitch control and reduced unsprung mass compared to a conventional setup makes me a big fat cuck fine.

inb4 hurr why don't other OEMs do it - they did for a while.
also hurr formula one - again they did for a while, then rules said no.
also hurr why not in use today? because OEMs are penny pinching jews, and for whatever reason people seem to like air suspension more.

Just like raysing clubs bamned rotaries becase they were too kool 4 school

Pistoncucks fags

>implying automatic transmissions last as long as manual transmissions

You forgot to give the manual higher torque when engaged

I bet you let other people change your oil and fuck your wife.

Depends, I drove a manual for years and enjoyed it but with the new car i'm thinking of getting it's CVT auto. Despite all the complaints about it, i'm getting almost 1000km per tank of gas and considering the prices these days it doesn't bother me.

Funny enough CVTs are on par if not better than manual for fuel use.

Is that big red decline the shift? Nigga in what time units is this in that the person shifting took so long? Also manuals cna power shift sweety

Oh wow, heaven forbid you have to give your arm something to do other than hold the steering wheel.

Hey, since you like automatics so much why don't you just jerk off while you're driving too? Bet you'd love explaining that to the police when they pull you over for public indecency.

Wanker.

gee if you hate being in control so much i bet you are creaming your pants over self driving cars

Why would it be a significant amount?

Doesn't matter, there is a portion of time during which driving wheels receive no torque. Even during microsecond shifts there will be nanoseconds. Since people make a huge deal out of power loss in powertrain, I want to make a huge deal of this.

I'm not the original poster of the graph.

>15518786
It's significant because speed is dependant on the area under the power delivery curve. While a dual clutch is bringing slightly less power to the wheels, it makes up for the missing area under the curve when the manual drops to 0.

Speed is not dependent on that speed depends on how fast the crankshaft can rotate. Acceleration is dependent on the torque applied to the wheels. I don't think there is a significant amount of torque difference between dual clutch and a single one. Feel free to prove me wrong but I'll continue my beliefs until proven wrong.

Significant means, significant enough to cause F1 cars to use single clutch.

>1998 crv with god tier transmission
>automatic
>RD1
you fucking retard those transmissions are fucking garbage.
bands wearing prematurley
torque converter failure before 150k miles
horrible slipping all the time
nigga please im a master honda tech i know those fucking trannies

But that isn't power loss. Power loss in an automatic occurs in the torque converter. Doesn't matter if its shifting or not. There is no physical direct link from engine to driveshaft. There is a gap between the 2 turbines. In that gap = powerloss. All cars have your definition of "power loss" whilst shifting.

My mistake for not being clear but torque*rpm is power, and during that gap power is not transferred to the wheels to push the car forward. So power opportunity is lost rather than actual power loss.

I was commenting about the graph that was shared and in that context what I say still holds true as far as I know. Feel free to argue.

Do you have any reference on how much power is lost in modern torque converters across rpm range?

I would think f1 cars would prefer a DCT because all else veing equal, the DCT will be smoother, meaning less jerk, meaning more stability during mid-corner shifting

Why would they? A dog box SMG shifts faster than a DCT. F1 cars don't use the clutch once they're moving.

Because some arent lazy shits and want to maximize their driving experience and/or feel more in sync with their car. not to mention theyre cheaper.

>Torque Converter
>Power loss
If you have a shitty engine with less than 200kw you deserve to lose power fag
>Get a retune
>???
>Bamshift all day no power loss between changes even at WOT or cruising
git gud

>kw

Australia, stop shitposting pls.

sorry dude we dont measure engine power compared to a horse anymore, it's not the 1800s

So I assume you have abandoned the metric system as well then?

Kw is metric.

I know that this entire thread is b8 but my input of driving a manual is fuck you its fun

Best argument for manuals.

>put a propeller in a tube facing another propeller
>fill the tube with oil or some liquid shit
>turn one propeller
>see how fast the other one moves in comparison
yeah autos LMAO

Autos confirmed best for benchracing

>but fail to dominate in actual racing

That's not an auto dipshit.

Saw this picture and thought "that's a perfect example of the fat cuntroller falcunt." wadaya know big surprise you posted it. Dickhead.

Slipping two clutches on every change, that's going to get expensive fast.