Looking for a new car, can Veeky Forums help?

So I'm looking for a new car. Something I can drive for the next 5-10-15 years. It's been a while since I've been here, but thought it could be a good source on information.

Looking for cheap (to buy and repair), reliable, and preferably fun to drive and somewhat unique. Last two points are no where near as important as the first two, but still preferred. Don't mind turning a wrench myself for a bit, but anything major I'd end up bringing it in. Namely transmission or deep engine issues.

Budget is ~10k but obviously would rather spend less than that. I've found a CPO 2012 Ford Fiesta with 30k on the clock for 8k. Would that be worth it?

Any and all help and recommendations will be greatly appreciated!

Other urls found in this thread:

fiestast.org/forum/fiesta-st-discussions/6777-clutch-failed-dealer-said-its-not-covered.html
fiestast.org/forum/fiesta-st-maintenance/4870-overheating-second-summer-row.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Jezk7GtokY0
youtube.com/watch?v=7RyWXIB_pVM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

As long as the Fiesta is a manual you should be good to go.

It was. I've seen bad things about the autos in those but nothing but praise for the manual. I haven't looked too much into the long term-ness of those, are they pretty good?

10k cash or financing?

Financing through my parents. So 10k cash. Have 5, was going to finance the last ~5 but they don't want me to have a loan that big at 22.

Civic Ep3. Cleanest one you can find for 5k.

Those are what, 06-11?

Or the second gen, early 2000's?

>hurr get a Civic
OP wants something good not boring

OP here, good and boring aren't mutually exclusive according to my requests, just would prefer less boring. Also, boring civics in my area get super riced, so the chances of finding one of those is about like a needle in a haystack,

Get a used rx8

Roommate had a co-worker looking to sell one actually. Main concern is prior negligence, and potentially major repair costs for a rotary.

Don't touch any of the ones with a turbo, either. They are known to spit it out like a baby with a dummy on a regular basis.

If its cheap and it runs fine, just get it and if the rotary craps out just scrap it. I wouldnt give more than 4k for them

It will also probably run fine for 5 or 6 years and they handle GREAT with acceptable power (~200hp)

Well even for 4k part of my mindset is to not have to *look* for a new car for a few years, not just pay for one.

See >15520605

>Ford Fiesta

Even the ST has issues (massive oil leaking from turbo into the valves that needs a catch can to stop, transmission clunkiness, cooling system that tends to fail after 50k, clutch's exploding)

[citation needed]

More on the forums.

fiestast.org/forum/fiesta-st-discussions/6777-clutch-failed-dealer-said-its-not-covered.html
fiestast.org/forum/fiesta-st-maintenance/4870-overheating-second-summer-row.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Jezk7GtokY0

>first two sources are the same person
>1 youtube video
Oh wow

Plenty on the forums. Do your homework, not doing it for you.

youtube.com/watch?v=7RyWXIB_pVM