What is the ideal post-apocalyptic survival vehicle, and why is it a Toyota Landcruiser?

What is the ideal post-apocalyptic survival vehicle, and why is it a Toyota Landcruiser?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xdDcAyMIrfo
futurescience.com/emp/vehicles.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>inb4 OP samefags himself with "soccermom mobile"

bobbed duece and a half

dont u mean an ATV?

Cruiser is good but not the 200. We were crossing a 30-40cm river and my friends 200 with the beerfridge got its electronics flooded. The car has a stated industry standard 70cm wading depth.
I'd go with either a diesel 70 or an NJ, NL. Both are vehicles used in third world militaries across the globe. They're relatively easy to work on and diesel can brewed at home with the sufficient ingredients.

Best Bullet-Proof Car Ever

Same reason a Pajero is ideal.

I'd take an NL, only because the seats fold up into a bed.

>Toyota Landcruiser

Not any more. Not in the USA anyway. 80 series was the best ever imported here. And then they turned the 100 series into luxury mall cruisers.

Yea, no. The 100 and 200 are better than the 80 series.

XJ. An AMC 4.0 will run forever. Parts can come from fucking anything and there's tons of them. Everything on the vehicle is dead simple. There's thousands of them around no matter where you are.

Just get fucking rid of the Dana 35 if it has one, or at least gather four or five of them.

>100 and 200 are better than the 80 series

Not in the USA. The IFS is too fragile to take a front diff locker. Also, they went to 5 lug car wheels. Mall cruiser only.

Most 70 series are 5x150 as well, not much mall cruising about a seventy series. The loss of a single stud isn't going to kill you.

Plenty of IFS 100 Series with lockers crossing the Cape, or pulling campers along Rainbow Beach and the Kimberlies.

Shame to hear they only crawl parking lots in the States. Capable car.

>Not in the USA.
Yes, in the USA.
>The IFS is too fragile to take a front diff locker.
How does it feel to pull things straight out of your ass?
>Also, they went to 5 lug car wheels. Mall cruiser only.
10/10 trolled me.
A lot of LC200s are used for off roading here, actually. I'd say a higher percentage of the ones sold here are off roaded than anywhere else, because not that many people buy them in the first place.

why do you need to drive across rough terrain in a post apocalyptic world?
zombies don't eat roads. just get a van

MEGA CRUISER
E
G
A

C
R
U
I
S
E
R

91 Landcruiser GOAT

>3F-E
>No viscous coupler
>no front and rear lockers
LOL.

Wasn't talking about the 200 Series, was talking about the 100 Series that old mate was ragging on. 200 Series are everywhere in QLD, seem like a good hard working towing vehicle that's capable off the beaten path. Plenty of teething dramas with the six speed auto behind the 1VD but I think you lot across the pond got an eight speed auto behind the V8 Petrol that actually uses the TC lockup. Six speed is useless for lockup, lots of money in reflashes and lockup controllers here.

I was actually very impressed by a 200 GXL with the Crawl Control and KDSS, went hard and went far without dramas.

I've got a VDJ79 single cab and a GQ Patrol wagon but no comfortable 200. Expensive shit.

80 Series, fuck yeah.

Ah gotcha. There's more 100s going off road than 200s, but there's more 100s that are mall crawlers than 200s here. We got the AB60 behind the 3UR, the 8 speed just came out with the facelift.

I don't own a Land Cruiser at all, but I appreciate them. I'm more of a Pajero fan.

This would have been great in the USA. Back when people were walking into dealerships and saying "Shut up and take my money." But Toyota just said "Nope. Not for you."

Mercedes G pussy wagon

>nobody posts diesel hilux

really? Hell, even the 22r can take a savage beating and keep going.

Diablo 6.0GT

Ford F-150 with ecoboost

>valve sticks open and you die in a fiery crash
Good choice.

Wrong car, OP.

Huh?

Rally fighter

Powerstroke or Cummins obs

There's a reason they drive Toyota Hiluxes in the actual dystopian hellhole of Africa.

These two are the only ones that come close. To survive the vehicle must still run once all electronics in the vehicle are kill.
Requirements:
>Points ignition or mechanical pump diesel
>Generator rather than alternator

Just park your car under a Faraday cage

>To survive the vehicle must still run once all electronics in the vehicle are kill.
And why would that happen, you fucking idiot?

This guy gets it

This guy has no clue

>What is HANE

Fuccbois drive Hilux.
Real hard hitting blackest of black niggas drive Peugeot.

>This guy has no clue
Whatever you say.
A meme. There are so many factors that you have to take into account to determine whether or not electronics will be damaged by such an event. Do you even know how that works?

Is this you?

youtube.com/watch?v=xdDcAyMIrfo

Y'all need to get back to basics if we gonna survive. None of that computer bullshit

No. I'm not watching it either.

futurescience.com/emp/vehicles.html

>Excellent off-road
>Pretty damn good on gas
>Light, zippy little Recce vehicle
Honestly, I'm just gonna get one as my next DD. Parts are still to be found, and I had fun with one or two in the Forces. Hell, they'll even float when sealed up and made buoyant with the foam inserts.

Enjoy getting under 8 MPG in a land devastated by plague and where fuel is scarce

>Not having a dedicated bug-out/camp location if Bugging In becomes untenable
>Only planning for one type of scenario
>Not knowing multiple routes to it
>Not having a dedicating concealment plan and layered defences pre-designed
Embarrassing.
Also, my choice will allow me to mount a .308 MG42/"not an MG3" build to it. So there's that.

If the apocalypse does come, you'll only have about 3 months of vehicle use before all the gas goes bad.

Unless you can find some way to refine new gas, you're screwed.

Fucking cunts and their ethanol laced bullshit...

>hilux

Don't worry senpai, I got you.

You haven't addressed fuel scarcity.

>Handbruiser
Why because the unintended acceleration leading up to the deadly Takata and AutoLiv airbags deploying can put you out of your misery faster?

fuck you real life is just like hollywood movies and i've watched a bunch i think i know what i'm talking about, casual

A dirtbike. Off road monsters are only so.good until you're getting chased by faster off road monsters.

>won't be made unusable from an EMP
>will run off of shitty biodiesel
>extremely practical
>decent off road

FUCK yeah nigga

D I E S E L
I
E
S
E
L

bc you dont have to refine diesel

As long as you stockpile enough before shit hits the fan. Diesel lasts a lot longer than gas

>implying mah VDJ76 gets any less than 20mpg whether driving a highway or towing a car trailer up a hill

But it's easier to refine diesel with "i read about this on wikipedia and downloaded an online tutorial" levels of knowledge, especially biodiesel

If hillbillies can set up a 'still for moonshine, a bunch of nerds can set up a basic fractional distillery near their best friend's granddad's texas oil field.

You haven't addressed half the Landcruisers you linked comes with a relatively frugal diesel.

Man, that's the best I get from my VDJ79.

>emp vulnerable
FAIL

I don't think I ever got anything worse than 12 mpg in the ol' 91 Cruiser.