What does Veeky Forums think of the 350Z? Thinking about getting rid of my NB Miata for one, probably 2003-2005

What does Veeky Forums think of the 350Z? Thinking about getting rid of my NB Miata for one, probably 2003-2005

Pigfat.

Still Veeky Forums approved.

>Oil consumption

Everyone will know you were too poor for the g37. The least boyracery of the bunch.

I would consider the G35 too since they're basically the same.

gay as hell

Cool car with questionable design

I think it's gud, hear the 2003 had a shit ton of problems so try for an 04 if you can

>get rid
>of nb miata
what are you doing? turbo it if you're bored of it

i was super excited to see the concept at the local car show as a kid. After it was released i wasn't excited by it. Essentially lacks power, too fat and the interior was much cooler in the concept.

Went to a Nissan showroom in Yokohama and laughed as i passed some Speshal Ed 370z to go look at the old race cars they had dotted around.

I'm looking at a later 350z with the HR motor, thoughts?

Not opposed to the G35 too.

Slow.

Fuck what anyone else says, for the low price of the 350z it's a hell of a deal especially if you prefer the looks over the 370.Decent aftermarket and very reliable engine especially with the 2007+, find a clean one with low miles for under 15k easilly

it's so fucking ugly and pigfat. they were meant to handle well but that isn't the case at all

I have a 2013 G37x user, it's great

Basically this. The 350z was meant to be a jack of all trades and failed miserably, the 370z on the other hand was meant to be the same and did it pretty well.

saw this 2 days ago ;(

How much were you looking to spend op? For under 15k you can get a nice c5 corvette or about 20+ you can get a c5 z06

Faster but more boring than an NB

Do you want to be scum?
And nothing of value was lost

how does that even happen
was either driver around?

kys

Scum bag

at least the rear end isnt boring anymore

Child please

c5z or ls3 c6?

idk but my gf said both cars have been there for like 4 days

I have bought me a 350z just 4 months ago and it's a pretty fun drive. Its definitely not the quickest but I still enjoy the ride to the city and work.

Better than Miata, worse than 86 twin.

Get out of here, you double nigger

I enjoy mine, 298 wheel NA tuned on e85 with boltons, vq motor sounds great, PBM suspension. I'm a nissan fanboy though and like to beat the hell out of my cars at drift events / I even daily it. Probably going to rebuild it soon beause I've recently hit 150k but if you're buying used just do proper maintenance and a compression test and make everythings running good, mine pulls great still. You're better off researching elsewhere though, most people on these kind of threads just meme around and don't even change their own oil.

This. It's not perfect in any way, but it's a very good deal. It's the Miata of GT cars.

>drift events
Are you running the stock visco diff? Or aftermarket? How about those overheating issues?

They're great cars, I feel like too many Amerifats turn them into shit "drift cars" though.

hows the fuel ?

My dad has an 04 grand touring and it's nice. Feels strong and stable in the corners, not the fastest but definitely quick. Clutch is a bit grabby.

>e85
So you get 5 mpg?

I only got 16mpg, my 5.0 mustang did better

Depends on how I drive it, daily routine around work and basic errands I'll get anywhere from 15 - 20 but I do a lot of pulls when the road is clear just because the temptation is too much. Do you do research on e85 or just spew? Anyways
I have a welded dif I put in at drift events, I keep the stock one for dailying. I never had any overheating issues, but my car was high miles when my plastic radiator cracked (tends to happen when plastic is gettnig hot then cold over and over for thousands of miles, it will brittle.) and the coolant got into my intake, hit the MAF sensor and kept throwing my car into a limp mode. Sense then I just got a mishimoto radiator, was cheaper than the OEM replacement and it won't crack with miles.

That sounds pretty cool. I want one now, but that willl have to wait until I have a proper job.