So are Kurds descended from the medians and Sumerians as they claim? Redpill me on their origins...

So are Kurds descended from the medians and Sumerians as they claim? Redpill me on their origins. I know they speak an Iranic language.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vbfJbliHWJA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

One Kurd told me that they have Scythian blood but I doubt this.

Kurds are (were) nomads so it is doubtful they are descended from the Medes, who were a settled people.

Other than some 'Sumerian' admixture due to living in what used to be Mesopotamia theres nothing to connect them to Sumerians. And even then, they don't really inhabit Mesopotamia proper.

Scythians existed to the North, theres no reason to believe the Kurds lived there at any point.

Kurds are just opportunistic parasites.

This proposed by one theorist in the 19th century and proven false. They have always been nomads and are just ashamed of this.

So where do Kurds come from? I've read they're an amalgamation of many peoples.

Medians were semi-nomadic and they were related to the Cimmerians.

Kurds are the descendants of Iranian tribes (nothing special as Sumerians/Medians/Scythians) who settled in the Middle East not to long ago

>kurds
>first genocide waiting to happen the second turkic converts to christianity & the crusader states rise again

Where do you get that Medes were semi-nomadic?

I mean, it's likely that all Iranian tribes were nomadic in their early years, but Kurds were nomadic for a long time afterwards.

Also, there is not significant overlap between modern Kurdish and pre-Persian Median territory.

Pic related is my best attempt to identify 'Medea' according to Assyrian sources. The blue spot is the (exaggerated) area of the Median capital Ecbatana along with the modern archeological finds associated with the Medes.

Also, I've never heard of Medes related to Cimmerians except for the fact they were both Iranian speakers.

Pretty sure Cimmerians came down from the Caucasus?

They are, but so is everybody else to some extent or another. Just like Albanians, there is no way to identify them with a related group from antiquity or the bronze age.

So the answer to 'where are Kurds from' is 'somewhere in Iran'.

Theres no reason to believe K*rds exist at all if it weren't for communist indoctrination.

>Kurds are just opportunistic parasites.
Turkish faggot spotted.

You don't have to be a Turk to have problems with Kurds.

Only butthurt Turks hate Kurds.

Kurds fuck goats

T.Turk goat fucker

Assyrians
Armenians
Turks
Syrians
Iraqis

all have legitimate reasons to despise Kurds.

And so does anyone else who is put off by a bunch of goat fucking nomads in some one elses land that collaborate with the Ottomans to carry out forced marches and massacres of the natives.

And anyone who thinks Kurds are a bunch of entitled little bitches who cry for weapons every time the sky gets cloudy, then bury them in the dirt so they can ask for more next time.

And anybody who opposes the harassment and discrimination of Assyrians by Kurds in Assyrian cities. Or the forceful disarmament of Assyrians in those cities.

And anybody who is sickened by Kurds forcibly disarming Yazidis and Assyrians in Iraq advance of ISIS' assault, and then run away shouting 'Good luck' behind them.

I am sure someone can contribute more reasons why people other than Turks would not like Kurds, and why, in fact, nobody should like them at all.

calm down mehmet

Many of them are hypocrites who will support an Ethno state for Kurds but full borderless multiculti for everyone else,

kurds are just an iranian mixed tribe who were goat herders in the iranian/south-caucasian/south-east anatolian mountains until 20th century

they have no specific history to speak of
their most famous person saladdin was a half-kurd half-turk raised in the arab culture with turkic-persian war traditions added

these people have been so unimportant throughout history that they didn't even have a state of their own until krg. their culture is a mix of turkish/iranian/arab with no additions of their own, same goes for their food and clothing

medes and sumerians were not kurdish, medes is confirmed to be an iranid group unrelated to kurds, origins of sumers are still discussed to this day
do not believe anything the kurds say, they are an early stage nationalist movement that is arriving 100 years late. they will say the most retarded things and believe it in the next 30 years

>So are the Kurds descended from the Medians?
No, that was an ad-hoc theory made up by a Russian Iranianologist who admitted it was theory and conjecture.

Medians were completely pastoral and settled. The Persians were semi-nomadic.

I don't really want to add any spite against Kurds here but there ARE Kurdish separatists in Iran; primarily PJAK which is affiliated with the PKK and others in Iraq, Syria, and Turkey.

>believeing that there are people that are not an amalgamation of many people

I never understood /pol/´s fondness of poorly made collages

Xenophon's Anabasis mentions the Greek force being assailed by a people called Carduchoi in the mountains of Mesopotamia. Aside from that there's little sources that mention them before the common era.

>168/650
>75%

>illiterate
>posting on a Burmese poetry forum

Where did this meme come from that Kurds are descendants of or related directly to the Medes; Media Atropatene was settled more then a millennia before the word "Kurd" existed in Pahlavi/Middle Persian or New Persian and Parthian tongues, simply meaning roughly as "outcasts/nomads/vagrants". There's no connections with the Medes genetically or culturally and the Medes were already empire builders and closely tied with the Persians who were their semi-nomadic kin until Cyrus the Great came along to overthrow his maternal grandfather, the last Median ruler.

Why is this pushed so hard? Ignorant ultra-nationalism by Kurdish diaspora?

>Ignorant ultra-nationalism by Kurdish diaspora?
Pretty much.

Allright, so most of the posters got a consensus that Kurds are not Midians. But if they are not, whom they are descended from? They speak Western-Iranian language which is supposed to be related to Midian.

They aren't related to the Medians. We barely have fragmentary evidence of the Median language itself and most of it is loaned words that are intelligible with Old Persian.

i only have one thing against your comment
>a group of people cannot be active before the word used for them is found
for example proto-turkic groups were around for a very long time before the word "turk"(or its variations) was coined, which means "the strong"

A) Kurds are Iranics, not Turkics
B) The term was literally used by the Arscaid/Parnis and Sassanid/Persians as a derogatory insult in laymen's term to denote someone as homeless and uncultured/nomadic
C) Sassanians very explicitly denote the Kurds as entirely separate from the Medians

They were a nomadic Iranic people mostly inhabiting the ranges of Western Iran and at times Southern Asia minor. A comparison can be made with Bedouins of Arabia.

They started to settle following collapse of Abbasids while some still stayed semi-nomadic. They historically lived in warzones between Ottomans, Safavids and Arabs, thus the places they have lived in were left very underdeveloped, after WWI they had a population boom.

As a Swede having to put up with kurds and turks constantly ruining neighbourhoods with their shitty conflicts I can sagely say that kurds are inbred hairy chimps.

Indeed
youtube.com/watch?v=vbfJbliHWJA

Var fan brukar det hända? M*lmö va?

Var inte så länge sen nån kurd blev skjuten på en demostration och nån utförde ett bombdåd mot ett Turkiskt kulturhus i Fitja.

It wasn' really that long ago that some Kurd was shoot at a demostration, which was followed by a Turkish culture house getting bombed.