Cars for Tall People

Hey Veeky Forums I need a new car that will be comfy to fit in. I'm 6'3" and don't feel like driving a tiny car and being cramped.
Some Criteria I want but don't necessarily need:
>Comfy for commuting
>Good on Gas (30+ mpg)
>$10-20k range is what im going for but less is fine
>Not RWD, where I live it gets bad in the winter
>Hatchback a plus but a sedan is fine
>No SUV or Pickups
>Im cool with New/Used/Certified
>Not going to lease

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xWct_KYGRQo
youtube.com/watch?v=y9Nxk55DXQs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=xWct_KYGRQo

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I drive my vehicle?

The Nissan Cube has the most headroom that I've seen. I sell cars for a living and have found tall people liked the extra vertical space.

>not RWD

OUT
OUT

bug is rwd tho

so is miata

>RWD in snow
>good
Lol fagget

AWD in snow a best

without it being a shit storm. I have a miata that I drive daily but I havent owned it for the winter yet but I am not risking myself in a car like that for the winter. I want to drive something for the winter

6'5" here. Daily a '12 Mazdaspeed3, you would have plenty of space in one.

what about your passengers? Any complaints in the rear seats?

6'2". Daily a J-Body. Lrn2deal

Fiesta ST

6'3" Miata driver here. I cut my legs off to fit in this vehicle.

HAHA
SUPERIOR RWD
FWD BLOWN OUT

>Fiesta-ST
I heard these things have terrible leg room

Including myself, I've had 5 people in the car at one time. Obviously the person behind had a bit less space but it wasn't bad and I'm 2 inches taller than you. Also, I bought this MS3 a few months back for $19k w/ 25k miles so its within your budget, albeit towards the top end.

ecoboost Mustang

It's not going to get 30+ mpg, but at 6'2 and 280#, I liked the 2011 Ford Fusion Sport (AWD).

Otherwise, a 2008-2011 BMW 535xi wagon will fit in that price range, and come in about 27MPG on the freeway.

>good gas
>not rwd
>hatchback
>no trucks or SUVs

Literally a fucking cuck mobile just get a prius you homo

EL OH EL BRO I KNOW RIGHT
FUCK ME WHAT A LOSER
whats your favorite speedhunters writer

cars are for manlets

V O L V O

Look at that criteria and tell me that's not the definition of a cuck mobile

I'm 6'5" and drive a Fiesta...all cars nowadays are pretty designed to accommodate any size person, worry about important things like reliability

He wants to be able to comfortably drive his wife to the Native American massage therapist and drivers his wife's son to soccer practice

the only cuck here is you buddy

Camry should do the job

Get a turbo one. You'll be amazed at the room inside one. Jeremy Clarkson is 6'5. With the seat all the way back, he couldn't reach the pedals, and with the seat raised all the way, he still had plenty of room for a tall hat

Confirmed for cuck mobile thread

A honda civic hatchback or a Subaru Wrx

>v8 tundra
automatic cuck

I've had no problem and I'm 6'4".

manlet

Im 6'4" and I will say this: you're looking for a unicorn.

Any car thats sufficiently comfy for a 6'3" dude, is AWD, and a sedan that gets 30+MPG is not going to be under 20k. Infact i don't even know if that exists in any car. You're going to have to pick a few.

I'd recommend a BMW 3 series AWD coupe, but Im not sure what the MPG is on the 328xi, not 30 though.

Is there a picture of Clarkson wearing a tall hat in a turbo beetle

Just saying OP if the car has good weight distribution, or ideally weight biased towards the rear, then a rwd car can handle snow no problem. Just look at baja beetles and the dumb crap they can go through. Not saying get one, but snow tires and sand bags in the trunk are your friend.

>posts a shortmans disorder compensation mobile
lel

I got a friend that use a miata as a winter beater the summer he use a ms3. In residential areas you sometime end up with a relatively thick layer a super slippy compacted snow that wont get removed for a while.

I'm 6'5 and I drive a bug. Can confirm I fit in it better than most cars

OP here, while I did state all those criteria I did say it wasn't necessary. Also, not a cuck, just need a comfortable car to commute with that won't leave me broke and would like it to be decent with gas since I do have to commute with it. If It isn't rwd that's great since I already have a rwd car

This. A fucking civic.

Volvo
6ft4 and volvos are the comfiest cars i've been in, probs because it's actually designed for tall men (something that nips don't have)

Also had no problems in a few golfs, surprisingly enough

OP, you can get a CPO stick Mazda3 hatch for 13-14.5k base. It fit me with extra space (6'2"), gave room in the back seat, is FWD but fun to drive, and Mazdas are the most reliable used cars you can buy, reporting the fewest problems on average per vehicle.

Don't get a Fiesta. They are reporting to be less an less reliable as time goes on, though it's not so bad if you can work a stick. The auto transmissions on Fiestas are a mess.

Honda Fits hold their value well, but I found it uninspiring to drive. Give it a shot though, you might click with it.

I own a Chevy Sonic and love it. More room than the Fiesta and safest in its class. Works great for my family. Hatch versions are very spacious, but not as cavernous as the Fit.

There's a lot of good options out there, but based on your needs, in descending order for price:
Mazda3
Honda Fit
Chevy Sonic

I got my Sonic new for 12.7k OTD 2 months ago. Finance rates are great now as well. If your credit is better than 700 don't settle for more than 2% new or 4% used.

A lot of the prior posts in this thread are just parroting memes, plus it's the Chan, so take it all with a grain of salt. Focus on what you need, test drive these cars, and don't get emotionally attached.

Also, we got our new Kia Soul for 13.2k sticker and it hauls everything well with tons of room, so take that for what it's worth.

I M P R E Z A
M
P
R
E
Z
A

WRX or any MazdaSpeed3/6

If you drive a truck for the look of it you come off as a bro country dousche

>I own a Daewoo Kalos and love it.
Fixed for you bro. But why did you willingly buy a Daewoo with a Chev badge?

Because it's not a Daewoo, the old Aveo was. The Sonic shares 0 parts with the old Aveo, is built in America, updated by Korea, and has a German platform.

I owned a 2006 Aveo, didn't hate it, but the Sonic is a completely different story. It's not perfect, but I enjoy it immensely.

I'd recommend a 6th gen civic, I have a coupe and still have plenty of headroom at 6'4

also never gotten below 32 mpg and have gotten upwards of 40mpg with the 5 spd

Cuck car

>fwd
>sohc
>hatch

Perfect. I was looking at the Mazda 3, as well as the 2017 sonic hatchback with 1.4l turbo manual

I have similar requirements. Need something for college with a 6k budget. Prius honestly seems like a good option. Seems large enough with the back seats folded to where i can sleep in it on road trips.

youtube.com/watch?v=y9Nxk55DXQs

Used Pontiac. G5 or G6 are both comfy and spacious. I'm 6' 3" and have no issues driving them. Don't think they will get 30+ MPG but hey, they're FWD and you could get one certified.

Scooter. Though a bicycle might be better, especially if you're on campus.

The G5 is not a G6. The G5 is LITERALLY a Chevrolet Cobalt with a Pontiac grille stuck on the front.
Meanwhile, the G6 is based on the Chevrolet Malibu.

So?

one or the other. Either suggest a Cobalt/Ion/G5, or a G6/Malibu/9-3

Are you ESL or purposely being retarded? You do realize someone could mention two cars that they have owned or driven right?

I HATE when people lump the G5 and G6 together when they share nothing but an engine on 4 cylinder models.

5'5" Dodge Challenger plenty of room

Oh my god, you must be autistic and an idiot on top of it.

>be 6'4"
>have no problems sitting in my Miata
Just get good.

6'4 here
I have a CRX that I had the replace the seats with the first gen integras
I fit pretty well now

Scooter would be an option, but i often need to transport largish items and travel about 20k mi a year so no go for that.

6'1" here
1998 camry le

my hair brushes the roof 24/7, camry isn't gr8 for tall people.

I had a Chevy Equinox that was amazing at 6'4 and I transported stuff to and back from school. I recommend both generations

Don't get a fucking prius, asshole.

Literally any sedan that isn't a piece of shit. Depending on actual size of the objects in question you could use a truck but good luck finding decent ones for under 6k (dependent on area).

t. honda cuck

Agreed. Love my lowered Krom . 6'3" here

>6'0" master race
>look tall to the average person
>can drive any car I want with no problem
>manlets and lanklets will never know this feeling

manlet
6'1 6'3 and 6'5 are the master races

I don't own one but when I went to test drive an IS300 I was able to sit behind myself, and I'm 6'3. Obviously wasn't very comfortable and I could barely get my fatass in it, but I could manage it in a pinch

Go back to your containment board Veeky Forums

This, I have one, and this shit is great on the front seats, I'm 6'7" and I rarely feel as comfortable as I feel on this car

What's wrong with a Prius? Ill get something more fun once i finish school and get a decent place to work/live. People seem to hate them but i cant see why. Im not insecure, so i dont need a huge truck to compensate

This. A prius has become this symbol of a walking vagina and such but really, it's a decent car that gets amazing mileage. You can argue an old shitbox could get the same mpg but it probably won't have the same features, safety, or comfort as a prius

>6'7"
holy shit. If that doesn't tell me how much room those New Beetles have, nothing else will.

>be 6'7"
>have to lean forward to see some lights due to roof blocking them
>have to duck to get into most cars
I know this feeling