The New Supra

>blog.caranddriver.com/toyota-supra-and-bmw-z5-everything-we-know/
So Veeky Forums What will the new the new supra have to do in order to not share it's predecessor's fate?
Do you think it should have an eight cylinder?
I do

Other urls found in this thread:

diigo.com/item/pdf/5gt7b/rs7t?k=276105f214f7a4273663d0f02a4438a1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i no longer care for modern cars

>thanks toyota

No manual trans
Hybrid drivetrain BS
4wd
Seats only 2
v6 engine

Basically not a supra
Should be called a celica

at least it might be cheaper inflation adjusted than the orignal

>So Veeky Forums What will the new the new supra have to do in order to not share it's predecessor's fate?
Be more BMW and less Toyota, obviously. I'm super stoked for the Z5 but damn that Supra could be sexy.

Best image yet!

>being attracted to a fridge

>not FR
>no manual
>no boosted inline 6

It's not a Supra.

Not offering it in manual will be a mistake on Toyota's part; it won't have the same prestige as a BMW to normies with money leaving sales to the cashed-up boyracer crowd.

>hips that large

that seriously looks fake unless she's been wearing a corset for a long time

>I actually fucked a girl we nicknamed the fridge when blacked out.
Well pussy is pussy.
Z5 nga. Fuck the Poopra. Toyota has been dead for 20 years.

LOW TEST

V6? so is this going to be BMWs first V6 ever?
also AWD is disappointing indeed

no, the bmw is using their own i6 while the supra gets a toyota™ v6

>every company just makes super cars now and doesn't care about making their other cheaper cars fun
Not even good supercars. Fuck the nsx, fuck the supra

Why are they making all their sports cars into unattainable halo super cars
Neither the old nsx or supra was a super car and people love them
Imagine if they put even halt of the rnd and build money from these super cars into their other cars or made sports cars.

Who the fuck is the new nsx and supra and gt-r made for? People who only care about lap times?

Who gives a shit? It'll be too expensive and/or shitty like the gtr.

8 cylinders is the bare minimum for a performance car.

I'm thinking the four cylinder option will be called the Celica and the Six cylinder the Supra.
As for 4wd I don't think they give it that, it'll drive up the price and make it a bad deal compared to the Vette

Sports cars are an extremely slow market right now, everybody is buying SUVs and nothing else right now. The people buying new sports cars are all baby boomer fucks with tons of money, hence all the expensive, auto only bench racing machines.

>GT-R
Rich Asian students, drag strip monsters. Still resembles the previous Skyline GT-Rs.

>NSX
Yet to see a single new one on the streets. Also,
>"muh new sportscar eXperience"

>FT-1 """Supra"""
>"I...it's still a Su...s...su...supra!"
Nothing in common with its so-called predecessor. We'll see how it turns out first, but I'm iffy about it

front wheels will be powered by electric motors rear by gas engine
4 banger will make 275~ hp v6 "turbo" model will make 435hp

Its not a supra unless it has an I6 and a manual trans option

The E30 M3 (aka winningest car in racing history) and its inline four would like to have a word with you.

It's okay user, BMW has you covered.

The Supra is/was a GT car not so much a super-car or sports-car. this new supra seems like its going more down the sports-car route.

>Why are they making all their sports cars into unattainable halo super cars

Its a marketing move that could draw people into the toyota performance rooms to buy a GT86 to hold them over while they dream about owning the Supra.

The Audi R8 did exactly that for Audi and stole BMW costumers who wanted the R8 but couldn't afford it and settled for cheaper AWD audis.

>Neither the old nsx or supra was a super car and people love them

They were expensive. The NSX itself was very expensive for its time. i'm pretty sure all the Tesla and tech savvy people along with those who want to go fast as easily as possible with minimum effort is who the NSX and new Supra are built for. They saw what the GTR did for Nissan and probably want to capture part of that market (i don't blame em) The Corvette comes in manual but the vast majority buy the semi-auto option. looking at all these figures is probably why they thought semi-auto was the best option for attracting as many customers as possible.

>Our insiders tell us the new roadster is larger than the Z4, hence the new name; the increase in size has been made, we’re told, in part as a compromise with Toyota’s needs for the Supra—and because BMW desires to leave a slot open beneath the Z5 for a possible smaller convertible model.
Brilliant
I'm more interested in the "smaller" convertible bmw have planned. I'll be astounded if BMW do pull another m2/m4 scenario.

Muh dik

What would happen if Toyota out sourced LT1 engines from GM for the new supra?

Would never happen
Get your head out of your ass

Okay, but if Toyota was smart they would

Toyota is smart, that's why they won't contract out for ancient technology

>It'll be too expensive
You mean like the Mk. 4?

Not him and don't believe anything like that would happen however, it is funny to think about the idea that a long time ago if you told Honda fans that the new NSX would be built in america they wouldn't have believed you and just said:
>"they would never trust stupid amerifats with one of the greatest cars ever made"

and here we are.

nice

iron blocks to plastic water pumps

glad we're making progress

Wow the winner during the shittiest era of automotive history.

My ex has a body like this. Wide hips with moderately high body fat. She probably only does core excersize so all of her weight stays in her thighs and butt. Lot's of Mexican women are shaped like this.

80s-90s - the shittiest era?
isn't that considered the "golden era"?
looks like a cartoon character lmao

>She probably only does core excersize so all of her weight stays in her thighs and butt

that's not how it works you turd

Didn't Toyota approach BMW specifically because they wanted to split the costs on an inline 6? Won't this basically house a 3jz?

>V6
>mfw

Oh my fucking God. So the rumors were true.

>I'll be astounded if BMW do pull another m2/m4 scenario.
Where the smaller, cheaper model is faster and more fun to drive?

>V6
>no manual

The more I read about this car, the more depressed I get.

Dropping only two bombs was a mistake. First Le Mans and now this.

Toyota, commit seppuku, please.

Exactly

Also I just noticed
>The Supra also will use a four-cylinder engine in the basic versions, but it won’t be sourced from BMW
Brilliant, toyota are making their own 4 cylinder. Why did they partner with subaru and insert a cuckolded na flat 4 in the 86 if you were making your own 4 banger anyways.

Toyota gives me a headache

Well I kind of expected it to be a V6, but a hybrid drivetrain and AWD sounds fucking stupid. I wonder what the weight distribution will be like with both an ICE and electric motors in the front. At least the NSX's drive train made sense with the midship design.

Yeah, that's just confusing as fuck. I suppose that'll be the cheaper version who people who want to do engine swaps.

Hope so, that Supra adjusted with inflation is
$83,072.70 USD in today's money

Too bad Toyota won't just produce the B58B30 block themselves using their own standards. That would also mean the first reliable BMW engine.

You forgot its Formula 1 cousin; the M12 engine.
>1.5L
>4 cylinders
>producing a whopping 1300 bhp

>I suppose that'll be the cheaper version who people who want to do engine swaps.
2JZ-GTE swapped new Supra anyone?

forgot to mention
>ancient design from the 1960s

I'm a fan of big hips but that just looks like tumors on legs.

>Its not a supra unless it has an I6 and a manual trans option
no one cares about your shitty opinion

>opinion
yes when I think of a supra I also think of automatic awd hybrid supercar

Should beat honda nsx imho senpaitachi.
Alas, not possible with bmw engine

>shitty opinion
In your opinion, what makes it a Supra?

It should keep up with the corvette as they're priced the same, but we all know that's not happening. Maybe it will keep up with rustangs and cumarrows who knows. Japanese cars sure do suck fucked anus lately

Like every
>new
>remake
>+1
>squeal/prequel
>reborn
>etc
thing ever

people X thing, should company look into why people liked it?
Nah just gonna slap X 2 on turd that looks similarly to X and gonna make mad cash just on name.
People don't like X 2 and now hate us? how could this happen(in heavy voice)

EVERY TIME EVER

diigo.com/item/pdf/5gt7b/rs7t?k=276105f214f7a4273663d0f02a4438a1
That Supra is still on the road today

It's too bad Toyota is so lazy, cheap and talentless and have to beg other car makers for engines and tech. Do you know how pathetic that is?

a fat lazy built to print approach to engineering and a disregard for details.

like all that talent they stole that they're using to podium in the WEC

oh wait it's all from toyota

i think it just shows that BMW makes a damn good motor....like the ones that powered the McLaren F1 and the Phantom

I don't see how the S54B32 is less reliable than a 2JZ GTE
aside from
>lel german engineering
memes.

Toyota + BMW = GOAT

Toyota made amazing cars in their day and BMW still makes good cars right now. Together they should be able to put down something to set the new standard for sports cars and something everyone can appreciate.

ill fuck and suck ur anus lately

ha

>So Veeky Forums What will the new the new supra have to do in order to not share it's predecessor's fate?
what do you mean "to not share it's predecessor's fate" the last supra is an icon and has held it's value ridiculously well.

The engine itself is very reliable. It can do 800whp on stock internals. The issue is just the BMW electronics around it. Hopefully Toyota makes the supra basic instead of loaded with electronics. Sadly I'd bet on the latter.

>Because why would making a superior product be better than a slick marketing excercise?

Ford-Run by engineers
Toyota-Run by accountants

That's the difference.

>The gt350r is unironically closer to the mkIV than this new supra
Please kill me when did fix or repair daily make a godmachine

>complaining it doesn't have a manual
Why?

Because fuck DCT.