Sup Veeky Forums need advice on lowballing dealerships, so i'm in the market for a 04-05 STI...

sup Veeky Forums need advice on lowballing dealerships, so i'm in the market for a 04-05 STI. Problem is I wait for the right one to come up and immediately go check it out, the dealerships i've been going to won't budge on prices, salesman took 10min after i asked him what's the lowest price he can do before i go look at another car to just tell me he can take 100 dollars off. I think the issue is that i'm always the first one to check it out and the dealer just wants to test the market when i walk, what can i do to get the dealer to lower price without losing? There is one i'm going to check out over the weeked with 70k miles and the dealer wants 23k for it (which i think is bullshit) how do i get the lower price when being the first to check it out instead of second or third guy getting the better deal?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0WbxHXf9oqc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>buying a wrx/sti
>from a dealer
>that old
Hahaha faggot. Stupid boyracer. Shut up and buy a civic.

Try craigslist

It's cheaper and you can bring some friends and have a blast. Even if it's a bust you will get a cool story

they offer a warranty unlike private, take you're own advice and buy a civic edgelord

i am about to sell an 04 with 62,000 miles. Lol at supply and demand. God bless Subaru. sorry i cannot provide advice but currently we are on opposite teams

what will be you're starting price? I'm in california btw

>I wait for the right one to come up and immediately go check it out
You're looking at the car right after it gets listed. Do they sell that fast? If so, there's enough demand for the dealers to ignore you. Or if they sit for a while, don't go rushing so quickly to look at them.

A dealership warranty on a +10 year old car is going to cost you a bit, if they'll even do it.

>don't go rushing so quickly to look at them.
then some other retard pays full price, also warranty for a car with plenty of miles and turbo isn't a bad thing

They're not budging on the prices because they know it'll sell if you don't buy it.

It's an overpriced car desired by bros and boy racers. The number of ones not fucked up, wrecked, or modified into oblivion is fixed and decreasing.

>car sells for full price
>wonders why dealer won't come down on the price
Jesus Christ.

I already have a civic.

Except it is. Aftermarket warranties outside of Carmax almost always aren't worth the paper they're printed on.

1.)You're looking at a car that's almost impossible to haggle to any real degree on because of rice tax/boyracer tax. Most dealerships will almost always get some guy named Chad who vapes and goes car shopping in a wife beater and gym shorts who'll pay full asking price and take a 600 dollar payment as long as he gets financed

2.)You never "ask what's the best you can do". Tell them you are interested in the car but not at the full list price, and make him write you up a full offer, with tax and fees. Use this as a bsis to negotiate from and make a counter offer

This method assumes you've done your research prior, and are familiar with listed book values/private sale values/supply of this car in your local market

3.)He still may not budge if he has no pressing need to sell the car, as stated in point 1, these types of cars have a built in customer base. Your best chance is widening your search area, and trying to find a car that's been on the market for more than 30+ days.

4.)A dealership offered extended warranty on this old of a car WILL BE WORTHLESS. It will come with a million contingencies (you service the car with them, no mods, no working on it yourself, right to void if they think you abused the car at all). If you have to have a warranty to afford this car, then you can't afford it

>warranty
lol

i have no idea, but i dont want to sell this car to an enthusiast. full confession It is bone stock now but it was modified with every bolt on possible- Blouch 20g XTR with 10cm hotside turbo protuned by Cobb Tuning on e85, front mount, coilovers, etc.

basically every subaru desu
>never modified
>never abused

this is why a warranty is a good idea, you could trade in to dealer and they would resell and advertise as a fully stock car with ZERO issues

You don't ask
>"what's the lowest price you can go???"

it screams newfag.

You tell
>"I can do x amount"

make sure x is something reasonable though, do your research. If they can't make it happen walk away.

In practice, it's always better to have the dealership make the first offer, OP just needs to do it a more polished way

As a buyer, making the offer first tips your hand a bit, and you always want preserve any high ground you have during a negotiation.

You also always want the offer presented in the form of a buyer's order the itemizes the price, and breaks down everything you are being charged for. Never negotiate off a payment or let them do the "4 square" method where they write down a down payment, your trade, the loan term, and a monthly payment. Get the real numbers, and negotiate the final out the door price

what about asking to talk to sales manager instead of salesman if he's not budging?

Dude your not getting that car for cheaps.

i'm not asking for cheap, i'm asking for reasonable price. Removing 100 dollars off price is not cool

The sales manager is the one writing your deal to being with. Only the most senior salespeople are given any leeway to negotiate a deal. You can ask, it may or may not make a difference depending on the car/the personalities involved. Or he could just tell you no

video very related around 1:45:

youtube.com/watch?v=0WbxHXf9oqc

see

Man, I'm looking for an sti/evo but if I can't I'll just buy a 08 corolla until I get enough money to buy full new because fuck the rice tax.
Evo IX, with stupid bolt ons and terrible brakes and a whatever company suspension kit that I'll need to replace for a good one or back to stock... 20k.
Sti '10s, typical bolt on mods, 25k.
Another sti, same gen, 20k.
Lowest I've seen is 18k and it was sold in a week.
What the fuck is up with ricers, and the problem is that they are rolling through owners because they obviously hate the suspension and clutch and other modified or stock but hard shit after a week.

I just want one stock, keep it stock, keep it clean. I'm sad the new sti is not in hatch and the evo died.

Wew lad.

>after i asked him what's the lowest price he can do

F U C K Y O U
U
C
K
Y
O
U