/acg/ - Armored Core General: There's Your Answer Edition

For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin: pastebin.com/Ek3kMtZW
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially approved recommendation list:
pastebin.com/WSq32Amg (updated february 28th)

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>There's a king on a throne with his eyes torn out

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>There's a blind man looking for a shadow of doubt

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
_________ask______

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI

Understanding Last Raven technical stuff.
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/Ek3kMtZW),
pastebin.com/WSq32Amg
exhentai.org/g/548717/c8911d8e45/
thebitbag.com/armored-core-6-release-soon-fromsoftware-confirms-game-development/182124
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>wake up at 7:something
>thread archived in under an hour and forty minutes
I guess Veeky Forums got really busy this morning.

Same here, it was a sad way to start the day.

So uh, for the next thread:
- Remove the /acg/ pastebin (pastebin.com/Ek3kMtZW), it's outdated and replace it with pastebin.com/WSq32Amg

-Look into the archives and rescue the recommendation pastebin, the current one is just the main pastebin but misnamed. Or just remove it altogether, not like it's up to date anymore.

AC 6 when?

About to start up V as my first AC game. I heard a lot of things about 4 and 4A being kinda like the black sheep of the series. Not sure how much of that is true but here I am at V. VD is the direct sequel to V right?

bump

ok, V is not the best place to start, specially since the pvp is down for good.

>4/4A being black sheep

False, speically 4A, they main hate they get is how fast they are and how easy they are compared to previous game, but those a good entries for a newbie.

Check pic related.

V is not a good place to start because it was designed for online-only and the servers are down.

Verdict day is probably the best place to start. You don't lose much. The story in VD takes place ~100 years after V (V and VD are really similar to AC2 and AC2:AA in that way).

AC1 through last Raven:
>Single Player Focus
>Main enemies are other ACs
>Slower ground based combat
>Flight but no Quickboost
>Very restricted amounts of energy
>Later parts are obviously better than early ones
>Technological society atmosphere

AC4 and FA
>Single Player Focus
>Main enemies are large NPCs
>Fast aerial combat
>Flight with Quickboost
>nearly infinite energy
>All parts are about the same usefulness
>Deserted apocalypse atmosphere

ACV/VD
>Multiplayer Focus
>Main enemies are NPCs and other ACs
>Slower ground based combat (Shared with LR)
>"floating" with Quickboost (shared with 4)
>restricted energy (shared with LR)
>All parts are about the same usefulness (shared with 4)
>Deserted apocalypse atmosphere (shared with 4)

4 and 4A is definitely the "black sheep" of the series, but VD is a "grey sheep" also. It shares a lot of similar elements with the PS2 games but most of the atmosphere and game design is closer to FA.

Also, by "later parts are obviously better than early oes" I mean that in the Pre-PS3 games most of the parts you get in the first third of the game are replaced by universally "Better" versions of them later. In 4th and 5th gen (probably for multiplayer balance) you start off with equipment that is still useful at the end of the game. More parts just unlocks more customization options. AC4/FA in particular changed it up by having no "starter" equipment, you start with parts used by some of the strongest enemies, but you use "tuning" points acquired throughout the game to raise your total power instead.

bump

ACV is an okay game, but don't let it give you a strong opinion on AC in general. It's generally considered to be one of the worst games in the franchise.

bump.

I want that model kit so bad, but I'm flat broke....

Bump

Get EDF

F

Why live?

Bump.

rip

bump

[red butterfly intensifies]

Also, to start some thread productivity. Favorite mission from any AC game? Mine is Destroy Massive Weapon in AC2AA.

Forgot the picture.

I really like that main story mission on V where you have to escape the city after the cooperation betrayed Father and ruin everthing. Somehow it made me have that feeling of urge and danger.

That's one was one of the best missions in ACV.

Bump.

Destroy Silent Avalanche from AC4, on hard. Only mission where Normals were actually dangerous in all of 4th gen.

>he never got cocky and got punched to death by the Normals in B7

Would you?

Is an all S rank AC possible?

rip in peace

Would destroy again.

I never tried myself. I wouldn't follow the build ranks too close, they're pretty flawed and work on breakpoints. I've had mechs with C energy rating that behaved just as well as A rank ones.
But I assume you're just going for the fun so whatever.

Front Mission 4 Bump.

Bump.

>armored core a new order of next back
Is that a book? Sounds like a cringey fanfic.

Destroy Nobless

Book that will never be translated.

exhentai.org/g/548717/c8911d8e45/
Check for yourself.

no torrent? damn it would take forever to download all this

Also I just realized the art link in the pastebin is down

bump

bump

Alrighty, M4World Dev here

made a new progress post It might not look like much but it's a giant milestone in the development. For the demo all performance values were hardcoded; they were static numbers I picked to make the player move in a certain way, to get a certain feel. Now however all numbers and thus the performance of the mech are based on whatever the player equipped in the Garage: basically CUSTOMIZATION IS IN

>basically CUSTOMIZATION IS IN
YES

Good news everyone

thebitbag.com/armored-core-6-release-soon-fromsoftware-confirms-game-development/182124

>Regardless, there is still some evidence that points to the rumor being true.

What evidence? the rest of the article is stuff we have already theorized here and probably other AC communities too, I was expecting some new hints.

How would you guys feel if the next armored core was a slower paced(think bloodborne) fantasy/steampunk game?

>fantasy/steampunk

Nah it wouldnt be AC. AC has always being more a kind of cyberpunk (advance technolog but shit society + ruled by companies) At best, it could work as spin off trying to merge Souls serie with AC (maybe more with bloodborne since its a gothic-victorian setting) than a sequel, even if its a reboot.

Oh, I know the ranking is bullshit but I was just playing around with numbers to see if it's possible.

Engrish.

Armored Core very fast "mech" go! attack number 10

This is the same bullshit article that was posted a few days ago and has since been reposted around the internet with no sources.

The evidence originally claimed that a member of DualShockers got a comment from Miyazaki claiming that AC was "in development" but with no source, no interview, no quote, and no evidence that he was ever in a room with someone from Dualshockers. 24 hours later they deleted the article, but not before it was reposted across the web.

The only hardcore evidence that exists is the loose connection between two interviews, which state:
a) a new armored core game will eventually come out
b) one of the 3 games they're working on is a reboot.

Nothing else is confirmed.

Daily reminder.

The series isn't even dead yet and this still makes me sad

Probably because you can also applied to any other serie that has beeng forgotten in favor of more mainstream things, despise being a good product on itself.

Is there another part to this?

I think that's the last one, unless KZM did another one and I missed.

I love these. Got any more?

Only one

HEAVY OMER WHEN?

Never.

This one counts?

looks nice

Is it just me or does the thread hit page 10 a lot faster than usual?

There is no black sheep of the series. They're all good in different ways.

Except Nine Breaker. That game can go straight to robot hell.

Well, right now ACV is a pretty dark grey sheep, at least when it comes to singleplayer.
Out of the 8 AC games I've played, it's the one I enjoyed the least. But those didn't include Ninebreaker so maybe I'm still in time to play something even worse.

rood

Yeah is hitting 10 fast, is amazing that is still alive when we recently had a thread that reach bump limit.

Ninebreaker is basically a training mode for Last Raven and nothing else. There's no real story, it's poorly balanced, and most of the actual gameplay is frustrating because they have a lot of arbitrary requirements for each mission.

Looks like a strange lovechild between Tellus and Soldner.

Well Aldra used to be a subsidiary of Interior Union and in FA is stated that they still have a good relationship despise Aldra separating from Interior

BUMP

WHY RIDE THE EDGE

Sexy ACs when?

What's /acg/ playin right now?