Pretend you are a mechanic. Of these three jobs, what would you take

Pretend you are a mechanic. Of these three jobs, what would you take

-Big, rapidly expanding brand. Huge shop, lots of other techs, lots of opportunities to advance into management. Often 10 hour days and Saturdays. $75k/year + incentives
-Italian exotic brand. Small shop, 2 other techs. Little room to advance, hard to relocate geographically. $60k/year
-Small shop building expedition vehicles. You are the only tech, lots of freedom, opportunity to design and build your own ideas/projects. $45k/year

First one, but keep an eye on the other two if the monotony of the job becomes unbearable.
Also, not american, but can a mechanic really make 75k before taxes?

Third.

Yes.

You can make a lot of money working a lot of jobs 60 hours per week, provided you're not McDonalds tier.

It's paying because of what you're missing.

75k is average for a seasoned tech at a dealership in an urban area. There are techs that make far more if they are on flat rate, bust their ass, and have a good year.

third one because I'd have a heart attack on the first one and the second one is gay

Third one

Second is not a bad choice either if you plan to open your own shop in the future.

Second
It's more casual and still leaves me with some time to spend my money

Is that before tax?
US rates always sound so high, is it common to tell your yearly income gross?

I make about 28k euro a year after tax as a programmer

Yeah, usually it's Pre-tax.

If everyone in the US had to pay their taxes in a yearly lump sum instead of being slowly bled on every single paycheck I believe that there would be an instant revolution.

My example was pre tax. Generally an experienced tech in a metro area will make ~$34/hr, conservatively make 45 hours a week if they are on flat rate, and work 50 weeks a year.

Everything in the US is pre tax because it makes wages sound higher and prices sound lower which fuels their drive for affluency.

Second one of course. If the corporate operations go bust I can still open my own cave for custom builds and refer to my experience in dealing with Italian exotics.

How could you give an example of a jobs wage and use the after tax number? A 55 year old guy that's married with 3 retarded kids and an 18 year old that also has 4 other successful businesses can have the exact same job and their take home would be completely different. It makes no sense to say anything other than the actual salary of the job.
>argh but Americans are so stupid!!!

I don't know about you, but I'm comparing earnings to compare life circumstances, not to dickwave hourly wages. I don't fucking care how many buckaroos you make an hour, I'm trying to figure out how much money you work with in daily life so I can get a feeling for your life standards.

I'd pick the one that offered the best tool set or reimbursement.

That number is only relevant to one person, which is why you would never see anyone cite their net income, it varies drastically

That isn't a thing, all mechanics everywhere I've worked supply their own tools aside from some model specific specialty tools/OEM scan tool

How do I get job #3?

Have 300k available to invest and open your own shop in Alaska, Oregon, or Washington

The jobs are out there, overlanding is booming in popularity. Try hanging around on expeditionportal and keeping an eye on new shops/manufacturers.

It's called empathy, you stubborn cunt. Social relations work better when built on empathy instead of competition.

>It's paying because of what you're missing

>working 60 hours a week
>first world

You can't seem to shake the thought that it's somehow a competition, and even more strangely you are trying to project that onto other people while claiming you are the reasonable one. People refer to pre tax salaries because it's impossible to say what the after tax salary would be as it's different for every person every year. People don't usually discuss their personal finances or net income to anyone but their family and their accountant, even evil greedy Americans.

the second one because after you retire you can make shitloads by doing concours level restorations on said italian cars because by retirement you will know said cars from top to bottom and will be known as an expert on them.

Took the first job. Thanks a lot for the SHIT ADVICE ONLY MAKING THE DECISION HARDER

>tfw making $15/hr with my 2 year degree as a tire/lube tech at a small mom/pop style shop.
The owner and his uncle and friend do all the main work and I do all the oil changes/tire shit

40 hours a week but it's 9-5. I have a key to the shop and get to use it whenever i want in my free time, lifts/welder/free oil/etc. We have ETO but we dont really use it. I just tell the owner when i want off and my paycheck is still the same every week i might as well be salary. He fills out our time cards for us even we dont even punch a clock. lets us take off whenever we want unless we're super backed up.

I love it so much I don't ever wanna leave but no real opportunity for advancement. I know full well that he cuts off raises at $17/hr. I'm already paid too well for this area considering the easy shit I do.

Three. Negotiate harder. Sell your ass off. Get them to pay you the $75,000.