Because of the way the engine is assembled, could i not just put more rotors on if i got a custom crank shaft made...

because of the way the engine is assembled, could i not just put more rotors on if i got a custom crank shaft made? or am i missing something?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ay9pTLa3mSE
youtube.com/watch?v=Q2IFWveYBRs
youtube.com/watch?v=D8K9RGUF3Bo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I mean, you could. You can do anything of your bank account is large enough

> am i missing something?

Yes, the ability to use a search engine apparently

Basically. They have kits for it

Yes you can. Get a custom shaft made and go for it. There are definitely examples for 4 rotor engines out there. I think space would be a limiting factor though, after 3 rotors like in the 20b, the engine gets very long.

However if you decide to make some kind of 8 rotary monster, please post.

This. Op is faggot, what a surprise.

What car has the longest front end

You could probably do a 4 rotor jc cosmo if you moved the batteries and shit elsewhere

probably some old 'murrican landbarge

If you can even find a cosmo

Yes, the motors are modular. You can add on however many your bank account and space allows. You just make a custom crank. Here's an example of a six rotor

Since this is the stupid idea thread, how about a v8 rotor?
Two 4 rotos side by side with the output shaft mated with a chain or belt?

Like this?

youtube.com/watch?v=Q2IFWveYBRs

Mad Mike fit a 4 rotor into a miata so it doesn't need THAT much room
If you did that to a cosmo you could run way more than 4 rotor
Not that rare

>Not that rare
Really? There are two for sale that I can find in the entire country. One is just a roller in crap condition.

At some point, the rotors at the front end of the engine will produce more torque than the shaft cross section at the back end can handle. That would be the limit. I have no idea how many rotors that would be.

Import nigger.
I just saw a cl ad selling two cosmos too that were ready to go, they got snatched up fast though.

I don't think japs value the cosmo because it's 2 liter, not an fd, and pig fat by their standards

Custom crank and all, whats the best configuration? Say you only wanted one extra rotor (so 3 rotors in total) because 4 rotors might be too big for the engine bay, would there be problems with this? Would it be balanced?

Google 20b

>6 rotor Mazda

Sure, but there are two problems.

The custom eccentric shaft will cost all of your money

The longer the eccentric shaft is, it the more subject to flex it is. A 4rotor is a bit like an inline 8 cylinder

Seems like Australia and New Zealand are the only places you see stuff like this happening.

>6 rotors
>Somehow manages to sound like a 3 rotor with a shit manifold
How many of the people who worked for that and paid for it did not commit suicide after that video?

it was set up for drag racing hun, they don't care how it sounded

I'm in aus. Can't register any new ones here unless personal import (have to own overseas for a year). You guys are lucky with your 25 year rule, ours is simply anything before 1989. They are a fucking cool car. I still have a bunch of spares for them too.

>car starts going sideways instead of hooking up when they give it a tiny bit of throttle
Well if it was set up for drag racing they obviously fayled there too

Holy fuck you must suck about 500 cocks a day mate. That thing sounds mint.

Ok but what about with two 13bs and mating banks and cranks and shit? Will there be problems and awkward shit to deal with? It doesnt actually sound that hard at all to do

The longer eccentric shaft engines run into problems with flex. Since the engine is a bunch of layers bolted together it it not as rigid as a solid block. The eccentric shaft flexes under load and the bearings get fucked.

youtube.com/watch?v=D8K9RGUF3Bo

>half the rotors
>sounds godlike

You don't know shit user

Not this user, but I came to post the exact same thing. Hivemind ftw

Importing is the only real option, but there is a lot to choose from. Goo-net-exchange.com is a good place to search.

3 rotor is the best balance
4 rotor is 787B nostalgia
4+ is novelty

Yes that sounds great as well, what's the issue? Considering I've actually owned a 20b, I probably know a little bit more than you champ

Crank flex becomes an issue pretty quickly. It's the same reason you don't see I8 engines.

Somebody made a 12 rotor boat engine this way.