Falling for the Jeep Wrangler meme

>falling for the Jeep Wrangler meme

Other urls found in this thread:

autoblog.com/photos/cars-that-depreciate-the-slowest/#slide-3339826
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The choice of fratboys. Watch as they're dad pays for their maintenance, Patagonia hat, and the Yeti cooler in the back. All needed to travel the treacherous, mile long campus.

JK prices are on par with luxury sedans and the four door ones look like they wish they were little Hummers.

>hating on Patagonia
How. Patagonia is an excellent, albeit pricey brand.

>He bought the JK

No hate. It's just the hat of choice here for the dudebros.

great for taking 7/10 tattooed, fat from drinking bitches to the lake

I used to laugh at dipshits who have more than the value of my house invested in their JK mall crawlers while driving around in my $1100 XJ.

>jeep
NO

I like my XJ but its so bad everything broke and it only has 150k miles on it

Dont do it

DONT

Coming from a jeepfag

Unless its a basher or offroad rig dont.

They are mechanically shit and terrible onroad

Everything went to shit about 92. Even the mighty 4.0L is prone to cracking piston skirts from 96-04.

Chrysler. Where good things go to die.

Nah my engine is great i just got electrical gremlins i gotta fix and the Transfer case needs rebuilding i got a donor one tho.

Havent had the money for wheeling lately

I just had a 5.2L in a Grand Cherokee collapse a piston after a life of religious oil changes and meticulous maintenance. The LA small block has been in production for how long now? Late 90's domestics. Never again.

>wanting to be an entry level """luxury""" sedan and be cucked by dealers
>wanting to be a rebadged chevy
Urbanfags will never understand. Pic related is my driveway.

>being poor

You can't even afford to hire some fucking beaners to shovel your driveway so you can drive whichever car you like.

Or get a heated driveway.

Jokes on you, faggot.

>shoveling or heating a 1/2 mile long driveway

Swear to fuck XJs are the nuggets of cars. Zero reason for everyone not to have one just in the driveway. Cheap as shit, cheap as shit to maintain, labor is cheap as shit, parts grow on fucking trees. AMC means 'All Makes Compatible' for a reason as well.

My only regret is that I saw an MJ first and I am beating my head against a wall trying to get any part behind the fucking door handle. Axles are nonexistent without modifying XJ pulloffs.

Why in the fuck would you buy a grand cherokee
They are ugly as fuck, have gremlins in every fucking system, and the I6 was the best engine they ever put in a heep. Those fuckers barely ever have it and every other engine is a fuckpit. I've found the best advice to be to consider any engine in a modern heep that isn't the 4.0 to be the same thing as the 2.8 V6 and pay it the same heed.

>got an '89 with the cast iron block
>recently rebuilt
The only fucking problem is the Renix computer but fuckit it's better to do it all by hand anyway.

>v8 jeep
LOL NOPE

>living in the snow like some sort of hick
Jokes on you dickhead fuck off desu

That is a long way to be off the street lol wtf man. To each their own, I take you appreciate solitude.

I couldn't dig that so I'll deal with the gentrified hipster downtown and city parking. Do you just drive on the eventual rutted sheet of ice not giving a fuck every time you leave home?

>being poor

>Not buying things that depreciate rapidly makes me financially inferior

Okay kid.

real talk, they are one of like...5 US domestic vehicles that hold any real value

Alas it's a memetax tho

This better be b8

autoblog.com/photos/cars-that-depreciate-the-slowest/#slide-3339826

It's also because it has very few perceived direct competitors. That's one of the main reasons FJ Cruisers hold value so well, people see them as one of the few alternatives to a Wrangler

I would agree with that. I wish somebody would just put out another highly modifiable tin can with a solid hunk of iron engine for once this decade. I hate the new Cherokee. It's practically a damn Lexus.

>Why in the fuck would you buy a grand cherokee
I thought I wanted one. I was wrong. It was fun while it ran.

>got an '89 with the cast iron block
I had a 90 with a 4.0 and an AX-15. Renix 4.0's are insane. I've heard stories of them reaching 500k miles without being rebuilt. The Renix management system does suck. I never got mine to idle right. The closed cooling system was a pain in the ass too.

I had a 91 after that, basically the same setup except the 4.0 HO was a lot noisier than the Renix. Neither one stranded me ever. I'm still kicking myself for letting the 91 go. It was from Colorado with absolutely no rust, nice Loredo interior with power everything and an AX-15.

Depreciating slow is still depreciating.

With the FJ Cruiser now out of production, that slice of the market is even thinner. If Nissan wasn't so useless, they could have used the retirement of the Xterra to bring out something to compete in that market..

>those feels when we never got the G Wagon Wrangler in America

>I hate the new Cherokee

The new Jeeps are all soccer mom mobiles.

>no front locker
>ifs
>3.91 max gear ratio(for manual only(;^)
>no removable top
Yeah, real direct competitor. Lift kits are expensive too.

>the new Cherokee. It's practically a damn Lexus

A lexus would be much better. That piece of shit is literally a lifted dodge dart. I wish every one of them would be crushed.

Hopefully the Bronco does well

Patriot and Compass are rental car fodder

Renegade is a rebadged Fiat

The Wrangler is the Wrangler

GC/C are nice in higher trim levels, but still suffer from all the typical FCA build quality and reliability issues

>perceived direct competitors.
>perceived

doesn't matter how well they compare technically, the FJ is one of the few vehicles people who are looking at a wrangler will cross shop against it and possibly buy

The new Bronco will be an overpriced unreliable boomer hauler like the early 2000's Thunderbird.

no

Yes. Look at the pictures. You think that will sell for under 50k?

Tbh I was too hard on the FJ and I actually like it. I guess Toyota didn't renew it because they thought they filled its place with the 4runner???

Ford has already announced it will be priced along basically the same lines as the F-150, so entry level/base models around 26-28K, with top end models topping out 60K+with all the bells and whistles

Possibly, although sales had dropped down to about 15k units a year from a peak of almost 50K back in 2007. I think gas prices and all automakers pushing customers towards crossovers probably took a toll as well

The serious question here should be how do these things handle at highway speeds

Those are just renders, I doubt it'll end up looking anything like that.

Only way it will end up costing that much is if they make a special version of it like the raptor

And what kind of Hp/L do they have?

They will make a Platinum trim for everyone who wants a 60K Bronco I'm sure

What happened to Chrysler? Why did they turn to shit?

I feel like they never really had a place left after the whole oil thing.

GM started making cheap as fuck world cars that are basically just rebadged opels or whatever. They don't care for what they make, other than money. Don't complain about GM small cars anymore, they basically have nothing to do with them.

Ford went to shit for a while, almost died in 08, but then became the most European American car maker. And i gotta say, i love the new ford. Inb4 ecomeme. Ecoboost is cool, it's just faggots going retarded over them that's bad.

Chrysler is just what? We bought AMC! Here's a jeep that's no long what it used to be, also don't ford more than 10 inches pls.

Oh yea cherokee? Here have a fiat.

Cant afford the cherokee? Here's a cheaper fiat. Don't worry, this one comes with an unreliable gimmick transmission too!

Oh here's some other unibody shit that can't off road. don't worry that trail rated badge will give you assurance (warranty void if taken on trail) HERE'S A BIG CHEROKEE! IT'S JUST AN SUV! It has rising suspension so you can go over all the curbs in the lot!

Dodge and Chrysler itself:
Here's a car. Here's a bigger a car, Here's a big luxury car, It's square, here's a van (actually the caravan is probably one of the few things Chrysler did right). . HELLCAT IT'S TRUE AMERICAN MUSCLE (made in Canada) Though i love the charger a lot. Challenger not so much, but charger makes me happy. How reliable is it? inb4: HAHAHAHAHA

Plymouth: Rip in peace.

Oh and of course
Fix
It
Again
Tony

DON'T TOUCH THE ABARTH! NO TOUCHY!

What's Chryslers purpose?

>What's Chryslers purpose?
To sell 'image' based cars to people with bad credit that can't afford anything else

I once used this example in a thread months ago, but this is the jist of it: People WANT a Honda Odyssey, they'll go look at one, drive one, swoon over how nice they think it is, then walk down the street and buy aT&C for a third of the price because it's all they can afford

Nigs want a rolls royce but they'll get a 300 instead

Exactly

And if you look at Dodge, they even structure there own lineup to do the same thing

>cant afford a Charger? get an Avenger!
>can't afford a Challenger? Get a Dart!
>can't get that T&C? Get a Grand Caravan!

Thats doing a disservice to the Lexus LX. About 1000x more capable than that badge mobile

wait people actually can't afford Honda Odysseys? What inner city scum do you cater to LPG?