/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #420

''Dude Chloe Lmao'' Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630/
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction:
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings (Obstacles):
youtu.be/WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/11166372 (Vote!)
strawpoll.me/11107672
strawpoll.me/11190596
strawpoll.me/11239475
strawpoll.me/11241922
strawpoll.me/11250190
strawpoll.me/11255728

Other urls found in this thread:

instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2016/09/dead_whale_washes_up_at_arch_c.html
strawpoll.me/11250190
youtube.com/watch?v=ETt4oW0dM1s
youtube.com/watch?v=PRQPc-PK1gM
geekremix.tumblr.com/post/131902087967/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Max is #1

>As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

BFFs, Pirates, Partners in Time & Crime & In Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't doe,or butterfly,bluejay or even shit.
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it.
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget

kill yourself kate.

>oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2016/09/dead_whale_washes_up_at_arch_c.html

guys i think we've found our qt lesbians

"Whoever sheds man's blood, By man his blood shall be shed, For in the image of God He made man. Kate will burn in hell for killing herself.

>strawpoll.me/11250190
Boy, Rachel's not having much luck.

What kind of retarded poll is that.

Never occurred to me before seeing this pic that Kate naming her bunny Alice suggests that Alice in Wonderland is her favorite children's book. I'm really dumb sometimes.

Knowing Kate possibly likes Alice in Wonderland makes me love her even more. It's my favorite book.

Kate you had you're change, STAY IN HELL!

oops, link expired.

>for killing herself.

But she didn't, thanks to Max.

WE LOVE KATE
WE LOVE MAX & CHLOE

michel can eat shit

Wowsers! Neat pic user!

The 'drink me' bottle is very reminiscent of American McGee's Alice.

Dontnod-tier poll that does not belong in the OP! I'd hope we are still better than that.

It was based on this user's suggestion.

Reminder that if the game has caused any sort of trauma to you that we are here to help and if you need more severe help and if you need to talk to someone then you can visit

www.lifeisstrange.com/talk

Good luck to you and we are always here if you need us. There is no shame in admitting your pain, remember Kate having someone to talk to saved her life too.

> Bay

>fix dissatisfying endings with dissatisfying solution

that's just retarded

youtube.com/watch?v=ETt4oW0dM1s

Max will turn 21 in a few days!
What you will give her?

>Dial the number
>Co-game Director Michel answers the phone

>''Michel my friend's cancer. We go to see her almost every day, even skipped school and started failing a few classes, we're giving him a moral to not givin up''
>You should give up. Look on the bright side, his death will help you to 'grow up' Haha :)

>''Michel, I lost my job, my wife and my kids. Now, my house's burning by some stupid accident. What should I do?''
>You should give up. Look on the bright side, after people saw you ded, you'll help them to grow up. Haha :)

>''MICHEL PLS HELP ME. SOMEONE CLOSE TO ME IS DYING NOW?!!! WHAT SHOULD I DO?''
>What are you waiting for dammit? Just give up already. Haha :)

>''My home and neighborhood is destroyed in a hurricane.''
>You are welcome :) haha!

>''Michel I'm standing behind some french and ginger haired man's back and I'm pointing a gun at him. Should I pull the trigger?''
>Haha:) Of course you should ki- BANG!

Chloe

>friendly reminder that turning off your game at the decision screen is confirmed canon ending

Hi guys, I finished LiS about a week ago, and only today it occured to me that this general might exist. It was pretty good to find out it was much less cancerous than the rest of Veeky Forums cirlecjerk.

How do you cope with the fact that the Bay ending is much more in-character for Max than the other one ?
Also, what's with the www.lifeisstrange.com/talk meme ?

Best. Gift. Ever.

Actually a nice thought too. Replaying on Max's birthday. Only the good parts of course, and the BAEst ending.

Xdddd dude x-fricking-d

>circlejerk

irony mate.

My thoughts and dedication! Every moment spent in /lisg/ is a moment spent for Max, her world, her story and her girlfriend, faithful companion, partner in crime and time, soulmate and soon-to-be fiancée Chloe Price.

...And maybe a cake.

-10/0

Friendly reminder Vampyr will fix all of LiS's storytelling mistakes.

>''So lame they don’t have co-ed dorms here''

>implying the girl who said ''think like a man,gross, i'm not into them,had stupid boy toy phases'' (also genuinely get disappointed if you chose boys locker) finds lame that blackwell not having co-ed dorms not because she's complaining they are close-minded and separating male/fem students, she said it because she wants to hook up with blackwell bros which she's finding gross
>mfw they also saying (aside from she found Jefferson as attractive like every girls did in town) she really flirted with Jefferson (not because making Max fluster since she knew she was idolizing him and she found out after their car dialogue) while they were also looking for Rachel

she may be not entirely lesbo,
but game makes it clear that she's heavily into chicks.

also if someone say ''male/female students should be in same building/class etc.'' that doesn't identify his sexuality or doesn't mean he meant it in sexual way etc. if there are people who actually thinking this, fandom's really turning cringy

>she may be not entirely lesbo,
>but game makes it clear that she's heavily into chicks.
I never understood why it's so hard for some people to understand that sexual attraction has never been and will never be black and white but grey.

>fandom's really turning cringy
^
everybody's making their own interpreations regardless what happenning in game. by reasoning ''it a choice based game, your own playthrough''

>Max is brunette
>but to my interpreation, she's blondie :^)

You are right.

I don't get why after more than a year you still haven't created a folder with LiS reaction pics though.

>Everybody... used me.
Cry me a fucking river, maybe that will revive or make whole again the people you used.

i don't know if you're against me or not i wasn't trying so hard to make her lesbo, i was just pointing out ''she may be bi or whatever, at least bi that prefers girls more''

and some people sees it as ''nah you're just trying to make her lesbo'' or whatever. but even if you are bi, sometimes you may prefer one side even more? there's nothing wrong with that. ''sexual attraction has never been and will never be black and white but grey'' as you said.

Post depressing comics.

>i was just pointing out ''she may be bi or whatever, at least bi that prefers girls more''
And I totally agree!

>tfw we'll never see them again

youtube.com/watch?v=PRQPc-PK1gM

This Max doesn't need to be sad because Chloe is alive and on a roadtrip with her!

Knowing the value of so many human lives is more important than her teenage love story, Max must live with Chloe's death. She becomes consumed with anger and frustration at the futility of it all, and blames it all on Jefferson.

This Max is a grizzled veteran of more conflict than anyone could know, and she turns her photography to detective work. After busting Jefferson, she goes on to become a detective, specializing in missing person cases, making it her personal quest to prevent what happened to Rachel Amber, and by extension, Chloe.

michel pls

Indeed.

CaH when?

>Friendly reminder that Kate will never know love and her life has no value compared with Max and Chloe

The whole growing up and accepting your fate is bullshit.
> you find out that changing the past to save your BFF/Waifu makes everybody in Arcadia Bay die.
> then you change the past yet again to make sure everything is right and (almost) nobody dies.

This is exactly same thing as saving Chloe for the first fucking time.
You find out that something you did (or didn't) will have has had terrible consequences, so you go back in time to prevent.

If Life is Strange is about growing up and accepting that some things are inevitable, then the logical decision would be to sacrifice Arcadia Bay.

but to dontnod if you don't watch your soulmate be murdered in front of you, you will be stuck as some kind of degenerate peterpan abomination forever :)

yeah eat my shit michel...

I'm the one who made these suggestions.

For the record, I was never trying to imply that these would be ideal alternatives to the actual ending choice. If I had it my way there wouldn't have been a necessary sacrifice at the end, but something else entirely.

I just felt that if the developers felt that there HAD to be some kind of sacrifice then this would make more sense than a tornado destroying the town.

>growing up and accepting that some things are inevitable

Things are never inevitable. A better lesson is to grow up and accept that you shouldn't just wish that things were different. You can't change the past, and even if you could, you shouldn't. If you have already, accept it without regrets. Everyone makes choices that affect the lives of others. Every right choice also has negative consequences, and every wrong one also has positive ones. No matter what you choose, you are preventing something good from coming to pass in some version of the future..

>You can't change the past, and even if you could, you shouldn't. If you have already, accept it without regrets.
How very convenient that this wonderful life lesson arrives after Max changes the timeline to save Chloe and not before.

Kate is crying because her good friend Max has been seduced by a harlot and will spend all of eternity in Hell.

>giving a grown up lesson by sacrifice while there's no self-sacrifice

So don't romanticize things that much.

> You can't change the past, and even if you could, you shouldn't. If you have already, accept it without regrets.

But almost everybody forced to make that kind of choice would regret the choice at some point. That is especially true for character like Max, whose character arc was pretty much about her unconditional love for Chloe. Do you think Max would be able to deal with leaving her true soulmate to die in a pool of her own blood on a toilet floor? Letting her die completely alone, believing that everybody, including her two best friends/love interests and family abandoned her?
While almost every normal human put into this kind of situation would decide to save his/her whole hometown instead of his/her best friend, being put into this situation in a videogame is very different.
Players spend whole playthrough with Max and most of it with Chloe, so they logically develop strong feelings for them, much more than for any other character in the game.Peoplelike happy endings, and letting one character die alone without remembering anything, and the other to deal with the loss is terribly sad. Much more sad than letting a whole town to die, at least from the player's perspective. But as I said, most people would let Chloe die IRL. However, LiS is not real life, and everybody likes the happyending more than the sad one.

But what do I know? I still think that our dark room over both bae and bay is the best ending.

The only way Max getting the time travel power makes any sense is if she saves Chloe. Otherwise it was all for nothing.

People can try to make out that erasing the week and letting Chloe die will help her grow up or something, but that kinda dumb.

Max suffered so much trauma and pain that week. She'll likely have mental and emotional issues from this stuff for a long time. Whatever "growth" may have come from it will be outweighed by the negative impact it has on her.

Its not just a "teenage love story". Max was given that ability at exactly the moment that allows her to save Chloe's life. That wasn't a coincidence. Max was meant to be there in that bathroom to save Chloe.

If you actually pay attention to what Max writes in her journal and what she says throughout the game its also made clear that she cares about Chloe more than anything else, and would do anything to save her. Even when she's in San Francisco and finds out the tornado is still coming, she only thinks about saving Chloe, no one else.

You might say that that's selfish, but it is how Max feels.

Michel, if you are reading this, and I know you are, you should take this as a lesson. If you want to make a game like Life is Strange again, be sure to give people more closure and not let almost every single thing unexplained, unless you want this whole depression/not letting go/suicide/meme to happen again

>While almost every normal human put into this kind of situation would decide to save his/her whole hometown instead of his/her best friend

Don't be so sure of that. Its one thing to look at a hypothetical and say "of course I'd do this", but until you've actually been in that situation you don't really know for sure.

Choose between letting a tornado hit a town, or letting the one person you care about most in the world die a painful, lonely, senseless death in a bathroom while you just sit a few feet away and listen to it, knowing you could easily prevent it.

If you actually had to make that choice, you might surprise yourself at what you'd end up doing.

he's here right?

>While almost every normal human put into this kind of situation would decide to save his/her whole hometown instead of his/her best friend, being put into this situation in a videogame is very different

You can't be serious now? Most people would put their significant other or best friend above any random amount of people. Even more so when you ask them to decide to kill him/her in order to save the others in danger, and it's not a simple save this or that choice. Because in this case, there will be many that would maybe want to do it but just can't go through with doing it.

Not to mention that for anyone to go through with such stupidity, he'd need some pretty damning evidence that it will actually work, something completely absent in this situation

>But as I said, most people would let Chloe die IRL.

No.
IRL if people was actually Max and they'd have to choose between their loved one (Chloe) and the towns people, of course people'd choose to save their loved ones first.

>But what do I know?
Apparently you know what most people would in a situation like that. I think you are assuming to know things you can't know, so what do you know indeed.

I like to think I know what I would do, but I won't pretend I actually do, let alone arrogantly assume I know what other people would. Your idea of a "normal human" is cute. If anything, the "normal human" is a selfish piece of shit that doesn't truly care - so even if it was completely selfish and careless thing to do (which it is so immensely not), that still wouldn't lead me to believe most people would choose it.

And go right ahead, you can spend the rest of your life in the Dark Room.

the devs of this game are making an awesomenauts clone, but in 3D? For what purpose?

There's a bit of Michel in all of us.

There are 3 teams at Dontnod.

The "action game" team (Remember Me and Vampyr)
The "story game" steam (Life is Strange)
The "competitive game" team (Battle Crew Space Pirates)

What are you actually trying to defend user?

>There's a bit of Michel in all of us

brb puking

But relationship on Max/Chloe level is possible only in fiction.
I partially agree with all three of you, especially with 's criticism, but let me ask you this. Do you actually have somebody in your life you consider so important for you, that you would let most people in a town, including your other friends die only fot them to live ?
It might be that I am just cynical or I haven't experienced the power of true love yet.

People always mention this Michel guy, but what do the writers of the game ( Christian Divine and Jean-Luc Cano ) have to say about the endings and what they mean?

>Implying most people wouldn't let a city go to shit just to save a loved one

even in rl

They are responsible for this shitty writing too.

But since Michel's the popular guy (plus he's the director) the guy who can't shut his damn mouth off, always saying wrong things, we hate him the most.

Well, I'm defending reasonable sanity in as much as saying we can't ever know what people would actually do in such a situation.

I worded that last sentence wrong though, it should be: so even if it was completely selfish and careless thing to do (which it is so immensely not), that still wouldn't lead me to believe most people wouldn't choose it.

I.e.: There's no simple argument to be made for either choice being the one you, most, or let alone "normal" humans would make. And especially not certain knowledge about it. Even if one of the two were selfish or whatever, that wouldn't mean people wouldn't pick it. Arguably the opposite.

We can't know. Would I let a tornado hit my hometown for my family? I think so. Doesn't mean I truly know, and most likely (and most fortunately) will never truly know.

As for Max, the answer is simple to me. How I understand her, the game and its story, there's only one choice she could ever make, one outcome I could ever see possible. And that's her and Chloe together. But hey! By the powers of imagination combined, we can meet and say Max will in both endings figure out how to solve everything, go back one final time and make everything well, and from there continue to heal and grow and be in love ever so mutually with Chloe!

>friendly reminder that you will never know what the VA cast truly believes because michel stands behind them in every interview

>go back one final time and make everything well
but then she'd always stay a child :)

>chloe won't make woman out of her

Perhaps. A child however that conquered the world. The child is the father of the man - mother of the woman.

The "adult" mindset is weak anyway. They all too often stop to wonder and believe. Carrying your youth into adulthood, now that is a coming-of-age I can dig!

If there was a ''self-sacrifice'' option: ''Sacrifice Yourself'' vs ''Sacrifice Town'' then we could say yeah there was a selfish option. But it still wouldn't make it as bad choice, I mean how could saving your loved one can be a bad choice?

But in these endings you're deciding who'll live and who'll die. Chloe offers you a thing and says she will be okay with whatever you'll choose. So there's no selfish option at this situation. Letting Chloe die for all people's sake also a selfish choice if you ask to me. Because you're not sacrificing yourself, you actually decided her death.

>How I understand her, the game and its story, there's only one choice she could ever make, one outcome I could ever see possible. And that's her and Chloe together

Agreed.

I wonder how many weeks it took to rebuild Arcadia more beautifully than it has ever been, and how long it took for the handful of injured people to fully recover...

What I do know is that Max and Chloe finally made that roadtrip to Big Sur and beyond. So full of life and light.

Does anyone else feel that Kate is overrated? She doesn't really have any depth compared with other cast members like Chloe or even Rachel.

Here. I have probably expressed myself wrong. There is no way Max would choose Chloe to die, but I wanted to say that I don't think that this kind of situation would ever occur in real life (not considering rewind powers and evil teachers)

Max was given that ability at exactly the moment that allows her to save Chloe's life.
yeah or she had the power all along and just never was put into a situation dire enough to have found out she could use it. maybe she's part of the xmen or something, maybe wizards gave it to her. no one knows.

>MAX DON'T GROW UP IT'S A TRAP

Friendly reminder the only way to grow up is to watch your childhood friend get murdered. :)

There is no reason for the government to waste money and resources on a town that had no future to begin with. The smart thing to do would just be to relocate the survivors to better homes.

Yes, we can argue there's selfishness in sacrificing Chloe without a doubt.

These ending arguments are always lame like that anyway. There is no good argument to be made there, and the comparing of the endings against each other is futile and boring. Sharing one's own opinion on preferring either is the only worthwhile thing I can see - apart from not talking about the endings at all!

Well, the premise was the exact situation set in real life.

That said, I have yet to become jaded enough to think there can't be a love as powerful as they share in life. And aside from the supernatural shizzle and by extension the larger-than-life time-transcending, universe-defying nature of that love, their relationship is pretty believably translatable into real life.

But I get what you mean. And I agree, we shouldn't even try to translate any of it into real life to begin with. That's unhealthy and... unfruitful on many a level.

>I wonder how many weeks it took to rebuild Arcadia

I'm only giving 2 days or 4 days at worst.

BEGONE YOU FOUL DEMON.
THERE'S ONLY ME IN THIS TIMELINE

or to get drugged and killed by your favorite teacher.
Don't forget, kids, growing up means the loss of innocence

Don't bully her future husband!

>geekremix.tumblr.com/post/131902087967/
>Headcanon is that Chloe gets back to college, gets a degree in Biochemistry. Gets a PHD.
>Finds a low cost cure for several diseases. Saves millions of lives.
>Fuck Arcadia Bay.
Is she really the ideal wife for Michel? I didn't think he'd be into someone so fanatically pro-bae.

She actually like both endings, plus save town ending was her one of theory.
And when it comes to butter Michel up, she could be a bayfag too, so don't believe her lies.