>cruiser motorcycles will be phased out in your lifetime
never. get real

Out dated. Poser.

Kys

> you will never live in the golden years of cars and trucks that is 1930-1999

WHY EVEN LIVE

Cars are so shit today

>electricity will take over in your lifetime

The american power grid is already outdated, overloaded and held together with duct tape. The electric car revolution isn't happening any time soon

who cares, auto enthusiasts were always just a tiny minority. cars are appliances to help you get somewhere faster than walking, who the hell is having fun driving a car.

You know, in the current climate I really can't tell if you're shitposting anymore since half of Veeky Forums seem to genuinely believe this.

please explain how exactly is my post a shitpost. be quick because i'm about to crash

iktf user, electric cars are so damn boring and uninspiring even if they're supposed to be "the future".

poes law. Your post is indistinguishable from satire. It's the exact post I'd make if I wanted to shitpost about millennial posers who only drive fwd automatic appliances.

ma se poes, nite

Kinda like the American internet lines

He's obviously shitposting. Whether he truly believes it or not is irrelevant. Saying "who the fuck is having fun driving a car" on Veeky Forums is by definition shitposting.

And the shit range is something to contend with

It's going to work like this:
The future of the oil supply is looking grim
Ethanol is made at the cost of food, won't fly as the main fuel source
Freight (land and sea) absolutely needs oil, a minority of ocean liners may slowly convert to nuclear
US metro areas will pull a france and get poorfags to use public transport by banning older cars for bullshit "environmental/health" reasons (despite newer cars not necessarily being better for smog)
Public transport will become electric
At best, you'll hail a ride in a self-driving pod constrained to nearby areas
Gas prices will skyrocket and they'll get away with it because the only people with cars are rich
Licensing requirements go up in turn
And insurance rates
Motorcycles, still being as affordable as cars used to be, will be hyper-regulated and sometimes banned to keep you damn poorfags off the road and out of the grave. A dead poorfag can't pay taxes.
The car rental business will be stronger than ever
Insane licensing requirements still apply, chauffer business booms
You have almost no freedom of movement if you're not rich

>Saying "who the fuck is having fun driving a car" on Veeky Forums is by definition shitposting.

You say that but a large chunk of Veeky Forums, maybe the majority have never driven a fun vehicle, they've got trucks, crossovers or some random fwd shitbox and don't understand how anyone can enjoy driving.

>you can't enjoy a FWD shitbox

hold up m8

Trying to enjoy fwd is like trying to play street fighter 2 with only punch buttons. It's possible to have fun and you can still win but you don't have the full experience.

Fwd is superior anyway

>mfw rwd will be phased out

since they started selling cars like they do fridges and washing machines

american infrastructure in general is a complete shitshow

Sad innit

I stopped caring about new cars 10 years ago but some are getting better

>2030
>Everyone drives the same heavy ultra inflated safety mobiles
>going to work
>Get a message on the dashboard
>"We noticed you were driving a little too fast last time.. (34 mph on a 30 mph area).. Try to keep down your speed so we dont have to notify the proper authorities"
>start up by pressing start button
>BEEP
>"Please use your seatbelt."
>click
>"Good job for putting on your seatbelt. Now, what is your destination?"
>work, manual mode
>"I am sorry, but commuting through the city doesn't allow manual mode"
>fine just take me there and put on some music
>"I'm sorry. You haven't subscribed to 'iRadio'. Would you like to subscribe for 19.99/month?"
>whatever, i'll just put on earbuds and drink coffee
>car slows down and pulls over
>"We noticed you took your arms off the steering wheel. Please stay alert while in autopilot."
>disable auto pilot
>"I'm sorry. Manual mode cannot be enabled for city commuting."
>"Hey, have you heard about our latest battery upgrade? It's coming out later this week for 799.99"
>software in the car made to make itself obsolete after an update comes out
>"It has been 1500 miles since the last time you changed your cars servo joints. Would you like to go to a nearby Tesla maintenance facility?"
>no thank you, i'll do it myself
>"Tesla wishes to remind you, that any and all unauthorized fiddling with the cars internal mechanics will revoke your warranty and will require a factory reset from a qualified Tesla engineer. We highly recommend you-"
>mute
>"I'm sorry. You cannot mute safety messages from Tesla."
>car, look up nearby track days
>"Yes. One moment."
>"Would you like to go to Sonoma Raceway for a track day tomorrow?"
>yes please
>skip to tomorrow
>everyone driving the same ugly pigfat electric piece of shits I am
>some guy is bragging about how he has the Pro software package installed to his UI
>get ready to go on track
>exceed 75mph
>"I'm sorry, but Tesla doesn't the standard highway speed limit which is 45mph

This is it fellas. This is the future the normalfags chose. This is our fate.

This.

Also electronic controls will prevent users from doing repairs or maintenance on their own vehicles, only dealerships will be legally allowed to work on cars.

Underage b&

The most IMPORTANT
>No more Manual transmission

We'll always have great manual MX-5 and Lotuses, but our tripfriend just sold the thing we'll miss forever: inexpensive RWD luxury car (big and comfy, not shiny badge) with 5+cyl n/a engine and a manual. Autos, even 4speeds, are great, too, just as an option. But now it's about loads of shiny shit and fuel efficiency.

its the end of time for every enthusiast of anything

the future is no cars no bikes no guns NO FUN
THIS IS THE FUTURE YOU CHOSE

I kind of feel like it's my duty to buy a classic "fun" (petrol, manual, tunable) car and maintain it forever as a hedge against future faggotry.

>inb4 I buy an MR2 and snap it to wrecksville

FUCK
I guess motorcycles will be long gone as well .

all the young fellas buy opel omegas (GM Holden Commadore's) and drop them on lowering springs in the rear and drag them around

Usually 3800 stock v6's or ls v8's

I fucking hate that look but i love the cars

If you're a yank go rescure a landbarge from your local wrecker apparently they are rusting fast ;_;

rip old fun cars

Self driving cars rustle my jimmies.
Driving is what I enjoy.
If I wanted someone else to drive I'd get a taxi.