Weirdest/most retarded thing you've ever seen someone do while driving

So I'm riding with a guy from work yesterday and I noticed that he kept using the overdrive toggle on the shifter to engine brake.

Like, whenever there was a situation where he would need to slow down a little, or when he was going down a hill, instead of using the brakes, he would turn off overdrive, which would send up the revs an slow the car down.

Never seen anyone do that in my life and I can't imagine it's good for the transmission though I can't really imagine why. It just feels like something you shouldn't do.

What's the weirdest/dumbest thing you've ever seen someone do while driving?

2/10

OK.jpg

I use the AC for that in summer, at least on long drives. Considering the ratio between the engine power and the power the AC requires, it's pretty effective for downhill stuff. Gotta switch it off going up steep hills, though.

I've seen someone driving while not paying attention at all. She was probably doing something on her phone.

a guy driving a car with headphones on. he aso had a bernie sticker

pull out in front of me and not even attempt to go fast enough

>Weirdest/most retarded thing you've ever seen someone do while driving
I once saw someone driving RWD. just... WHY?

It's no different than having it downshift when you press the gas. It's called engine braking. Some auto cars even have a "B" on the gear selector now for just this.

Wouldn't downshifting boost the AC? I thought it worked off of the engine.

> Downshifting
> While doing 80MPH on the motorway
> Downshifting
> While doing 3.5k RPM
> Adding revs to your engine to slow it down
> When it's already going fast

No wonder you americans go through cars so fast. 5th gear is employed from 35MPH all the way up to the maximum speed of the car. 50MPH if you're accelerating quickly.
If you're not IN 5th, you're not moving fast enough for the AC to be efficient anyway, so you open a pair of windows for airflow.
Or if you're stopped, playing with the gearstick won't do shit because you're not moving, and your only hope for cooling is either a crosswind or the AC.

I haven't seen this since I'm in burgerland and nobody drives manual but 99% of the manual learning videos on youtube mention this
>Don't use the clutch to hold yourself on a hill... use the brake
>they stop at a hill, are holding the clutch to the bite point, and giving it a small amount of gas so that the car is "stopped" on the hill
>holds it like this for 120 seconds or however long they are stopped
such a common thing in manual learning vids because there are a lot of people who actually fucking do this...

Back in high school, my friend fried his clutch doing that. Expensive lesson learned.

The worst I've seen is someone typing a Word document on their laptop in traffic in downtown San Francisco. Pretty heavy traffic so I guess you'd actually have time to get something done, but still.

A coworker saw someone glue together a model SR-71 while stuck in freeway traffic in LA. I so hope he wasn't exaggerating.

The only explanation I can come up with this shit is they live in a city with bad traffic, and think they're being clever by "staying productive" with some retarded in-car project. Reminds me of top gear's ukraine episode where they bought completely random how-tos like how to become a magician to ease the bordeom of the long trip, but in that case there wasn't a car for 300 miles on a highway.
>hnnnng I am suffering in traffic every day
>I know I'll buy a toy plane and put it together right in the middle of bumper to bumper rush hour traffic so I can keep my mind off of it for the 3 hour trip both ways
>I'm so smart

I'll use the engine brake in my work truck to help climb hills and go down hills, or for rapid acceleration when needed. Of course, its pretty heavy and can chew through brakes because of it, so every bit helps.

> Downshifting
> While doing 80MPH on the motorway
i mean, i've done that a couple times

Nothing wrong with engine braking.

Someone I know was rolling at 5 mph and put it in reverse and the reverse light came on while rolling pretty fast forward while parking on on the street

Top kek. They are called hybrids you fucking goose.

The B stands for "Back, it up."

>be me
>going ~80 in a 65, far left lane, already bookin' it
>dude in a gold/beige 2003-2007 Accord is barreling up behind me
>i cant get out of the way because there are cars in the adjacent lanes
>dude is tailgating the shit out of me, can't see his hood
>good time to mention i'm driving a brand new car, with temporary tags on it, brand fucking new
>he's visibly pissed and wants me to speed up
>i don't because i'm already hauling ass and i'm not going to speed up for this fuck
>tired of this shit he swerves two lanes over
>think to myself "glad that's over"
>next thing I know he's in front of me
>brake checks the fuck outta me
>"okay guy, easy bud, enough is enough"
>i put on blinker, attempt to switch one lane over
>he copy's my move
>"alright fucker, quit it"
>switch lanes again
>he copy's again
>"FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING FUCK"
>switch lanes one last time
>he stays, slows down to match my speed and flips me off, then rockets away
>i sit there stunned

The kicker was that it was a bald dude with wrap-around sunglasses, wearing what I can only describe as Dicky Roberts-type gloves, pic related

Whoever you are, fuck you and fuck your beige Accord

Please leave this place and never come back. There is nothing wrong with revving an engine, there is a rev limiter for a reason. Also a/c works at 0kph as when you turn it on, fans come on at the same time to pull air over the condenser. Gay cunt.

> Be me, forever ago
> On a road trip in the North East
> 8 hours into an 11 hour drive
> Driving clearly modified GTI
> Cruise control set to 5 over
> Approaching some town in CT
> Mexican dude appears out of nowhere
> Beat to shit Honda hatch
> Doing approximately warp 3
> Slows to kinda match my pace as he passes
> Looks over at me and guns his engine
> No honk or other indication of race
> Didn't even turn off cruise control
ricerflyby.webm
> Farting/Droning noise gets loud as he gets approx 50ft ahead
lolslow.png
> All of a sudden its like glitter comes out the back of his car
hondasaregay.proof
> Wonder what just happened
> windshield gets covered in oil mist.
maximum.kek
> Drive by as he attempts to pull off

I shit you not it gets better

> Berries and Cherries
> Cop witnessed mexifriend attempt to street race
> Blown engine and #rekt by the cops

> MFW

Have you considered not being a dickhead?

>overuse of filename.meme

kill.yourself

I would be happy if I could make a driver that mad. Truly happy. I would do nothing but change lanes so he can't get in front and brake check and proceed to be filled with utter bliss knowing I have made someone so angry.

I mean if you money shift it would be bad but I see nothing wrong with shifting from 4th to 3rd if you're at 2000 RPM or so. As long as you blip the throttle to revmatch the synchros and clutch won't be working very hard.

>running dat nasty kush across state lines
>twin turbo supercharged vtec enhanced C6 sucking down NOS like nothing (two of the big ones of course)
>custom one-off spoiler keeping the car planted firm
>feeling froggy decide to take a corner a bit faster
>bury the pedal
>so many horses scream through my 8000BHP V8 (it runs 11's) the tail end starts skidding
>see a filthy pigcop parked at the offramp
>rip a fukken hektik skid and flip him the bird
>hit 270mph on the straightaway, spilling bong water all over my stacks of cash
>they'll never catch me
>just another day as the king

read his post again m8
he was in the left lane, and the guy came up behind him after he was blocked on the right by other cars.

he moved out of the way when he could and the rager in the accord followed him even though he apparently wanted to go fast

>the engine spins faster in 5th than 1st
>the AC doesn't work off of the crank
Alrighty, how's little school?

Fucking idiots. I can't believe people actually teach that shit.

Sounds like a typical day in CT

Also my story
>buddy and me driving home from party
>pass Hill and see a car parked on it
>as we get closer to it we see it's on a jack
>there is a man changing his tire on the hill
>laugh the entire way home
>mfw we don't know if he ever made it off that hill

what's funny about this?

>car approaches stop light
>car stops
>driver and front passenger exit car and switch seats

Was behind a kid for several miles in town a while back. About 95% of the time he was steering with his knee and going to town on his steering wheel with a pair of drum sticks.

Weirdest thing I've personally done is masturbate, which is honestly probably fairly normal.

I would pay money to see someone pull up alongside and their passenger snatch the wheel from him

...or accidentally dropping it while driving.

An user with an imported R32 did that once. Should have saved the story Ricer had to pull off to the side of the road.

kekked hard to this

>all cars have the same rev ranges and gear ratios

Here's my dumb mistake today.
>miss my turn because I was in the wrong lane
>change lanes and plan for u-turn at next light
>left on green arrow only
>green arrow, begin u-turn
>semi trailer coming from my left rolls through light to make right turn
>slam on my brakes and lay on horn
>quickly realize he has a green arrow and the right of way
>he looks pissed
>decide to go different way