/ctg/ Car Totaled General

Well guys.

New car for 15k start giving me ideas.

ay man we heard you like mud baths so

Lol the mud is like an inch deep. Neighbors who have lived here for something like 11 years and haven't seen anything like this.

E46 M3, WRX, have GTOs gotten that cheap yet?

What? Happened?

Dunno yet for this area. Was thinking about getting manual again, I got autotragic for my work commute and was gonna get a project car to weekend drive. Commute ended up not being too bad.

what do you want actually?

Crazy flash food. Hasn't rained in over a week, got 4 inches overnight.

I'm thinking used Lexus, maybe Fiesta ST.
Too soon to tell

test driving it is then i guess

If you go the Lexus route, check out IS300s. Probably a bit older than what you can afford, but 15k is plenty for a clean low mileage manual IS300 plus a very healthy budget for maintenance (lol) and mods. It's a great platform too - it comes with a 2jz-ge and a near perfect weight distribution.

That's what I was thinking in the way of lexus. Also had g35 and mazdaspeed6 in mind. Are focus ST's still having heat issues?

Speed6s are cool but they're memes. They're fwd until the gas pedals floored

True. They have tons of aftermarket, that's where most of my interest came from.

Here's an idea: read the sticky.

But I'm not poor.

Damage doesnt look too horrible, you gonna sell it or is insurance taking it?

>automatic
And nothing of value was lost

>automatic
And nothing of value was lost

Replace the carpet and seats for a couple grand and keep it. Just let it air out before you put the new stuff in.

Fucking captcha.

>strip interior

YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO

Is that a Dacky mackrel or whatever the fuck? (not sure if that character is named Dacky or what, excuse me I'm new and have only heard about that. From watching 30 rock.)

Gonna let insurance have at it. The water was well above the intake and likely seeped past the throttle body. Not even going to attempt to fix that sort of damage. It even released the hood latch, I guess it shorted it?

Deeeeeece

Former Lexus employee here. If you can find an IS 300 that wasn't assfucked by some daddy's money boyracer fucking get it. You'll have the keys for 3k-5k with all that money left over to get that 2JZ back to what it's SUPPOSED to be, and still have some left over. I recommend getting tires, rotors and pads that won't wear out in a 15k miles because "muh ride quality," Lexus loves to give it's sportier stuff really soft shit. Make sure the pads and rotors are matched, don't get aftermarket pads and keep the stock rotors or vice versa.

I've always wanted an IS in a Swedish M90 camo wrap with an obnoxious 90's GT spoiler.

Can someone please answer this question; I've been hitting the refresh button every few minutes for what feels like hours. Much appreciated!

that really fucking sucks. I had 2 cars flood so far. 1st time it was my old shitbox so I just removed the interior and power washed it, let it dry in sun. meanwhile I worked on changing all fluids cleaning out my intake, and it started right up

2nd time was a brand new car and I went through insurance since it hit the dash (RIPPERINO). ended up financing something cheaper after

technically there was a 3rd time but it was a family vehicle, and my brother was dumb enough to move his car when it was already high enough to reach his intake
>mfw he called me the next morning saying he stalled out
had to pull spark plugs then water shot out when we cranked it. intake and everything also came out. car smelled like absolute fucking death since he never wanted to remove the interior

dakimakura

no please go order one of fuck off normie

Did you not see "flash flood watch is in effect until x:xx"? How close are you to this fucking creek/pond? You could easily attempt to fix this.

Sorry, didn't quite understand the last sentence. But thanks for the tip--is that a Japanese word (I'm assuming) or is it Malaysian or the like? Not so familiar with this Hindu-Buddi stuff, hah.

you're going on the list

What list? Where are the mods here by the way, and how can I tell when one posts and/or moves my post to the corred thread?

I'm just a little confused with what you meant.

"no please go order one of fuck off normie" for research purposes, haha. Thanks

Nah it happened in the middle of the night. Didn't hear it go off because of that whole sleeping thing

Might also add that the water was up to the dash. So if by "easily" you mean have to completely gut my car and disassemble the dash. And figure out the engine damage, that's the big unknown.

Please respond guys, I don't think it's fair that I'm ignored for not having an account or whatever. Be fair

Who even are you

Kill yourself already

A fucking massive faggot that can't stop sucking cocks, I also like stance and vaping

Not down to give anyone but the site admin (or whatever the box sends it to) my name, and I doubt you would know me anyway.

Sorry, but I had to report you and I never do that. I don't understand what vendetta you hold against me.
Same to you, Donkey Kong fan. (and as a fellow fan I have to say I'm a little disappointed.)

do you think you're funny?

Absolutely, haha, why?

Ahh, pictures only looked like up to the door speakers. Thats pretty totaled if it reached the dash.

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, fuck off normie

I don't think me is funny, I think me should suck a tasty dick or something.

THIS POSTER IS NOT ME. PLEASE DON'T BAN ME. I'm waiting for someone to offer a mature rebuttal or converse with me, none of this whack garbage.

>living in kentucky

Well you did admit to filing a report which is a "bannable offense" good luck kid.

DO NOT RESPOND TO THE OBVIOUS TROLL

Hit a deer and totalled my Subaru Outback. After the settlement check and selling the car I'm coming out with like $3300, which is a lot more than I expected.

Here's the picture my neighbor took of the flood. Mine is the car with the dome lights on kek

Ffs forgot pic

Can you say that in a measurement for 1st world people?

4 european dingywingies

I said 1st world, not UK.

Sure, 4 inches.
Oh wait, you don't understand what "first world" means, do you?

It boggles the mind that 3rd worlders can speak roughly 3 irrelevant languages but cant comprehend a slightly different scale of numeric measurement.

Clearly you don't.

Can, but I'm not gonna bother myself with a shit system.

2007-09 Legacy Spec B's are just above your budget. 2.5GT's are cheaper and easier to find, if you're willing to give up the STI 6 speed.

I'll give that a look thanks

Did pic related getting hektic on a gravel "road". Thinking of a 2.5i or 2.0 turbo liberty, but am open to suggestions.

How about a minivan with a throttle restriction plate so you don't kill yourself

retarded shit
probably done by an yuropoor

good job user

Jesus if there had been people with you....

Iron duke camaro is all I'll give you and it's all you deserve.

Jesus christ user.

something manual transmission and not fwd.

You Salem County, OP?

Crashed it
Swapping the engine into a new shell as soon as I can get one.

rip, story?

this only made 100hp while being 2,000kg empty, the problem was
>light as fuck rear end
>RWD
>failed front brakes
after the crash, I've been heading down the cliff to get parts off it to sell since the drive train is very valuable because diesel. one thing i found, the left side rotor was completely locked up, when draining the fluid, engine coolant came out, the only explanation for this is the brake lines run through the oil cooler which is a water-fluid exchange. so that was at least a contributing factor to the sudden over steering->catastrophic under steer i experienced.
friend was with me, both got nothing but a few scratches and bruises from the seat belt pretensioner. got to talk to fire fucks so that was p.cool.

>Aus
>First world

I'm fucking dying right now

Going to look at this tomorrow

330hp/270tq
RWD
2 owners, 99k miles
$12.5k

Seems fair for this area

pic is not from actual dealership*

just similar

Fun to drive in a straight line, but my god you notice the weight as soon as you turn the wheel

>Nissan with 100k miles
I'd stay away

Apparently the G35/G37 are pretty damn reliable. They use the Q engines I believe? And those are known to be their good engine.

I fully intend to upgrade the suspension and add sway bar w/ strut brace. It will certainly handle it's weight better at that point.

I also have 18x8 rims with my summer tires that I saved from my now boat. They use the same bolt pattern.

Technically they are 1st world

They're the 3rd world of the 1st world

There are 3rd world countries with better internet than us senpai

Ever think of getting an older m5? e34 and mainly e39 are great luxury sport sedans.

POTENZA Re970as
255/40r19

They are pretty good! And still on great form.