Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/rPVC94ez

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TLC2atD0zcE
youtube.com/watch?v=QdeHNZy67hQ
youtube.com/watch?v=cFwEIiQQeBU
youtube.com/watch?v=YkADj0TPrJA
youtube.com/watch?v=sYgPRj7NIFM
eventhubs.com/news/2016/sep/19/xian-daigo-and-justin-wong-were-all-eliminated-pools-japan-cup-concistency-becoming-issue-street-fighter-5/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I WANNA TONGUEPUNCH CHUN'S FARTBOX!

youtu.be/TLC2atD0zcE

how do we fix ibuki

Smash cumminity is in shambles

Whenever someone asks: "which trip is the best at x" game or "which trip is the strongest?" it's never user posting. It's ALWAYS an insecure trip posting as user.

youtube.com/watch?v=QdeHNZy67hQ

BBis2ez4machabozy

well duh ???
also the people who say "x is the best" are usually x

My friend asked me why I thought Melee/Brawl was more of a party game than a fighting game, and now he refuses to give me rides. Should I give in and tell him I was wrong?

I just picked up Street Fighter V. This is my first fighting game, ever (less you count one time with a kid who wanted to show off how good he was at Blaz Blue in High School), how do I stop sucking? I'm getting my ass handed to me even in Casual. Playing Chun-Li.

play blazblue

Just play more, expect to lose for a long time. Make learning and getting better your top priority not winning.

pose white people merk

youtube.com/watch?v=cFwEIiQQeBU

She has nothing outside of v-trigger....whcih requires you to be llosing.

I would say make her v-trigger access much easier to et or buff her neutral game up vi normals or specials. The former is easier to do.

I was going to play it but this artist is so terrible that I'm gonna play GG instead.

Rides to locals?
Get your own wheels man.

1. Patience
2. Practice
3. Focus on small improvements
4. Accept the fact some people have played fighting games for years and you're starting off fresh. They too once upon a time took dozens of losses before they even got a match.
5. Look for online tutorials, it's pretty easy to search stuff for SF5 on youtube.
6. If possible, get someone to coach you how to get started or if nothing else, help you out.
7. Have fun between 1 to 6, because otherwise you'll just burn out and rq instantly.

the problem is all of her tools are bad, like if you want to limit them at least make them feel good, not just that but she has the absolute worst buttons in the game, and for what a decent command dash, feels like the only way to win with the character is to cheese your guaranteed damage and setup for fake ass resets that work because its sf5 and then make your bomb comeback or fail and try again next round

HADOKEN !!!

youtube.com/watch?v=YkADj0TPrJA

what fighting game has the highest apm/input speed at top tier play?

smash

No point in getting them when I'm still living in dorms, mate. I'm out of state at the moment too.

And my local scene is no where near where I live, if its even alive. Closest thing to it is during it's anime-based event, and even then, it's mostly just Melee/Brawl players.

hokuto no ken

*during its

I mean fighting game

melee

i know its a funny me me to pretend smash isn't a fighting game, but it is. def. not a traditional fighter tho

MMA

Nice quads

Oh this is the start of a fun thread.
go back to your corner smashbabby :^)

no but seriously, any legitimate suggestions?

I didn't know this kind of thing was fine on a blue board.

I think vsav is supposed to be up there

any fighting game that has you pointlessly inputting autismal amounts of actions is probably very bad

if you want to learn a game that rewards high execution then that's different

Even pretending that it's a fighter, it's not the fastest one. the stick movements should be counted as one command where a properly unforgiving halfcircle should be counted as 5 inputs

I really hate the "Alpha 3 died because it was a broken game" meme. Most people who say that have never played it and are only regurgitating what they've heard other non-informed players say.

Newsflash: All of the major three major Capcom fighting games circa 2001-2008 (3s, mvc2, cvs2) were broken. That didn't stop the community from playing them for nearly a decade. Let me break down why a3 REALLY died.

First of all, it became an old game fast. A3 came out in 1998, 3s was released in 1999 later followed by mvc2 in 2000 and cvs2 in 2001. A3 cabinets started disappearing, you had to go to a hardcore arcade to even find it. Even if you could find a cabinet, chances were nobody was playing it next to the mega-popular mvc2. People who didn't like mvc2 played 3s or cvs2. The game was basically dead on arrival. You all know how the FGC drops old games for new ones overnight. Three new games in such a short time-span gutted the A3 community.

Secondly, it had no true arcade console port. When Evo made the switch to console, the Canons weren't going to make an exception. If the game isn't going to be at Evo, the one time a year the community really got together at that time, why would you bother playing it? You had to play what the competition played in those years, you had no other choice because of how small the community was. A3 not being featured at Evo was probably the biggest reason A3 died in the US.

Japan still played the game until SF4 came out. Daigo went so far as to say it was as good a game as Capcom could ever make. Anyone who complains about V-ism destroying the game is ignoring the strength V-ism brought to the game. All the mid-tier, lame-ish characters can actually compete with the top-tiers with V-ism. Characters like Cody, Ryu, Zangief, and Sagat, who are normally completely outclassed by Dhalsim, can actually reasonably fight the top-tiers in V-ism. More than half of the roster is playable in V-ism.

You know what? I love Tekken!

The thing, the pong, the ding donk bong

The ching, the chang, the nigger dagger

Stay away from my roulette, you mugger

The ching, the chang, the nigger dagger

I'm not really into KoF but everyone is playing it should I buy it anyway? I'm really confused about this.

Probably the best fighting game. I don't even play it and I can admit that. Good taste.

I love things too, my fellow user!

Let's embrace ourselves in our capacity of loving and finally be human!

melee has a ridiculous APM, pros are crying about having to play it too much because it's destroying their hands and wrists

Try out 98 or 02 on fightcade before you get 14, kof is pretty unique some people like it some people dont.

I love this game.

Was the last great one.

Why

Mang0 is apparently a wife-beater and cheater

suck his dick then

no one rides for free

their controller isn't as ergonomic as a stick s'all. again, they have like 5 inputs per second at tops, that's not that fast. you literally NEED to do that to execute a simple command in say, KoF

They also force themselves to use a retarded controller

>SFV is bad
>KOF14 is bad
>GG Xrd Rev is bad
>BB CF is bad
>UNIEL is bad
>KI is bad
>Skullgirls is bad
>MKX is bad
>Tekken 7 is bad
>SF4 is dead

What do?

>>Tekken 7 is bad
>isn't even out yet

Play Melty Blood.

>SF4 is dead
yeah but it was also bad
>KOF14 is bad
not really. also

>SFV is bad

shitty meme

the rest r true tho

No surprise there.

>not really
You're right, it's bad AND it's dead

>shitposting this hard

You are 17 years old and you should not be posting in fgg

>people born in KoF '98 are 18 now

The kite makes no sense.

You forgot:
>Brazilcade is bad
>Melty is bad
>UMVC3 is bad
>SFxT is bad

Unless there was another trip anonposting on my behalf for some reason that wasn't the case last thread

Add SaraiGive Ibuki a new moveset and give Sarai Ibuki's old one with some modifications

I'm sick of playing these Mexican jumping beans. Someone get on ranked.

I actually just very recently turned 18 :)

Be the meme you always wanted to be, because in the oblivion of no-return you'll regret of not being one when you were in the moments of light and life.

youtube.com/watch?v=sYgPRj7NIFM

'reads'

Happy birthday dude

I'll take this dump, im not sure what i was thinking when i thought i could beat you in sf5, im pretty shit at the game. Glad I lost to a solid SF player though.

>poongko
>has always played batshit insane
>both players disrespect the shit out of eachother

Who would've thought the match turned out to be a slugfest.

It seems like SF is the only game where DPs are so dangerous. It's kinda lame.

>this retard literally mashes random dps
>solid SF player

welcome to the filter my child

Doesn't Doug play on pc? If indulge me was playing on pc he was at an disadvantage.

>Daigo went so far as to say it was as good a game as Capcom could ever make
when did he say this

He made like, 30 posts in total in the general. He somehow became the worst trip in the general very quickly.

Doug was pretty decent at V when he was actually playing and I think hes good at ST. It was pretty laggy though which is way i failed to punish those DP's (also getting it was like 9-0 at that point so my mind definitely wasnt in it.)

Im just glad i can beat slim anytime of the day.

TOSHINO KYOUKO MAINERS

EVERY.

FUCKING.

GAME.

And I thought Chariot and Voidere were the worst. There is no end to the ways of Hell.

How so? I try to only post on topic and help people out. Nice try slim.

Why are the ST players the biggest assholes in this thread?
Do you have to be a sociopath to be good at that game?

>All of the major three major Capcom fighting games circa 2001-2008 (3s, mvc2, cvs2) were broken
They were broken in a fun way, Alpha 3 is just stupid

For some reason people who main dead fightcade games have a huge ego.

Only mentally ill NEETs would play a random damage, random stun, random hitboxes and lopsided MUs kusoge seriously

Why is the white man bad at fighters?

I'll just wait until the avatarfagging starts, honestly.

dunno seems like that if you don't have a meterless reversal or a safe on block special to sustain pressure the sfv guessing game is not in your favor

is it bad if i post cute pictures of fighting game girls?

People who main Fightcade games do so because they want to pretend they're good at something. It's much harder to pretend if the game you play is actually alive and has a big competitive scene

>tfw white and bad at fighting games
;~;
w/e i have a black gf

hey i play ST and im a pretty nice guy

nice to meet you

does she destroy you in fighters?
your son might be god tier(In the west only)

>no qt black slave girl kept purely for FGC breeding stock

Poongko rarely DP'ed in SF4

no i am ass at both

i was getting huge rollbacks when fighting you too, so i just dp'd hoping you'd warp into stuff

eventhubs.com/news/2016/sep/19/xian-daigo-and-justin-wong-were-all-eliminated-pools-japan-cup-concistency-becoming-issue-street-fighter-5/

SFV is even getting btfo by eventhubs now

The game is random as fuck

Unfortunate that the sf5 netcode is complete shit. Maybe if sf5 gets fixed one day we can play again.

Capcom, fire Kiki and Bengus. Hire back Kinu Nishimura and Daigo Ikeno.

The current promo art for SFV is really bad, especially from Kiki. At least Bengus can be "justified" with the fact his work could've been rushed.

Also do a complete remanagement of the modellers and 3D artists working on SFV. The work on it has been subpar and lukewarm at best. Possibly say goodbye to Dimps.

>not having black slaves toiling in your street fighter fields under the burning sun.