I'm calling on the collective experience of Veeky Forums for a bit of insight

I'm calling on the collective experience of Veeky Forums for a bit of insight.

2000-2004 BMW 3 series manuels. I'm heavily looking into them.

Plainly put; are they shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9nTtuoLVSIM
youtube.com/watch?v=sIjZhb_78-M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

plainly put: the E46 is one of the best cheap daily drivers you can buy

>are they shit?
Yes.
This guy is trying to troll you into wasting money

t. 1996 corolla owner

This guy is trying to troll you into buying a shitty Japanese econobox.

The M3 is a godmachine and the 325i and 330ci are good handling and decently powerful. They tend to be overpriced on the used market due to boyracer tax and it's much easier to find a well taken care of 5 series of the same age.
The auto trannies are shit.

Especially the 6-bangers are amazing. Definitely look into the car, you will love it.

I wish. They are faster than bmws. Not to mention more reliable, stylish and comfortable.
Lol

why not a 5 series

jesus fucking christ at these posts

Veeky Forums will tell you it's ebin because it's rwd, manuel and I6
and that's all that matters in this place

so go for it you fucking screaming dingaling

lmao, the corolla has won like 1 or 2 races in racing history.
and you're blind as fuck, the toyota is getting lapped in your pic

Is there something else that matters more?

Yes. If the car costs more to upkeep than a 1996 Corolla, it's utter shit

Nah bruh

reliability
dependability
maybe cost of maintenance

buying old "luxury" cars usually isn't cheap

In my opinion, a hundred extra horsepower, a significantly nicer interior, a better looking exterior, and better handling are well worth spending $1000 a year instead of $300. Especially if you're an enthusiast who likes their car and isn't just using it as an applianc.

the E46 isn't even very luxurious, honestly unless you blow its tranny I have no idea what else would be expensive to replace
it's expensive if you earn 1000$ per year maybe

lmao can you imagine

>not using a car as an appliance
why are you so insecure

Labor can get very expensive but assuming you're DIYing everything I have a hard time imagining an E46 breaking $1000 a year, worst case.

who isn't using their cars as an appliance these days?

>wanting a fun car makes you insecure
>on an automobile enthusiast board
wew

>defending a shitty old car with an identity crisis
Now thats insecure.

People that don't drive Toyotas and wish for death everyday?

the E46 epitomizes sport semi-luxury, it has powered heated leather seats and all that shit but at its core it's pretty barebones and uncomplicated in terms of layout

Is it a sports car?
Is it a luxury car?
Is it a touring car?
No one knows!!
But what we do know, is that its poorly built.
>dont forget that servicing door locks is regular maintenance on a bmw kiddos

Yeah buy a Corolla instead. This guy's a genius

OP make sure you can spin a wrench or have a deep wallet.

The problem with these E46 models is the window regulators, water pump, random electrical issues, and very rare: cracked rear subframe. Easy as fuck to spot if you lift up the spare tire carpet.

By the way like all german cars: you have a fuckton of unnecessary sensors and gizmos that WILL go wrong as the car ages. So be prepared for that.

Other than that if you can spin a wrench or find a good indie shop that won't jew you badly: not a bad choice. Just be prepared to look for a long time because often with BMW's and other luxury cars: the owner does not take care of it and trying to pass off their repair bills to some schmuck.

t. 2003 E46 owner.

i fucking hate powered seats

my driver side e36 is stuck way reclined cause they are shit

lol, after having owned 8 German cars, my E46s have been the least problematic cars. I'll actually dare to say that they are well built cars.
Who unlocks doors with keys anyway?

>manuels
>e
Why do people say this, it's not manuel labor.

>Who unlocks doors with keys anyway?
what kind of a question is that?

E46 is a great car. All parts that would need to be replaced routinely are super accessible. Every corner of the car is very well thought out.

we've been using key fobs to remotely unlock doors since early 90s

>3 series
>ever

Enjoy rebuilding your engine every weekend Knapp

>Its ok if things dont work right
>i dont use them anyway
Kek.

What's going trough your head when you post shit like this?

Wow, so many clueless tards lurking Veeky Forums and actually trying to give advice
3 series don't even have any specific engines
and no, they don't use rotaries

Rotaries are more reliable than bmw trash engines.
>they havent figured out how to stay in their containment thread yet
Kek

fix it you knob
it's not even that hard

I own a 285k mile 2004 BMW E60 and it has never undergone an engine rebuild, runs flawlessly
you're wrong and retarded go drive your 4cyl pos lmao

>literally the best engines in the world
why did McLaren and Toyota ask BMW to produce engines for their cars?
Guess you're smarter than them lol

Its not cool to lie on the internet bud.
>still btfo by 4cyl FF

Epic memes bro.

>30B USD net profit
>what's the best can they do with it

I'm not lying, you are lying trying to convince someone that toyotas are faster cars. Why tho, did a BMW driver steal your bitch or run over your pet dog?

>best engines in the world
Thats not a 4afe

I hate this meme but
>blown
>the
>fuck
>out
weaboo fags stop trying

>Toyotas are faster cars than BMWs
Breh, do you see how trolled you got to even participate in such a discussion? Seriously, just stop and re-read the entire convo with the shill.

well, even the 4a-fe is good, BMW still has produced more good engines than Toyota has.
And toyota acknowledges it because they asked BMW to produce engines for their new Supra

>he thinks one example is proof
Hahahah

Sure I know I'm being trolled, sometimes I just like to play along idk why.

>a tiny 4 cylinder making just north of a hundred horsepower is the best engine of the world
Thank god I don't live in your reality.
Actual best engine coming through. 333 HP out of a naturally aspirated 3.2L I6 with independent throttle bodies.

None of my BMWs has had less than 200k miles (because Europe and autobahns)
And I've owned 7 of them

>BMW still has produced more good engines than Toyota
Whoa whoa whoa.
Lets be serious for a second.
No.

>And toyota acknowledges
You dont know how business works do you?

>is constantly broken
Kek

I don't think a single person on Veeky Forums has ever had to do a rebuild on their BMW. I don't even understand where you're coming from with this, there's not even a small amount of truth to BMWs needing rebuilds. If you're going to meme you could at least whine about how bad the cooling systems are.

That engine is not even in that car you mongoloid. Try harder.

In general.
Always broken

Toyota has their Jz engines and 4A, anything else noteworthy?
There is a reason BMW has 38 more engine awards than Honda
BMW has all the great i6's, diesels, V8s, V10s, V12s
And now they even have the new inline 3s

whats the story on that car?

4A Toyota engine is the best your BMW is shit engineering made with shit quality. Toyota engine is superior, when will the Eurofag ever catch up?
youtube.com/watch?v=9nTtuoLVSIM

Normal unreliable German crap

It's not in that one either.

what specifically? electric? mechanical?

it's being taken from a track day
holy fuck its blazing fast

Considering he posted a picture of an E36 (not even an M3) in response to an S54 engine, I'd guess he has no idea. Not that he's doing anything but trolling anyway.

youtube.com/watch?v=sIjZhb_78-M
Can't even do the doriftu or top out on the wangan with your sausagemobile corolla is legendary everyone knows toyota corolla no one cares about bwm

>built in easy access tow system
Cuz they knew it would break
Hahahah

Any decent car with a frame is going to have a spot for a towhook, you're just used to unibody garbage.

Okay, I'm not sure what's up with all the shitposts so I'll do my best to help you out. I'm kinda high so sorry if something isn't clear but I'll try to stay in the thread if u got questions. google e46 forums and check em out(e46fanatics?). I bought an e90 328i (i have 130k miles) and love it but really can't speak about the e46 so you might have a totally different experience. I heard that the late 2003s were the good ones with a better chassis. on my e90 i've done the clutch and an eccentric shaft sensor(valve cover removal)and I've never worked on cars I just used youtube guides. I'm not even patient, whenever I got frustrated I just took a break and played video games for half an hour(or 2 hours) and went back to it. I love my car, it scoots stock and I'm about to put headers on it. Hopefully that will go well(it will B)

...that being said, if you don't work on your car ur gonna hate it. my girlfriend needs a car to drive and always wants me to just take it somewhere to get it fixed. locally (like smaller repair shops) for some of this shit charge more than $1000-1600 for parts and labor and I paid $200-450. If you don't work on your car you're gonna be way in over your head. That's most likely why you got a good deal or whatever. If you take care of the car it'll be reliable. That's almost always the case. Inspect the shit out of the car before you buy it get a friend that knows about cars(or don't just take it to a mechanic, i took mine to 2) and have em tell you it's good. These cars can leak oil and it's not obvious. drive it around for like 30 mins then look UNDER(over?) the plastic covers. some shady guys wipe it up so you should prolly check it before and after you drive it. uhh. that's about it. They're awesome cars. I like n52 e90s but that might be out of your price range. Research the year and month/(batch? idk it's been a while) so you know what you're in for. Or not. Sometimes these 'problems' are just people not taking care of the car.

rip corolla ,_,

..what I'm saying is a Toyota is way more reliable and if you really depent on your car you should consider this before you buy your next one

late 2003+*

an just remember that your $5000 dollar car (idk i paid 10) isn't a $5000 car. Either way you're gonna love the car.

It shall return more powerful than ever.

Oh yes, Toyota will dominate the world. Muahahaha

>Either way you're gonna love the car
High quality

Well fuck, now that you've shat up the legitimate responses.

What's one toyota rwd car under 10k that's fun and safe

>barn finds
Kek

>78 posts
>16 posters
what is this thread

German engineering

Some asshole spamming hondas and me defending high quality german hondas.

I'm actually really fucken mad. :(

Luxury car

ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE

>safe
What a cuck

I dunno about your cherry picked shit but here's the interior of my 2003 530i with 120k miles
I think it looks pretty nice

Muh sunroof LUXURY!!!

Hey so what it's a sweet car, man. Toyota is pretty much the only thing on your mind right now and forever. You know and trust the Corolla nameplate and always will. Other companies might change, but you know Toyota is always there for you, through thick and thin, to offer you exactly the car you want. You will always remember this, like your mother's warm soft touch. Like the embrace of your loved ones, you will associate Toyota car brand and Corolla name plate. Remember your first puppy? What a treat! He was so loving and playful and no matter if you pulled his tail or kicked him in the ribs, he always came back to you with love in his heart. Toyota Corolla is like that feeling of love you felt. Remember how your father was always there to help when life didn't go as planned? Toyota if your father. Toyota will always be there with a hot meal that hits the spot. Do you like a cold beer on a hot day? How about after a hard day in the hot sun? Toyota Corolla is a cold beer, just at the perfect time that you need it. Reliable, dependable, loving, caring and always there for you like you family. Toyota Corolla. It is like family.

lol, still rather drive a worn out beat to shit 200k mile 3 series than a new toyota.

prepare for a dick ton of Probs because bmw adds a bunch of luxury shit that is prone to failing in several years. not to mention the mechanical problems you'll have

Literally. They don't fucken rattle like a toubronda, that aren't as plasticy. they aren't really luxury cars though but ur not buying it for that. My steering is perfect/responsive with literally no loose(?) feel when steering at any speed. I can't say the same for my buddy's brand new 2016 ford focus. driving feels a lot less like an appliance ya know? An old shitbox ain't gonna be anywhere as fun as an e46

Like what?

>new copy pasta
>i dont even own a toyota
Fucken saved

look at this engineering masterpiece
so beautiful
based toyota

the BMW is:
rwd+manual
more comfortable
more luxurious
sounds 10 times better