Why are diesel vehicles so much more interesting than gasoline?

Why are diesel vehicles so much more interesting than gasoline?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6FYttMIdUmA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>simple
>reliable
>will outlive gasoline counterparts

Diesels are objectivly worse

ok, but no

What is a cummins 12v.

A whole new generation of ricers.

>lifted American twincab truck

I highly doubt that's diesel though.

There is a 15,000 liter inline-14 diesel. Your argument is invalid.

So fascinating.

Diesel is better in every way, but the distillation process always produces gasoline too. Gasoline is okay for light vehicles.

Check the coal roll exhausts. That's the whole point.

That's a Super Duty (3/4 or 1 ton) Ford. There's like an 80% chance it's a diesel...

It basically boils down to not being able to admit you paid triple the price for some worn out slag that you will never use to its capabilities yet still have to pay ridiculous upkeep costs on.

At least other diesel bros who "get it" will give you props upon hearing the obnoxious exhaust note of your straight piped slave master.

t. 12V cummins, dear god why didn't I get a pushrod gasser chevy for half the price, bro

its not just that, here in north Canada when its -40c in winter its just too much to wait an hour for a diesel to blow hot air, that and Allison transmissions wont go into gear until the fluid warms up when its that cold. simply because of that i have a gas 6L Chevy 3/4 ton, otherwise diesel is good in many ways

very few F250, F350 etc were gasoline, infact the only ones i can think ive seen lately were maybe half the ambulances where i am are gasoline F250

>not covering radiator
git gud faget, it's like you don't even Diesel 101

t. europoop diesel driver

Yeah you are right about diesel being shit when it's -40. You have to keep them plugged in or in a garage.

Then again gasoline engines are shit when it's that cold too, but at least diesels idle efficiently.

doesnt really help it warm up or an Allison transmission warm up, my Chevy has a leather rad cover anyways for winter. ive driven my 3/4 ton gas Chevy in -50c and my old gas Nissan KingCab in -50c, both times let it run for 10 minutes and im off. not gonna be one of those idiots that leaves their F350 idling for an hour then reports it stolen

if you look at fleet vehicles here, nearly all that are used in winter are gasoline Tundra or Silverado/Express because nobodies got time for diesels shit in the dead of winter

-50c about 5 years ago in college my old tbi Nissan Kingcab started after sitting outside all day, took 10 minutes to warm up and the clutch pedal was like molasses but it got me home while 95% of people had to stay there because their new cars wouldnt start

towing/hauling/summer diesels>gasoline all day long, but winter i couldnt go for a diesel

I wish diesel cars were more common, and not made by Germans.

My father had a TDI Sportwagen, and the engine managed to blow up even with proper care. I don't know how you can fuck up a diesel but VW figured out how to.

literally all Europeans make diesels
cuck

>Sportwagen
still cringing when I read this

so interesting

But I'm not in Europe, I'm in Canada. Not many more diesel options here than in America. Don't know what about my post makes me a cuck, you dumb nigger.

What's cringeworthy about the name of the fucking car?

i dont get it? are they clean now?

Sportwagen means sports car literally

but it's not a fucking Sportscar, it's a stupid wagon
it could be a 'sport wagon' but definitely no Sportwagen

Well, I didn't name it, some retarded businessman in a board room did.

I know, but that doesn't make it less cringy

About as clean as your mom

Where I am at we rock ford gasoline ambulances. Are the diesels any good?

Different ambulancefag here. 2010 E-450 with a 6.0 Powerstroke. It screams it's head off but will get up to 90mph and has gotten 11.5 mpg's average over 50k miles.
Can't get the 6.7 unless it's an actual F-350+ truck platform.

I want to hear what that monster sounds like. Any clips?

basically a fuckload of steel moving around and a explosion every once and awhile

It would just be a very general factory buzz noise of metal moving and shit happening, reminiscent of a loud vacuum cleaner. But it rolls some nice sulfuric coal

"How to be entirely wrong" the post.

kazakhstan i drive my petrol np paj in -35 -40 every winter. diesels dont even start in these conditions here.

>VW
>Good diesels

VW has always been barrel bottom on diesels. Their only good diesel engines are the old 1.9TDI with rotative pump ( not the PD ), and the 3.0 V6. Everything else is garbage.

VW, from a bussines point of view, is playing a very dangerous, and short-sighted game : Let's make cars that last for just 3 years, the warranty period, and nothing more. In a growing economy that causes consumerism, and more money. But when the crisis hits ( excepted in january 2017 ) the new and used VW car sales will plummet, as nobody will buy unreliable pieces of junk.
They've been riding on people's ignorance cuz everybody got more and more money. Once the crisis kicks in, the harsh reality will kick VAG in the teeth.

Anyhow, Europe is still very good at making diesel engines..
Mercedes had the famous 2.143cc which got replaced by the all new 2.0 litre power plant.
BMW has perfected the 2.0 litre diesel so much that it went on in the X5.
Renault has the bulletproof 1.5dci engine that is so good that Mercedes bought it for the smaller models.
Opel's recently discountinued 1.7 cdti engine was one of the most reliable diesels on the planet - dunno if you americans got it..
Ford has the legendary 1.6 and 1.8 tdci engines which for more than 400k km
Alfa Romeo has the bulletproof 1.9JTD 8v, literally immortal engine.
Peugeot has the 1.6 hdi..

Just because VW is the barrel-bottom car producer right now, who cares only on quick cash grabs, that doesn't mean Europe doesn't know how to build diesels..

There are more and more cases of VW cars breaking down 3 days from leaving the factory, the reliability has trully gone to shit

>BMW has perfected the 2.0 litre diesel

BMW's inline six diesel design process:
>Add turbo
>Repeat

>specifies -40c
Why

r8 my diesel squad

Whilst I also don't agree with the BMW 5-turbo bi-supercharged policy, their cookie cutter 2.0d is one of the best diesels today

>>Alfa Romeo has the bulletproof 1.9JTD 8v, literally immortal engine.
>tfw no 1.9 multijet engine
>tfw no 240hp/400Nm with a few simple mods

btw, some user posted this vid in a thread about diesels days ago.

Truly fantastic, tbqh.
youtube.com/watch?v=6FYttMIdUmA

We have a chrysler voyager tdi 1998 mod we bought new since and it has 350k km on it, still running fine
Also a mercedes 2004 v6 e320 cdi. About 250k km since. Still running fine.
In 2013 my parents bought a brand new golf 7 2.0 tdi, still running fine.

My father is a fuel economist. He wants to see good mileage. Thats why everything is diesel.

My first car is a peugeot 106 which is petrol and its about to explode. Still have it and very scared to drive it. And somehow it still manages to drink petrol like its somehow 2 tons heavy

Make illegal mods and all diesels sound like that

well all the 1.9JTD are bulletproof, but the 115 bhp 8v is the sturdiest of the bunch !

>illegal mods
>"land of the free"
>can't even mod your car
cuckold: the cuntry

Yes yes.. keep the butthurt flowing, slave.

Toastin the bestest small diesel engine in the world to keep this bread alive.

>more than 5 million units produced by 2013
>used by various other brands including PSA, Opel, Suzuki, etc

im not from americuck you faggot.

>mfw NA diesel that cant smoke
>mfw its just loud as shit
>mfw 4mpg
>mfw nothing but pure torque